Johnny Marr Q&A on Twitter today (Sep. 16, 2013, 9pm GMT)

Johnny is not wrong. It is just his opinion, you know? Queen are the best band of all time for me, but The Smiths are my favorite band. Brian May is a truly genius, and a much better guitarrist than Marr.

Why is Brian May an 'absolute pillock'?

Many reasons. My personal grudge is May dirtying the name 'Queen' with live singers such as Adam Lambert. He even sets to record a Queen album with him as lead. There was no real need to carry on with Queen. John Deacon is the only member who seems satisfied with what Queen did and humbly kept away when they took on Paul Rodgers. The next Queen album will feature Freddie Mercury though, from out takes and demos and heaven :D

If 'Nevermore' or 'Don't Try So Hard' had been written by Morrissey they would be regarded as his masterpieces.

"If 'Nevermore' or 'Don't Try So Hard' had been written by Morrissey they would be regarded as his masterpieces."

Quoted for truth. By myself. Oh yes.

Unfortunately, he is also an absolute flipping pillock.

A true tale about Brian May.

He is a very fine astronomer, and was a good friend to the until recently GLE (Greatest Living Englishman) Sir Patrick Moore who died last year. Sir Patrick was not a wealthy man in his old age, in part due to a desire to educate the young about his remarkable strand of science. As age and ill health took hold his financial position became such he was in danger of losing his beloved home of many decades.

Brian May bought Sir Patrick's home at above market value and rented it back to him for a peppercorn rent. This arrangement remained secret until after Sir Patrick's passing and when it was revealed in one of our rags, May was very upset.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/dec/16/brian-may-sunday-times-moore-house

May's musical talent is a matter of taste. Whether or not he is a decent human being who looks after his friends is indisputable.

Some other music stars might take note.

He is a very fine astronomer, and was a good friend to the until recently GLE (Greatest Living Englishman) Sir Patrick Moore who died last year. Sir Patrick was not a wealthy man in his old age, in part due to a desire to educate the young about his remarkable strand of science. As age and ill health took hold his financial position became such he was in danger of losing his beloved home of many decades.

Brian May bought Sir Patrick's home at above market value and rented it back to him for a peppercorn rent. This arrangement remained secret until after Sir Patrick's passing and when it was revealed in one of our rags, May was very upset.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/dec/16/brian-may-sunday-times-moore-house

May's musical talent is a matter of taste. Whether or not he is a decent human being who looks after his friends is indisputable.

Sounds like a very decent bloke.

I shall scrap my recipe for the badger sausages I had planned with all the excess badger meat knocking around these days, instead I shall look into the sporran market.

Benny-the-Butcher

If it is kept secret, how do you know that other music stars don't take note?

There goes poor JB once again, pompously lecturing "other music stars" as to how they ought to live their lives.

1) Just because the story appeared in a newspaper doesn't mean it's 100% accurate. To believe otherwise is extremely naive.

2) You have absolutely NO IDEA what charitable contributions "some other music stars" make privately because it's precisely that: PRIVATE and unpublicised.

So shut the f*** up, you tedious little boy. Your sniping and sneering is not only boring, ineffective and misdirected, but it also makes you look like one colossal tosser.

Marr is a great guitarist for his genre... If I had to compare though May v Marr, I would have to give the nod to May on technical ability. This is in NO WAY slighting Marr. Marr is a genius guitarist who was able to put a few strands together that take multiple guitarists to duplicate in studio and live. However, May's ability cannot be ignored.

With that said... you all still need to see Trey Anastasio.

There goes poor JB once again, pompously lecturing "other music stars" as to how they ought to live their lives.

1) Just because the story appeared in a newspaper doesn't mean it's 100% accurate. To believe otherwise is extremely naive.

2) You have absolutely NO IDEA what charitable contributions "some other music stars" make privately because it's precisely that: PRIVATE and unpublicised.

So shut the f*** up, you tedious little boy. Your sniping and sneering is not only boring, ineffective and misdirected, but it also makes you look like one colossal tosser.

Hey, my stalker's back! You're thick as shit, and a coward to boot.

