Morrissey on Minogue

I am not intending to incline that Morrissey is fake - but the "loving nature" you talk about is, at least as a fan, merely an illusion
To me a saint doesn't have to be perfect. If a third of their work, is done to promote the right to love, then, as long as they don't taint that work too much with their cynicism, or posturing, then they are still saints in my book. Kylie could turn into a sourpuss tomorrow and I'd still think of her as a saint because of the passion and purposeful expression of love she has done that I witnessed. I'm dead certain it wasn't imagined, as certain as I am that at least a third of Morrissey's songs are expressions of love.

He seems more prone to being judgemental than Kylie, but Kylie seems more prone to being insulated than Morrissey. They should get together to balance each other out. She could calm his nerves, and he could challenge her to look into social causes.

My swipe at your humanity was just the other side of the coin of me being told often that I'm too sensitive by just about everyone. I tend to hit back with the accusation that others are too unfeeling, which is usually true.

Morrissey can be, as he has proved on several occasions, an extremely unpleasant person.

'extremely unpleasant person'.
mmm perhaps a tad strong Amy, i'm sure the same was said about Peter Sutcliffe or Hitler at some point.
I'd certainly say a difficult character and obviously pigheaded, a few ppl i've spoked to in the past who've met him said he was nothing but a gentleman...so who knows.
cheers!

Why yes. I am.
I just watched this clip of what he said and I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not either. I do know that he is being sarcastic when he says to the audience that he's sure they'd agree that her award was much deserved, but maybe he did mean that she deserves it. Of course no one would agree but you, but, it's not a surprise. Guess we're not right in the head. Maybe Morrissey is not right too, and actually meant what he said about her. Maybe they are secretly lovers and that's ...well, nah I doubt it. He'd be slimming down fast if he was servicing her. LOL Or, being serviced by her. Some reciprocation..uh oh, I know I just am pissing some people off to suggest, Morrissey, and Kylie...:}
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTF_y-0MVII

I've followed Morrissey for a very, very long time. Since the very beginning in fact. He is now an irrelevant bore. He has nothing to say so he spits his bile in all directions instead, treating his staff like slaves, his fans with contempt and his fellow entertainers as Aunt Sally's for his self styled Wildeian "wit". His act is tired, his music an increasingly derivative ego trip which leaves unpaid bills in his wake, The glory of YATQ gave way to the cliched drivel of ROTT and it's been downhill since. Rotten Greatest Hits packages, singles with tracks you can't buy so have to "appropriate", half-shows and no-shows. He has lost the plot.

I saw Leonard Cohen at Glastonbury the other week. The contrast with Morrissey v.08 could not have been more stark. Where Morrissey appears bitter and hateful, Cohen was charming and warm, and the crowd loved him for it. Perhaps a couple of years in a monastery would do Morrissey some good too.

What was a glorious talent is now spent. Morrissey will die a Quentin Crisp for the 21st Century, but without an ounce of the grace and charm of that man. If I saw him walking towards me I'd avoid him. He has become a loathesome, petulant sociopath. I take no pleasure in writing that. It makes me very sad, in fact. As Ian Dury once said "what a waste..."

To me a saint doesn't have to be perfect. If a third of their work, is done to promote the right to love, then, as long as they don't taint that work too much with their cynicism, or posturing, then they are still saints in my book. Kylie could turn into a sourpuss tomorrow and I'd still think of her as a saint because of the passion and purposeful expression of love she has done that I witnessed. I'm dead certain it wasn't imagined, as certain as I am that at least a third of Morrissey's songs are expressions of love.

He seems more prone to being judgemental than Kylie, but Kylie seems more prone to being insulated than Morrissey. They should get together to balance each other out. She could calm his nerves, and he could challenge her to look into social causes.

My swipe at your humanity was just the other side of the coin of me being told often that I'm too sensitive by just about everyone. I tend to hit back with the accusation that others are too unfeeling, which is usually true.

"Promote the right to love"? Doesn't *everyone* do that? Is it not a basic human right?

'extremely unpleasant person'.
mmm perhaps a tad strong Amy, i'm sure the same was said about Peter Sutcliffe or Hitler at some point.
I'd certainly say a difficult character and obviously pigheaded, a few ppl i've spoked to in the past who've met him said he was nothing but a gentleman...so who knows.
cheers!

I said "extremely unpleasant person", not "evil, criminally-insane psychopath", how on Earth can you compare them :rolleyes:.

I've followed Morrissey for a very, very long time. Since the very beginning in fact. He is now an irrelevant bore. He has nothing to say so he spits his bile in all directions instead, treating his staff like slaves, his fans with contempt and his fellow entertainers as Aunt Sally's for his self styled Wildeian "wit". His act is tired, his music an increasingly derivative ego trip which leaves unpaid bills in his wake, The glory of YATQ gave way to the cliched drivel of ROTT and it's been downhill since. Rotten Greatest Hits packages, singles with tracks you can't buy so have to "appropriate", half-shows and no-shows. He has lost the plot.

I saw Leonard Cohen at Glastonbury the other week. The contrast with Morrissey v.08 could not have been more stark. Where Morrissey appears bitter and hateful, Cohen was charming and warm, and the crowd loved him for it. Perhaps a couple of years in a monastery would do Morrissey some good too.

What was a glorious talent is now spent. Morrissey will die a Quentin Crisp for the 21st Century, but without an ounce of the grace and charm of that man. If I saw him walking towards me I'd avoid him. He has become a loathesome, petulant sociopath. I take no pleasure in writing that. It makes me very sad, in fact. As Ian Dury once said "what a waste..."

So you'll be leaving Solo, then?

"Promote the right to love"? Doesn't *everyone* do that? Is it not a basic human right?
Not in my life. It's all about performing the duties of whatever role one is expected to fill that any right has been open for...impossible roles.

The first time I heard Morrissey, the air was full of smoke and the breath of drunkards who treated anyone they could as a piece of furniture and Morrissey's voice, singing Seasick Yet Still Docked sifted through that air and it was very saintly, like a crack in a prison wall. The sensitivity in that voice was something that no man or woman I knew would dare let live in their own voice. It was just brutish and Morrissey was like an ephemeral creature I had trouble believing existed. I assumed he was a singer from a bygone era, and was extremely surprised to find out he was a contemporary artist. I heard 'love' songs but nothing so sensitive as Morrissey's voice could convey.

Years later, Kylie's lalala song comes out and, the same sensitivity was there, despite the label, of tart.

Kylie's getting some great exposure here on MORRISSEY solo :p

I said "extremely unpleasant person", not "evil, criminally-insane psychopath", how on Earth can you compare them :rolleyes:.

Ha Amy i wasn't serious in the comparisons, just my point is everyone has sides..often these feed the artist. You seem a bit down on Moz...fair play, he's certainly testing at times.

Kylie's getting some great exposure here on MORRISSEY solo :p
He won't rest, 'till her mouth is shut, good and proper, forever...he's done it now. When he slams, down the hammer, can he feel it in his heart, can he delve so-low. All of the rumours, keeping her grounded, she never said, she never said, they were completely unfounded.

Ha Amy i wasn't serious in the comparisons, just my point is everyone has sides..often these feed the artist. You seem a bit down on Moz...fair play, he's certainly testing at times.

He can be testing yeah, but usually it doesn't bother me too much. I normally like that about him, his confrontational side, but the sheer sycophantic (bordering on delusional) attitude of some of the fans on this site just irritates me; they will jump down your throat if you say anything even slightly negative about the man, even when he is clearly being a prick :rolleyes:. I think I need a good night's sleep :p. Sorry if I was a bit snappy with you.

Something’s been bothering me. When I first heard Morrissey make the comment live about Kylie Minogue, I thought he was genuinely acknowledging her contribution to music. Perhaps I’m naive to his humor, but it completely flew over my head that he was being sarcastic. Then I read the Ashkenazi article which confirmed that he was being sort of a dick to mock her in front of thousands. Can you imagine how that made her feel? Keep in mind this is coming from a person who couldn't name a Minogue song if asked to under severe torture, but my point is:

Why does Morrissey even give a shit who gets an award and for why? I’m totally stumped.
Probably like most men, he's girly-phobic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Bp4aU8j7c&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PrABXiAkjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfkp0JdPdk&feature=related

Something’s been bothering me. When I first heard Morrissey make the comment live about Kylie Minogue, I thought he was genuinely acknowledging her contribution to music. Perhaps I’m naive to his humor, but it completely flew over my head that he was being sarcastic. Then I read the Ashkenazi article which confirmed that he was being sort of a dick to mock her in front of thousands. Can you imagine how that made her feel? Keep in mind this is coming from a person who couldn't name a Minogue song if asked to under severe torture, but my point is:

Why does Morrissey even give a shit who gets an award and for why? I’m totally stumped.
Listen, the thing is and I am Australian and besides the point doesn't matter where Kylie Minogue comes from the sort of crap that she plays and
expects people to consider as being real music, and all her pretentious
ways is the absolute antithesis of what a real artist should be, as far
as I am concerned. And I don't believe she deserves anything more than a dressing down for her trampy little presentations. Oh, boo hoo, I am so sorry. Just because she had cancer. Well, pardon me. If a totally boring megastar has cancer doesn't mean we should all jump up and give her a red carpet and lick her!?!?
Sorry, but yet another totally mindless Australian icon for me to be embarassed about.......

What is extremely questionnable, is that Kylie Minogue has been made "Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres !!!" :eek: in France on the 5th of may. That is utterly ridiculous, as she did nothing for French culture, except singing a stupid song whose title was french: "Je ne sais pas pourquoi".
The speech by "La ministre de la Culture" was laughable and made a lot of people chuckle:
http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/instantanes/femmedujour/324699.FR.php
"Princesse de la pop, reine incontestée des pistes de danse, vous êtes une sorte de Midas de la scène musicale internationale, qui transforme tout ce qu'elle touche en or, des disques jusqu'aux micro-shorts":sick:, en quelque sorte, une alchimiste de la musique", a déclaré la ministre à Kylie Minogue, Christine Albanel. Christine Albanel salue le courage dont elle a fait preuve «en révélant publiquement que vous étiez atteinte d’un cancer du sein».
Translation:
"Princess of pop music, undisputed queen of the dance-floors, you are a kind of Midas of the international musical scene, who transforms everything she touches into gold, from records to mini-shorts, in some way, an alchemist of music, the Minister of Culture said.:clap:
Christine Albanel honours the courage she has shown "by revealing publicly that you were suffering from breast cancer.":clap::clap::clap:

I am now trying to imagine what she could say about Morrissey::D
"Prince of rock music, undisputed king of the biggest concert halls, you are a kind of universal genius, who champions English culture, from Doc Martens to Oscar Wilde, and French culture too, from Sacha Distel to Claude Brasseur. I honour the courage you have shown "by revealing publicly that you were suffering from depression".:cool:

Tags
austratastic!
Back
Top Bottom