London, England - Eventim Apollo (Sep. 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Let The Right One Slip In / Suedehead / Speedway / Ganglord / Boxers / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / Alma Matters / Will Never Marry / My Dearest Love / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Morran.

Last edited:
if you yourself are only "pretty sure" then i'll stick with my original statement.

If that is your reaction to someone mildly pointing out that your favourite pop star might not be the most important person to ever walk the earth what do you do if someone brings you the wrong sandwich?

Curious if any of you fans in the UK are upset that this was his last show over there, it seems like no one is really making it a big deal.

That's because a lot of us actually just don't believe him.

Really, the voice was great, the band tight but I'm sorry having stumped up £65.00, his attitude towards the crowd stinks. Too aloof and on this basis will be pleased if that's the end of it. Had enough of the ego.

In that case, why is he touring anywhere with his current record deal status? Why is he only singling out UK for last shows?

As someone else pointed out , he singled out Canada over animal rights issues, even though there are clearly equal or worse animal rights abuses in other countries he has played.

I guess the UK just has to take the hit this time for him to make his point.

There are still lots of other countries he can play if he stays away from the UK and Canada.

No I don't want to join a f***ing gym, that Human Verification thing is really annoying.

Anyway. 'I know it's gonna happen someday' would've been a brilliant one to end on. That would be very Bowie-like - as Rock n roll Suicide was the last song Bowie did at Hammersmith at the 'last ever' show (which wasn't). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-G1Uy0OkCw

Bowie's Hammersmith show was always intended to be the final Spiders show, before he moved on - "Not only is it the last show of the tour, but it's the last show we'll ever do" - 42 years and you still don't understand! It was that twat Tony De Fries who hyped it as retirement. As for Lord Morrissey, he has been known to change his mind you know...

If that is your reaction to someone mildly pointing out that your favourite pop star might not be the most important person to ever walk the earth what do you do if someone brings you the wrong sandwich?

The assumptions you've made about me tell me all I need to know regarding any opinion you may have on any given topic.

Why single out the UK? Petulance. He feels rejected by the music industry, so he's going to pull a strop and flounce out of the door. Of course, he can still play abroad and rake in the cash, and go back to his Wilderness Years phase as 'misunderstood and unappreciated exile from his own country', which I think he rather enjoyed on some level.

Morrissey has never been a gracious loser, and when it comes to 'Moz vs the UK major record companies', it's quite clear that this IS a defeat.

He'd rather have no record deal than sign with an indie. Just think about that for a moment, and you'll see where his priorities lie. I'm sure if he hadn't found a publisher with the push and prestige of Penguin, then his autobiography would still be mouldering in his desk drawer as well.

In Morrissey's mind, he is the most important artist in the UK - if not the world. His ego demands the best. Backing down has never been in his nature - diva-ish strops certainly are. He's tried touring huge venues with no label to show how beloved by the public he is, and posted videos of people going crazy for a piece of his shirt, and the record labels just don't care. So now he's going to sulk.

solo should run a pool on if and when he returns. if he doesnt put out a new album id say he doesnt come back

Can you dumb f*** Brits, Euros, South Americans, and Azapakstanians realize he just wants to stay home in Malibu and LA and do concerts close to home? He is real lucky that the Morrissey planets aligned and he can sell out gigs in 10 seconds specific to California, except the shitty LA Sports Arena Meat Festival. He's a middle aged man and not the Rolling Stones and the Who who do overpriced tickets "World Tours" looking like corpses. Maybe you people should stop letting round objects (kickballs) hit you in the head. Anonymous-

Why single out the UK? Petulance. He feels rejected by the music industry, so he's going to pull a strop and flounce out of the door. Of course, he can still play abroad and rake in the cash, and go back to his Wilderness Years phase as 'misunderstood and unappreciated exile from his own country', which I think he rather enjoyed on some level.

Morrissey has never been a gracious loser, and when it comes to 'Moz vs the UK major record companies', it's quite clear that this IS a defeat.

He'd rather have no record deal than sign with an indie. Just think about that for a moment, and you'll see where his priorities lie. I'm sure if he hadn't found a publisher with the push and prestige of Penguin, then his autobiography would still be mouldering in his desk drawer as well.