If it is kept secret, how do you know that other music stars don't take note?

Oh dear. In your rabid desire to attack me you missed out where I said "Some".

Now, why do you think so many people are noticing the sharp drop in the intelligence of Morrissey fans these days, when he attracts imbeciles like you, unable to comprehend the simplest sentence?

Let's face a few facts here shall we? Morrissey is almost certainly finished. He's become his own tribute act, who, when he isn't shitting through the eye of a needle has to tour the edges of the world to get an audience. He has a reputation of being extremely unreliable and deeply unpleasant. He looks years older than he actually is and is often ill. If he was ten years younger then perhaps he might have more of a chance. He already looks sixty, and in five years he'll be well on the way to looking seventy.

His downfall wasn't about his music, though. It was a series of self-inflicted wounds via statements both on stage and via his unquestioning, unsmiling, miserable little organ TTY. That site represents him well, doesn't it? Made in his image. Looks OK, but when you scratch behind the facade there is little there besides the obsessive desire to make himself look important, when he ceased being so at least a decade ago. Like its master it never changes.

He has become a humourless, hate-filled bully living on an almost Ozymandian plinth of his own making, serving only his own egotistical, lonely existence of unfettered self-absortion.

Morrissey today is an utter joke. Tony Wilson, and many others down the years, have been proved right. He's a nasty, bitter, hate filled c***, railing at babies, using dead nurses, terror victims, anything, in fact, to get himself a few column inches. When he dies it will be as the lead singer of the Smiths. His solo years will be seen for what they were. Three decent albums and a handful of singles stretched molecule thin over twenty-five years.

He got old, and eventually so did his schtick.

Interesting little tale from johnny, pity he's got to lower the tone at the end of it by his usual barbed comments aimed at morrissey, then he does it again by calling an anonymous poster thick. Becoming a regular occurance this johnny, you like to think you're better than other people on here but you just keep proving yourself wrong. Just my opinion but I don't think you can like queen and the smiths/ morrissey, its like chalk and cheese, I personally don't like either queens.

Interesting little tale from johnny, pity he's got to lower the tone at the end of it by his usual barbed comments aimed at morrissey, then he does it again by calling an anonymous poster thick. Becoming a regular occurance this johnny, you like to think you're better than other people on here but you just keep proving yourself wrong. Just my opinion but I don't think you can like queen and the smiths/ morrissey, its like chalk and cheese, I personally don't like either queens.
Your opinion is that you CANNOT like both Queen and the Smiths?
What kind of opinion is that? You must know that's ludicrous.
Look to yourself, don't you have divergent tastes?

Your opinion is that you CANNOT like both Queen and the Smiths?
What kind of opinion is that? You must know that's ludicrous.
Look to yourself, don't you have divergent tastes?
It's not that you "cannot like both queen and the smiths" what I meant was I cannot imagine being a fan of both bands as their music/fanbase are so different, my musical taste are (from top to bottom) morrissey/ the smiths, the cure, pink floyd, radiohead, echo and the bunnymen, james, the the, new order and a few others, I don't know if you would class that as divergent or not.

Once again johnny on again attacking someone's intelligence, using the same old soundbites, morrissey his own tribute act, shitting through the eye of a needle, etc,etc, " he is a utter joke", " he is a hate filled bully", " he is a nasty hate filled c***" all this abuse johnny throws at morrissey is actually more suited to describe himself

We have just witnessed morrissey being called a" nasty hate filled c***" on a morrissey fan forum, shouldn't david t have something to say about this? Is that not taking freedom of speech too far? If you think morrissey is a " nasty hate filled c***" why would you be on a morrissey fan forum every day?

It's not that you "cannot like both queen and the smiths" what I meant was I cannot imagine being a fan of both bands as their music/fanbase are so different, my musical taste are (from top to bottom) morrissey/ the smiths, the cure, pink floyd, radiohead, echo and the bunnymen, james, the the, new order and a few others, I don't know if you would class that as divergent or not.
Oh yeah, quite divergent. The Floyd and The Smiths? (I like them too).
I suppose it depends on what you see as being a 'fan' and 'liking'.

Back
Top Bottom