London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
So many highlights... Jim Jim Falls, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, At Amber...but I could have easily added Lady Willpower, Morning Starship and Back On The Chaingang
I enjoyed the whole thing, I loved the new stuff and thought the set was great, I’m so excited to get hold of the new album now.
Yes, I really loved Morning Starship off the last album and am also excited by the songs I've heard off the upcoming release. I've only heard Bobby receive airplay here on Radio Nova, a few times at this stage, but it sounds amazing. Glad for you that you got to see him in both venues this time around. At least we have the album to keep us going until normality returns, whatever that is.

It’s now amusing when benny starts raining on here , he then shits himself when I start posting... he goes very quiet folks, don’t you think?? Terrified of Carlislebaz. He was asked this very day, two weeks ago to go head- to head with me..... the cabbage crew fell silent.... the offer still stands barby

If I choose to go to a concert, don't live with anyone at risk with a health condition, work from home, I don't sneeze on people and use alcohol sanitiser, then it's my business.

It isn't your business when there is a public health emergency. You have a responsibility to society. Yo can be carrying that virus but not know it as could all the people you were standing next to. This is how it is spreading. How do you know you are not next to someone at any time with a health condition? You don't need to sneeze on someone. You just need to breath out.

People without health problems who have got the virus and become ill are getting lung scarring which will reduce lung capacity and could take decades to recover from.

It is irresponsible. Your hand sanitiser won't stop it.

How about ‘Some Say I Got Devil’?
So good hearing tracks from the last album live.

I just feel that song is sublime, as done by Morrissey. He definitely takes it to another place. I’d heard it before, after Morrissey promoted the deceased Jobriath in 2004. But his version does more than blowing the doors off.

Only meant that it is not air born. You have to be within 2 meters of someone. At a gig are you within 2 meters of more peeps than on bus, at work, etc? Any reasonable person would accept that the risk isn't realistically any higher. The purpose of the forthcoming ban is to ensure that the repressive state apparatus, and the other worthy state apparatus, are not overstretched.

That isn't true. This depends what you mean by airborne. It is possible to catch it from droplets in the air from someone breathing out. There is also a massive difference with your arguments. People who are not able to work from home have to get on a bus and have to go to shops to buy food. They are necessary risks but all scientific advise is to be socially distant and going to a gig with several thousands of people breathing on you isn't necessary and hugely irresponsible and selfish.

I just feel that song is sublime, as done by Morrissey. He definitely takes it to another place. I’d heard it before, after Morrissey promoted the deceased Jobriath in 2004. But his version does more than blowing the doors off.
Did jobriath cover it then?

You do realise the whole of London was performing tonight, gigs, theatre etc etc Or maybe you don't you doughnut.

Again, not true. I know of lots of gigs and nightclub nights that canceled their nights. All football was canceled and many theatres in london closed. If you are going to make up your facts to suit your conscience at least do some research first. I am an event promoter and we canceled 22 events over the weekend.

There's an interesting review of the concert by Michael Barron in xsnoize where he distinguishes Morrisseys own songs from covers by their "fatalistic" vibe. He does seem to recognise Morrissey as an artist praising his ability to "curate" tracks from all but one of his 13 albums. Maybe that's the problem a few of Morrisseys older fans have - they're expecting Smiths and greatest hits, rather than the artists expression of his own work. Sounds like you had a fantastic night. Thank you for your posts and interesting insights.

I did.

Yeah. He is fatalistic. In a very comical way because it makes him vent his anxiety on minor issues while waving away the major ones, because what's the point? We're all going to die anyway.

As a writer he belongs in the carnivalesque tradition. The grotesque, disharmony, deformity, crime, ugliness, alienation - it's so rare in pop music that people pick up the vibe, get disturbed by it & assume it's because he's evil.

Yeah f*** them all, including my parents. Or, it's common sense and government policy.

And there are huge numbers of scientists including the WHO who are saying the government policy is wrong. Football clubs and many artists are cancelling off their own back. There is a letter written by a large number of top scientists sent to the government asking for stricter controls to be implemented. Look at Italy, the medical staff there who are losing hundreds of lives say this is because Italy lost time by being too complacent.

There are young people who have become ill and recovered who have showing signs of serious lung deep scarring and fibrosis that may never repair leaving them with reduced lung capacity. Isolating the old won't help with that.

There are also cases coming from Japan and China were people who caught it, and recovered and have since been re infected so this virus isn't behaving like usual immunity examples.

It isn't common sense in the middle of a major health emergency to congregate with thousands of people, many of who may be infected. It is bizarre that people are saying this is common sense. It isn't.

I would have been sick with terror trying to flog tickets to a West End show in one of the smaller theatres with 3 posters, a day of social media ads, a lead actor who had been monstered in the press & social media & a few weeks from announcement to opening, nevermind an arena.

If this is him at his lowest ebb, he is indestructible.

They have been pushing that gig heavily. Massive email campaigns by ticket agencies and SSE. I've had many personally from many angles.

Again, not true. I know of lots of gigs and nightclub nights that canceled their nights. All football was canceled and many theatres in london closed. If you are going to make up your facts to suit your conscience at least do some research first. I am an event promoter and we canceled 22 events over the weekend.

No theatres in London were shut on Saturday.

The Old Vic & the Arcola will shut tomorrow. Some up & coming shows have been postponed, with their current shows still open.

They're waiting for government advice (& financial assistance).

Anyone know the name of the Patti Smith song that was played before the gig last night?

I see my online stalker has come out of hibernation. Sounds like he’s calmed down a little after spending a week sobbing like a little baby because Steve punished him good and proper in Leeds with a piss poor set list.
I’d like to make my apologies for the monster I have created on here with this character, he’s harmless but I fear he’s going to make a habit of smashing his tiny walnut brain to bits in his attempts to get my attention on these threads. You’ll know him if you come across him [rolls eyes] because in his tiny head he formed a group called The M D F or something and appointed himself as the leader of the gang to police the Morrissey solo boards :crazy:.
Anyway enough of this attention seeker. I’ve apologised for his creation I can do no more about it apart from ignore and chuckle on the sidelines.
Keep washing those hands and God save the Queen.

Benny X

??:knife:

Back
Top Bottom