Is Morrissey gay, discuss

Johnny recently came out as straight. I'd never heard that from him previously, but it's here:

This is like when Elton John claimed to be bisexual.
436A9C91-050C-4E59-B578-B860243B1652.jpeg

You do have to take into account the type of woman Tina was. I mean this as respectfully as I can, but Tina did look quite mannish or at the very least boyish. It wasn't as though Moz had hooked up with some broad with big boobies and child bearing hips. My best guess and like everyone else it's only a guess, is that he is a homosexual but should he end up with a woman this is the type of woman (looks wise) I'd expect him to be with.
Have you actually seen a picture of Tina?

I always thought she existed but only in Morrissey's mind.

WTF? is :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: gay? is this what I believe I read?doh:

I mean wtf? is Skinny Muslim?doh:

Of course the dramatic one is gay, he mooches with dudes 45 min at a time.:yum:

LOOOLLLLLLLL:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: came out as straight like Elton John and Liberace:handok:

:rofl:

I think he’s bisexual, though he doesn’t use or like that particular term himself.

I think he probably prefers men but I don’t doubt he has had sexual and romantic relationships with women also.

His autobiography was an enjoyable read but the way it was written leaves this part of his life open to interpretation. His writing style was entertainingly vague, and I suspect deliberately so.

There could be all sorts of reasons why he’s never publicly stated in layman’s terms what his orientation is.

Maybe he feels it would ruin the whole ‘mystique’ around him which would have an impact on his career.

Perhaps he has genuinely been confused about his sexuality, thinking at various points that he might be gay, straight, bisexual or asexual. Unable to convince himself as to what he is, how could he possibly tell the world?

Maybe he has always known what his sexuality is but felt unable to share it with family and friends for whatever reason, let alone the rest of the world. Perhaps his parents are quite conservative in this regard and he worried as to how they’d react?

Maybe he has always known exactly what he is, has always been comfortable with it but simply considers it a private matter.

Morrissey is a very shy person I would say. I think he regards writing lyrics as a form of therapy. He can say things he perhaps lacks the courage to say to someone in normal conversation, and by writing lyrics he is under no obligation to explain exactly what those lyrics mean, whether they’re autobiographical, or whether they are to be taken literally or not.

Rather than having long term relationships or one night stands, maybe Morrissey channels his romantic and sexual longing for people through his songs. For some people, that’s enough. They don’t necessarily want to be in a relationship. They like living alone.

it's either the life force or the death force that people are tending to. in some it ends up being a lifelong conflict between the two. when you lack a strong sexual desire, you cannot really participate fully in life, you feel most likely alienated from how other people live their lives. in people tending more to the death force with a smaller amount of sex drive hormones, attraction or even desire has to be built up over a longer stretch of time, sometimes years, as the prospect of entering a warm pussy and grabbing some boobs or dicks, is not enough to trigger erotic feelings of any sort. evolution defo favours those who can trigger such desperate longings quickly and build their lives around the goal of fullfilling them, so that group has ended up being the life-affirming, sex- and procreation focussed majority with all their petty problems evolving as consequences of their sexuality. after the kids have arrived, the homely nest becomes the center of attention, in which the sexual desire turns into a protective or possessive carpet of belonging. it is all part of a biological programme, that has been crystallizing during thousands of years of evolution.
those tending to the death force logically havent procreated that much, as it all takes much longer and involves the ability to cultivate the seeds of life and love over a longer period of time which has become even more difficult in our fast-paced societies.
i would say that humasexuals belong to the second category. i assume that their reduced sex drive makes them focus not so much on need-driven copulation with the high risk of accidental procreation, but rather the enterprise of encountering another person first. but as those people are all more or less belonging to the first category, and their numbers are growing exponentially, it will be difficult for humasexuals to find romantic partners in general. so maybe they have to stick to those sympathetic and/or interesting few, that are on the same wavelength, whatever their biological equipment.
Wait a minute. You're going along with the idea that humasexuals are a thing that exist and you've studied their sex drives? Who were your subjects?

That's because you know hardly anything about Morrissey and you come up with your own fantasies about what he thinks and believes which you post to this website and almost always miss the mark on it.

It's fan fiction and most of what you write about Morrissey wouldn't look out of place on the Blue Rose Society website. He's not communicating secretly with any of us.

He's a 60 year old millionaire, he's not an asexual and no he doesn't claim to be in relationships with imaginary women --- he's not Urbanus.

