"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
doh:doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and PAUL IS DEAD.

:cool:
Not yet, but I have him down for my 2017 death pool and stand to make a few bucks if he keels over by Jan 1st.
If he does go, I hope he goes while having to listen to that Xmas tune he vomited onto the world. :D

Well, the obvious reading is that the lyric charts the Jacky character having a breakdown after splitting up with someone, presumably the "you" of "since she left you". The middle-eight is basically her outlining the sequence of events:

"Cue lights! I am singing to my lover at night! Initially happy with that person...

Scene Two: Everyone who comes must go! Then they leave them...

Scene Four: Blacker than ever before! Her mental state worsens as a result...

Scene Six: This country is making me sick!" She actually becomes ill...

Which leads to the next verse:

Jacky cracks when she isn't on stage Where she has some kind of breakdown...

See the effects of sexual neglect Which is the result of now being on her own...

No script, no crew, no auto-cue Her loneliness only being heightened offstage...

No audience telling her what to do! The absence of an audience making it worse...

... hence why she is only happy when she is up on the stage.

I genuinely can't see how a Brexit/immigration reading holds together with the song lyric in its entirety.
Kristeen Young. I would love to hear what he'd say if asked directly if it is about her.

you think about Trump all the time? you sound unhinged :thumb:
no. no. no. I have visited this site for years. it's unique.it is still grounded in the music. moz has always been a little left of center. unique.witty,with an opposing point of view.as always its only about the music. moz tends to push against the right,the mundane,the norm. his insight is often is thought about but rarely mentioned. he sheds light on real concerns.rebellion comes when the wrongs are so perverted they push hard to become the norm. we are not a country of uniformity,everyone travels to the beat of a different drum.we just don't want trump or anyone else tell us what to play..the only reason I mention it is because I don't agree with the RIGHT. it is constantly shoved in our faces.f*** American politics.i will never discuss it again.please remember it is about music and no matter how dirty the mind, music exists that can clean things up.ps I am not unhinged,just liberal

I don't think Morrissey has time to write songs about Kristeen Young. Mentioning her in any way would give her attention. I know he loves to hold a grudge but there must be more interesting people to write about if it's about someone. Ultimately it's about himself.

I really like the video. On hone hand you can view it as just campy fun, that has a slight surreal element later on in it. However, I think you can also view this as a subversive commentary on the music industry. Morrissey and his band aren't dancers, entertainers. He doesn't "perform" as he has stated in many interviewers. They are top notch musicians that write and sing songs with meaning. The video is a sort of comic send up of modern pop music. They are band and artists in the 60's and 70's sense in that they play music. By commically showing you what they are not, they are subtlety also telling you what they are.

Nooo... don't tell me that's a bald spot peaking through at 2:23 in the video.

It's been peeking through for a while if the truth be told, that Damon has been doing a helluva job hiding it for his Mozjesty.

Not yet, but I have him down for my 2017 death pool and stand to make a few bucks if he keels over by Jan 1st.
If he does go, I hope he goes while having to listen to that Xmas tune he vomited onto the world. :D

And I hope you go after having your nuts chewed off by squirrels on Christmas morning.

A fun video. Not often you get to see 5 back-up dancers all moving at different tempos.

I know! I've been laughing all day about that one. Boz is lurching all over the place like a drunk man :laughing: I like freeze-framing the video in random parts and looking at what all 5 of them are doing, they are all over the f***en place. Worst back-up dancers EVA :lbf::lbf:

It means something, K. What would you suggest those words in that order convey? It’s hardly cryptic is it?

If I wrote “Everyone who comes must go, this country is making me sick, blacker than ever before.” you might be entitled to draw a conclusion from that.

For the record it doesn’t bother me an iota if that is his meaning. He is as welcome to those opinions as those who hold diametrically opposite views.

Nice big Christian cross there, too, I see.

think Orson sums it up pretty well. Nothing cryptic about it.

what cross would you prefer him to wear ? Maltese? But it's really not so strange to see him wearing a cross, him being a born again atheist and more importantly... practicing troublemaker.

I really like the video. On hone hand you can view it as just campy fun, that has a slight surreal element later on in it. However, I think you can also view this as a subversive commentary on the music industry. Morrissey and his band aren't dancers, entertainers. He doesn't "perform" as he has stated in many interviewers. They are top notch musicians that write and sing songs with meaning. The video is a sort of comic send up of modern pop music. They are band and artists in the 60's and 70's sense in that they play music. By commically showing you what they are not, they are subtlety also telling you what they are.
Wow. You’re really reaching. I like the song but whatever I just watched there is f***ing BRUTAL.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom