Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the ecstasy of Portsmouth, I was a bit concerned what an outdoor Morrissey gig would be like…the set list was basically the same and the atmosphere just as good. There is the nice architecture of Leeds Town Hall and Leeds City Museum surrounding Millennium Square, as visited in the year 2000 by Nelson Mandela. Like Portsmouth, it wasn’t sold out but both gigs couldn’t have fitted many more in. Great sound. Sweet & Tender Hooligan was played at the end and so there was no encore, with a few mumbles of disappointment from the masses.

Little Brewdog cans were £6 a piece so had to drink two at a time. Best comedy bit was the mention of “impure thoughts, or sexual inter course as it is now and I’ve had three girlfriends..it’s a big number..I know that..Virginia Woolfe, Diana Dors and Ena Sharples.”

Well worth the journey and a fantastic night. I’m off to the Morrissey disco now in my Boxers tour t -shirt if you’d like to ignore me…wish me luck!

Attachments

• 4FAD2A1D-968C-43C3-B0F7-0B5C532F6970.jpeg
    4FAD2A1D-968C-43C3-B0F7-0B5C532F6970.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 45B76D62-D3DD-46DA-801A-3EB7E6C151E2.jpeg
    45B76D62-D3DD-46DA-801A-3EB7E6C151E2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 4DB4C2C1-6CE8-4B7E-863E-C15D15A43E27.jpeg
    4DB4C2C1-6CE8-4B7E-863E-C15D15A43E27.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3F62FA51-D809-4FBA-A765-FC8C1F2508BA.jpeg
    3F62FA51-D809-4FBA-A765-FC8C1F2508BA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 28D2663B-3006-4B86-B833-B17D85122BA4.jpeg
    28D2663B-3006-4B86-B833-B17D85122BA4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
HSIN
Suedehead
Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One
Irish Blood
Girlfriend In A Coma
Paris
Notre Dame
I Wish You Lonely
Sure Enough; The Telephone Rings
The Night Pop Dropped
Half A Person
Our Frank
Sunday
Knockabout World
The Loop
Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want
Ripper
Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Our Frank

I"m gonna get you !

😶

This run in the middle is a tough old slog and I like I Wish You Lonely!

Paris
Notre Dame
I Wish You Lonely
The Night Pop Dropped

This run in the middle is a tough old slog and I like I Wish You Lonely!

Paris
Notre Dame
I Wish You Lonely
The Night Pop Dropped
wish u lonely is great ... telephone rings is a bouncy brief bop too . the 2 new songs have a certain groove to them . I was glad of a run of tracks the arseholes didn't know as it all calmed down a bit

Notre Dame again. It's just a question of time before the British press is all over this. Didnt he cancel at Castlefield some years ago because of bad press/accusations et al? The Dave Haslam feud.

Indeed. Makes Sorry Will Come In The End sound memorable.
I just don't understand what's happened to him over the last 10 years (or more).

His lyrics are clumsy and unoriginal. The music is uninspiring.

I want to like the new stuff, but I just don't. And the scary thing is, it isn't just the new stuff. I said on here recently that the last genuinely solid album he put out was Years of Refusal. That was 2009. Fourteen years ago.

That's like if everything after Bona Drag had been shit until You Are the Quarry.

He's been coasting for far too long and blaming everyone else for his problems. It's tiresome.

Get your shit together Morrissey or just retire.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom