Johnny Marr gig report at the Night & Day Cafe (Sep. 29); set list included 5 Smiths songs

See the forum thread for more reports, videos and images.

Report posted by Dave2006:

Top night last night - Johnny is one cool, cool bloke. Well, last night he was sweating buckets because it was so hot in there.

At one stage he stood in front of the monitors playing to the crowd, people were patting him on the head and ruffling his hair, one guy in the front row was obviously saying something to Johnny and it looked like Johnny kissed the top of his head - it was a surreal, beautiful moment.

A mate lifted the set list from the guitarist at the end and gave it to me -

img00765-20110930-0859.jpg

There is a Light was lined up as a potential final encore (there is a question mark at the end of the title, but it's not too clear on the photo) but after 'It's My Life' (was this a cover - it sounded vaguely familiar?) he left the stage not to return. The roadie shouted at the DJ 'plug your ipod in, quick!'

As the clip above shows, How Soon is Now was fantastic - watching the guitarist use the slide made me wish that Morrissey had guitarists with half as much talent these days...

Looking forward to Deaf Institute next week.​

Videos posted by MrShankly93 in the thread:

Related item:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Johnny Marr gig report at the Night & Day Cafe (Sep. 29); set list inclu

I will mention this one more time, make the anons sign in then it's possible to police the forum, this place is dying because of this kind of nonsense. Virtually every thread hijacked, it even gets tiresome insulting them, this forum will not see the new year if something is not done.
Damn right billybus69! I'm an idiot for engaging with them.

Re: Article: Johnny Marr gig report at the Night & Day Cafe (Sep. 29); set list inclu

Damn right billybus69! I'm an idiot for engaging with them.

You are not an idiot.
You know that all posts considering decay of Johhny Marr are true.
Marr's career is whoring (so he satisfy shallowly with irrelevant).
Mozz career is fighting (so he engage, with highs and lows, constantly).

we'll let you know

Jesus Christ guys (I'm referring to you Anonymous Guests) why can't you write proper sentances?
What does 'so he satisfy shallowly with irrelevant' mean?
And what is all the 'we'll let you know' s about?
Why can't you just say what you mean in intelligible language and then others can respond.
This is called normal decent human behaviour.

Johnny walked away from his chance to be one of the greats and he will spend the rest of his career trying to capitalize on the memories of fans. He's very, very impressed with himself and his fans seem to enjoy that, but neither he nor they are "cool".

Thanks, The Management

Jesus Christ guys (I'm referring to you Anonymous Guests) why can't you write proper sentances?
Why can't you just say what you mean in intelligible language and then others can respond.

The meaning of "so he satisfy shallowly with irrelavant";

Year 1990.
Marr is working with his hairdresser (yes hairdresser) on this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rib3OXyyreM
His hairdresser is close to happy mondays drug scene so Marr has a wish to stich him self to latest music trend via THAT CRAP!
SO HE SATISFY SHALLOWLY WITH IRRELAVANT!
Showing he is no artist (post The Smiths, or, correctly, post Morrissey), just pop-whore who suck even his drugpul gayish hairdresser to circle pop-worlds margine.

That year, 1990., Morrissey put out one of the best singles EVER in the history of pop-music: November Spawned A Monster.
You get? Mozz is artist, Marr is patetic.

Marr-popwhoredom
Mozz-popkingdom

The meaning of "so he satisfy shallowly with irrelavant";

Year 1990.
Marr is working with his hairdresser (yes hairdresser) on this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rib3OXyyreM
His hairdresser is close to happy mondays drug scene so Marr has a wish to stich him self to latest music trend via THAT CRAP!
SO HE SATISFY SHALLOWLY WITH IRRELAVANT!
Showing he is no artist (post The Smiths, or, correctly, post Morrissey), just pop-whore who suck even his drugpul gayish hairdresser to circle pop-worlds margine.

That year, 1990., Morrissey put out one of the best singles EVER in the history of pop-music: November Spawned A Monster.
You get? Mozz is artist, Marr is patetic.

Marr-popwhoredom
Mozz-popkingdom
OK, I think I'm getting it. In order to make sense out of what you people are saying, all I need to do is insert various indefinite articles, correct a few spelling mistakes and improve the grammer.
Couldn't you do that?

The Anonymous are sharpening up the hate sticks to stick them into Johnny. Guess they got tired of poking at Morrissey . Keep up the good fight Peterb . I agree with what you are saying !

The Anonymous are sharpening up the hate sticks to stick them into Johnny. Guess they got tired of poking at Morrissey . Keep up the good fight Peterb . I agree with what you are saying !
Thanks Guernie, although I feel I'm dirtying myself by responding to them.

Johnny Marr is the absolute king of satisfying shallowly with irrelevant. I get a sort of anticipatory feeling when I encounter anything he's done because I can count on it being satisfying but at the same time I know it's shallow and irrelevant. That's our Johnny and we like him just like he is.

The Management

Mmmm "proper sentances" what are sentances? I've never come across that word !!!
I don't think I've heard of "shallowly" either!!! Its got a good ring to it though I will say that

Mmmm "proper sentances" what are sentances? I've never come across that word !!!
I don't think I've heard of "shallowly" either!!! Its got a good ring to it though I will say that
e
SirTurbognights, please don't be willfully dense.'Sentance' was a typo and 'shallowly' can be found in Chambers dictionary. The posts of your mates do not make sense and even if I made errors atleast I'm being clear about what I'm saying. Good Lord!

e
SirTurbognights, please don't be willfully dense.'Sentance' was a typo and 'shallowly' can be found in Chambers dictionary. The posts of your mates do not make sense and even if I made errors atleast I'm being clear about what I'm saying. Good Lord!

e!!!!!! what is that??? ONLY JOKING come on we can have little humour surely.

And I stand corrected on "Shallowly" as well, and for that I thankyou (I do love saying it though sounds great)

And I stand corrected on "Shallowly" as well, and for that I thankyou (I do love saying it though sounds great)[/QUOTE
Shit, I'm sorry. I have no sense of irony today. I've also been unkind to you on another thread. Sorry again.

And I stand corrected on "Shallowly" as well, and for that I thankyou (I do love saying it though sounds great)[/QUOTE
Shit, I'm sorry. I have no sense of irony today. I've also been unkind to you on another thread. Sorry again.

Hi again Peterb
I've just seen that other comment you mentioned and it really made me laugh,you really took the bait, you must have been steaming mad!!
Anyway no offence taken its just the english sense of humour and its devil ways.
Take care and take deep breaths.

Hi again Peterb
I've just seen that other comment you mentioned and it really made me laugh,you really took the bait, you must have been steaming mad!!
Anyway no offence taken its just the english sense of humour and its devil ways.
Take care and take deep breaths.
TOP MAN Sirtuborgnights!

Shallowly solowers

You see, you need higher education.
Now, if you pass literate exam - comprehend: shallowly - try to consume that sluggish marr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbO7rNAedXY

you see/hear, boy can't play, boy can't sing - boy is no good. Boy is Sad. Boy is Patetic. Listen to that heavy-metal solo. Christ, Tobias is paganini on geeta for poor marr.
Why?
Lack of style, lack of mastership.
Master=Morrissey

we'll let you know

Back
Top Bottom