In Morrissey's mind, he is the most important artist in the UK - if not the world. His ego demands the best. Backing down has never been in his nature - diva-ish strops certainly are. He's tried touring huge venues with no label to show how beloved by the public he is, and posted videos of people going crazy for a piece of his shirt, and the record labels just don't care. So now he's going to sulk.

i guess well see how the second book fares then

Did anybody spot Solomon trying to flog some old 'F*** Harvest' t shirts out the front? What a twat

Can you dumb f*** Brits, Euros, South Americans, and Azapakstanians realize he just wants to stay home in Malibu and LA and do concerts close to home? He is real lucky that the Morrissey planets aligned and he can sell out gigs in 10 seconds specific to California, except the shitty LA Sports Arena Meat Festival. He's a middle aged man and not the Rolling Stones and the Who who do overpriced tickets "World Tours" looking like corpses. Maybe you people should stop letting round objects (kickballs) hit you in the head. Anonymous-

"World Tour Is Totally His Business" and we're all glad to see him in Turkey, UK, Europe, South America or somewhere else. It seems that he's not bothered because of his recent unsold out nights and he keeps touring. That's simply adorable. So why don't you leave us alone AztecCamera ? :)
Moz.. If you are reading this (I don't think so), please come to Turkey one more time. You're welcomed here. :flowers: Ankara and Izmir need you so bad.

"World Tour Is Totally His Business" and we're all glad to see him in Turkey, UK, Europe, South America or somewhere else. It seems that he's not bothered because of his recent unsold out nights and he keeps touring. That's simply adorable. So why don't you leave us alone AztecCamera ? :)
Moz.. If you are reading this (I don't think so), please come to Turkey one more time. You're welcomed here. :flowers: Ankara and Izmir need you so bad.

he doesnt care about morrissey, his point is just to harass people

Close to 24 hours after his supposed last show in the UK and his number 1 fansite hasn't mustered 100 comments on the fact that it might be the end of an era. And if you factor in people commenting multiple times there are probably only 60 actual comments about the show. THIS is why he doesn't have a record contract. This isn't bashing the fan base or even Morrissey- I'm just pointing out that his band of rabid followers has dwindled considerably. If we barely care you can imagine the collective yawn everywhere else. Please spare me all the "you aren't a TRUE fan" "oh piss off, darling" "you were never REALLY a fan" drivel. I was and still am to a point. I hate how this has all turned out. I would have loved for Morrissey to grow as an artist and person along with me and the rest of the disenchanted fans. And that's just it- he's stopped growing and now, to many of us, he's like that best friend from high school that you only share a history with but are unable to truly connect with anymore because your lives are just in two different places.

Close to 24 hours after his supposed last show in the UK and his number 1 fansite hasn't mustered 100 comments on the fact that it might be the end of an era. And if you factor in people commenting multiple times there are probably only 60 actual comments about the show. THIS is why he doesn't have a record contract. This isn't bashing the fan base or even Morrissey- I'm just pointing out that his band of rabid followers has dwindled considerably. If we barely care you can imagine the collective yawn everywhere else. Please spare me all the "you aren't a TRUE fan" "oh piss off, darling" "you were never REALLY a fan" drivel. I was and still am to a point. I hate how this has all turned out. I would have loved for Morrissey to grow as an artist and person along with me and the rest of the disenchanted fans. And that's just it- he's stopped growing and now, to many of us, he's like that best friend from high school that you only share a history with but are unable to truly connect with anymore because your lives are just in two different places.

Perhaps 'rabid' followers are not that upset because they can see him in Paris next week if they want? Seems to me that it's the past-it tossers on this site that want to make it into something to moan about.

Because.... most people probably suspect that Moz will return to the UK stage at some point. Some also believe he will eventually get a record deal, possibly if his new book is a best seller. There is also something else to consider: Moz can't go on doing concerts forever. He has to consider retirement at some stage. He has given us countless fantastic albums for the last 30 or so years and countless mesmerising concerts. None of us can complain about the hours of pleasure he has given us all. If this is the end of touring in the UK he has earned a rest. Hopefully it is only a speed bump and the whole situation will be resolved. But nothing lasts forever.

Or perhaps people have stopped posting on here due to all the anon trolls who post non stop bullshit.

i have come to have more in common with moz now than i ever was in my time listening to his music. i think to me its the smiths i dont have anything in common with anymore, lyrically at least (musics still fantastic to make a vague distinction). i cant connect with any of those really anymore if ever honestly though i appreciate the craftsmansship of them

the number of posts here correlates perfectly with his declining fan base. record sales go down its because not many are buying the cds. less are buying the because there are less fans. there are less fans thus less posts. logical, really.

but fingers crossed that someone maybe ariola in italy or spain will sign him for the continent. dunno if that will enough for him to resume uk dates or if he will remain spiteful.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe because common sense dictates, reading his equivocal statement, that he is crying wolf and will be doing more uk dates in a year or so when he mounts comeback tour no 1.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom