Morrissey Central: The Secret Of Music - 9th April, 2018

With great relief, some pride and joy, I express my sincere thanks to you for our recent UK/Mexico tour - which, impossibly, perhaps, seemed like our best yet. I felt mesmerized by the audience at Alexandra Palace, and overwhelmed by the audiences at Birmingham and Glasgow. That compressed image, to the very last glimpse, is in the mind forever. It’s a joy that even happiness might become confused by. So, thank you - in the most plain language, for your support and loyalty, both of which could never be questioned.

I am sorry that our art-hounds at The Independent and The Guardian were so hateful about the tour, but as we now know, hatred is their income. They do not care and they have no taste. Rather than suffer the ordeal of insanity, I would suggest that you never again buy or log onto these ‘hoax news’ outlets: they will die quickly without you.

Enormous thanks to Radio 2 for adding Jacky’s only happy when she’s up on the stage to their playlist this week! This is as our My love, I’d do anything for you single spends its second week at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart. We are immensely proud.

It’s difficult to pull the best from the greatest, but our recent dates were most stylishly celebratory at:

1.LONDON Palladium (10 March)

2.MEXICO CITY (17 March)

3.LONDON Alexandra Palace (9 March)

4.GLASGOW SSE Hydro Arena (17 Feb)

5.NEWCASTLE Metro Arena (23 Feb)

6.LEEDS First Direct Arena (24 Feb)

7.BIRMINGHAM Genting Arena (27 Feb)

8.LONDON Brixton Academy (1 March)

9.ABERDEEN GE Arena (16 Feb)

10.LONDON Royal Albert Hall (7 March)

11.BRIGHTON Center (3 March)

12.DUBLIN 3arena (20 Feb)

Thanks to all venues for being 100% vegan: it’s great to eat and to save lives at the same time. Meanwhile, The Great Conor McGregor’s new TV commercial for Burger King looks like something out of the last century - marooned in the past.

We plan a release for our Back on the chain gang single for August - if the wind remains at our backs and in our sails. If you find yourself at a loose end until then, please read Douglas Murray’s The strange death of Europe.

I believe the unquestionably qualified writer J Rogan is researching yet another book of Morrissey Gossip. He simply hasn’t made enough money from the Smiths/Morrissey; he hasn’t yet extracted enough blood; he hasn’t yet caused enough propulsive sorrow; he hasn’t yet wafted a dead body downriver; he hasn’t yet been congratulated for his inexhaustibly mundane enterprise of gossip; he cannot write and move on, and should you bear a barbaric grudge he shall shortly ring your doorbell in the name of thumbscrew research.

For me, now, life is enough, and your support elevates me all over again. I can only continue expressing my thanks to you for all that you do, and I brim with pride to think that we’re all still here.

Incontestably yours

MORRISSEY

9 April 2018.

Image-1.png

http://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-secret-of-music

Link first shared here:

20180409_135715.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
It seemed more to me like Morrissey has set up a martial arts club and these kids are on an induction. Your reading is probably just as valid, but it should be kept in mind that all these Photoshop images are basically artless pixel-wastage. Looking for a meaning beyond the juxtaposition between some black people and Morrissey's name is a fool's errand.

Yeah they seem a little forced. Like trying to create instant iconic images, which is bizarre bc he’s accumulated a lot of natural iconic images like that protesting chick in the Smiths shirt etc.

I'm not understanding how this web site has the right to copy Morrissey's entire post from Morrissey Central and paste it over here. The full text and photo.
You should only quote an excerpt and then link to his site. Unless he gave you permission, what you did was steal his blog post. Tsk tsk

Welcome to the internet, baby.

Nationalism is a cancer. It brings nothing good to any discussion. It's on par with religion in terms of the damage it has caused throughout history. It's cultural thumb-sucking.

Nobody's losing their culture, but cultures inevitably change. Get over it.

You could end immigration tomorrow, and there's already enough diversity to make the future look very different than it does now, but that's the way it was supposed to be. Romanticizing a culture that never really existed is an egotistical illusion that the culturally paranoid have gone through throughout history.

Future generations will be the ones to decide what the state of the world looks like, not the ones on their way out. They will cope with it much better than you did, and there's nothing you can do about that.

Morrissey has done nothing but trash British culture throughout his career, and considering that he's second generation Irish, and the prejudice that likely brought with it, his inability to grasp the concept of empathy outside of his bourgeois, sentimental pose on animal rights, is remarkable.

He hates people, so it's much easier for him to divide them up, and panic when they don't comport to his world view.

He's a bully at a distance, and he's always been.

On a side-note, I've grown nauseated by his overwrought prose. It's pretentious.

He hates people
... and that is because people hate each other. Forget the Muslims. Just look at Europeans. Even they are divided. Westerners treat Eastern Europeans like shit.

Yeah, I'm with you, it was better when it was the local population that had a free run, when Savile was getting a free run, when being gay was illegal, when the Tories f***ed us daily - oh wait that one is still happening, when the people at the top f***ed us and our media focused on other things to focus our minds on - oh wait, but I have to agree it was better when our local nonces had more of a free run. When our pop stars could nonce who they liked without question and grown men could pick up school kids and nobody would bat an eyelid. The good old days. I miss that culture.

You diverting bastard you say, but this was the culture that you're harking back to. Guess who raised standards? Us leftie bastards. We said you can't do that f***er. You said, shut up feminists, we should be allowed to goose and shout at who we like. No, no! And so it will be in the future. The fight is never over. Just some of us concentrate on the crime.

Keeping bringing in more Muslims than you can assimilate and eventually being gay will be illegal again.

It seemed more to me like Morrissey has set up a martial arts club and these kids are on an induction. Your reading is probably just as valid, but it should be kept in mind that all these Photoshop images are basically artless pixel-wastage. Looking for a meaning beyond the juxtaposition between some black people and Morrissey's name is a fool's errand.
A black panther youth movement.

Trying to hook up with Jada Pinkett Smith but ending up with Yoda.

giphy.gif

I'm not understanding how this web site has the right to copy Morrissey's entire post from Morrissey Central and paste it over here. The full text and photo.
You should only quote an excerpt and then link to his site. Unless he gave you permission, what you did was steal his blog post. Tsk tsk

I'm not understanding how he can let his nephew Gary Barlow put his name to other people's work on Morrissey Central or use other people's photos to put shitty little slogans

Yay. Thank you, Moz. Liberal Europe deserves what it gets. Multiculturalism and liberalism is a contradiction (it’s like saying “separate but equal”). You’re all so f***ing stupid and I love Moz more than ever.

Glad you’re all shitting your pants over what has been so obvious, so intelligent and rational - all while Europe goes to absolute shit. What’s next? Penis control?

Yay. Thank you, Moz. Liberal Europe deserves what it gets. Multiculturalism and liberalism is a contradiction (it’s like saying “separate but equal”). You’re all so f***ing stupid and I love Moz more than ever.

Glad you’re all shitting your pants over what has been so obvious, so intelligent and rational - all while Europe goes to absolute shit. What’s next? Penis control?
That would be over in a hurry!

Nobody's losing their culture, but cultures inevitably change. Get over it.

Yeah, cultures change. This can be a natural process from generation to generation, preserving and building upon the good and gradually evolving past the bad. Influences from outside, like immigrants who assimilate into the culture while enriching it, help make it a dynamic culture changing for the better.

It can also be an unnatural process where elites decide by decree from above to bring large numbers from a radically different and hostile culture in a short period of time, reaping division and aggressively displacing the culture.

Large percentages of the imported and rapidly reproducing population don't give a damn about England's rich cultural history. That's not why many of them came. You can hear from their own mouths stating they despise the culture around them.

They're not the immigrant members of Echobelly who threw themselves into the Britpop scene with enthusiasm, and when Morrissey heard his influence in their music he was so delighted he showed up on their doorstep to fawn. https://themildmanneredarmy.com/2017/09/20/i-cant-imagine-the-world-without/
The Manchester arena bomber was never going to embrace and enrich the culture. No, he wasn't raised that way. He spent his time traveling to Libya and Syria to meet with jihadists, plotting to blow up concertgoers, while the government looked the other way, more focused on arresting anyone who said something they could label "Islamophobic". And so the bomber, aided by a government that ignored every flag, attacked everything Morrissey loved and did so in Morrissey's home town. And then Morrissey gets attacked because he found that horrific and unacceptable and thinks the government is not serving the interests of the people.

Yeah, cultures change. This can be a natural process from generation to generation, preserving and building upon the good and gradually evolving past the bad. Influences from outside, like immigrants who assimilate into the culture while enriching it, help make it a dynamic culture changing for the better.

It can also be an unnatural process where elites decide by decree from above to bring large numbers from a radically different and hostile culture in a short period of time, reaping division and aggressively displacing the culture.

Large percentages of the imported and rapidly reproducing population don't give a damn about England's rich cultural history. That's not why many of them came. You can hear from their own mouths stating they despise the culture around them.

They're not the immigrant members of Echobelly who threw themselves into the Britpop scene with enthusiasm, and when Morrissey heard his influence in their music he was so delighted he showed up on their doorstep to fawn. https://themildmanneredarmy.com/2017/09/20/i-cant-imagine-the-world-without/
The Manchester arena bomber was never going to embrace and enrich the culture. No, he wasn't raised that way. He spent his time traveling to Libya and Syria to meet with jihadists, plotting to blow up concertgoers, while the government looked the other way, more focused on arresting anyone who said something they could label "Islamophobic". And so the bomber, aided by a government that ignored every flag, attacked everything Morrissey loved in Morrissey's home town. And then Morrissey gets attacked because he found that horrific and unacceptable and thinks the government is not serving the interests of the people.
The new football hooligans that never went to football, yes islam has a sub culture too for young men with no meaning in life.

Ladies and gentlemen - our new member 669 - who piled in on a white charger just today to defend the indefensible, is a fine example of one espousing the position described on the very first page here :

"Think Daily Mail columnist Katie Hopkins, but with longer words, and for people who wouldn’t be seen dead on an English Defence League march – although one of the more ridiculous contentions in this book by the journalist Douglas Murray is that the EDL are actually terribly misunderstood chaps, who have a point, and aren’t really to blame for the way their rallies regularly end in violence.""

A racist in a suit is still a racist.

I just re-read this statement, imagining Donald Trump speaking.

There is an eerie similarity....

Seems Morrissey throws the towel, can't imagine that no more dates will be added, or they won't pay what he asks. I would think, hey summer, let's do some festivals, but nothing about the future, only the chain gang .

Brexit Morrissey:tears:

Back
Top Bottom