We've all seen pictures of Tina. Ignore the inconvenient fact that Tina exists so you can continue believing you have a unique insight into the inner workings of Morrissey's brain. Then you can create more essay length expositions on what you imagine are Morrissey's romantic and nostalgic longings despite the the fact that you're about 25 years too late with all of this.

Tina is a real person. She accompanied Morrissey to a record store signing in LA in October 2000, but I can't find any pictures now. She also appears in "the importance of being Morrissey", where she, and another female are taking Morrissey out to a strip bar. She is the dark haired woman sitting next to Morrissey. Below is the link to the video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fbDjxW7Qo0

That's because you know hardly anything about Morrissey and you come up with your own fantasies about what he thinks and believes which you post to this website and almost always miss the mark on it.

It's fan fiction and most of what you write about Morrissey wouldn't look out of place on the Blue Rose Society website. He's not communicating secretly with any of us.

He's a 60 year old millionaire, he's not an asexual and no he doesn't claim to be in relationships with imaginary women --- he's not Urbanus.

We've all seen pictures of Tina. Ignore the inconvenient fact that Tina exists so you can continue believing you have a unique insight into the inner workings of Morrissey's brain. Then you can create more essay length expositions on what you imagine are Morrissey's romantic and nostalgic longings despite the the fact that you're about 25 years too late with all of this.
I've been an avid Morrissey admirer for a decade and a half now. I've seen him live dozens of times and have read everything, so quite naturally I have my opinions and fancies of his inner workings. I accept that I may be off the mark - it's possible at least - but then again it's likely that my calculated assumptions just may be adroitly precise. I've spent a lot of time musing on these things so I'd strongly put my money on the latter.

Morrissey communicates in subtle ways, playfully sending out signals that are purposely ambiguous. This is his game, the way he plays. On his sexuality the most lazy and obvious answer is to assume he is gay. This is like saying he is a racist because he is sad to see the blatantly engineered demise of England. Morrissey is a more complicated character and deserves more than lazy presumptions.

Look at the one lyrical recurring motif of The Smiths. He wants to be laughing and dancing and finally living, but he can't let go, he can't make that jump and knows he never will. He wants and he longs but he knows this swooning romance will only ever be from afar. This is the melancholy voice of the asexual technical virgin. Yes, in reality Moz may have had fleeting sexual encounters, but, to be crude, I don't believe he has ever physicaly mounted another person. I don't believe he has ever had a sex life or been an active sexual person. Some things must be lived through poetry only, the only means of the eternal bedroom dreamer.

I have stated more than once that I only joined this site 18 or so months ago to defend Moz from what I felt was a disproportionate onslaught of racist allegations from so many of his own fans. Occasionally I browsed this site but to be truthful I wasn't always impressed with what I saw so I wasn't exactly an avid visitor.

I did not know until today that Tina was a real person. I bought Moz's autobiography on the day it came out and upon reading it I learned absolutely nothing new and was quite surprised that Moz could write an entire book about himself without once denting the mystery of his character. Initially I found this disappointing as I thirsted for salacious gossip, but of course being Moz a non-revelatory book was only to be expected. His privacy is treasured, and he basks in the mystery and the guessing games - and always has.

But back to Tina, in the book this was the one piece of info that was new to me. I presumed that she was a playful ploy character - something to leave everyone guessing and wondering. All that stuff with Jake I'd heard before. You can love a friend without that person being your gay lover.

Morrissey being a millionaire doesn't bother me. Money comes hand in hand with fame. Money allows Moz to practice his art and take it to people around the world. If he was still on the dole in Whalley Range he could be producing some great poetry or insightful diary pages (and I'm sure there are people out there who do) but it's quite likely that nobody would know that he or his talent existed. One of the best things about Moz is that despite his wealth and status he still retains the clear-sighted honesty of the young working class nobody that he once was.

His comments on immigration seemed straight from somebody still firmly rooted in the real world of England's grit - the actual world and its real happenings down here on the street - rather than a world of international airports, luxury hotels and chauffeured limos. He's a very intuitive and honest man - and brave, because for an Englishman to express any nostalgia or national pride in this skewed (and definitely strange) era of liberal authoritarianism is to risk sabotaging your career. But Morrissey refused to pull back and instead thrust in the knife again and again. It was hilarious and highly admirable.

Last edited:
It's all very Tennessee Williams. Public events with Tina then back home to ??? and when it's time for the book "We wuz gonna make babby but no."

Back
Top Bottom