NBA star Kevin Durant arrives in India wearing a Morrissey "Boxers" shirt

The usual scattered and meaningless pop cultural appropriation a la Urban Outfitters t-shirt rack or an actual fan?

He did go to college in Austin and lives in SF now. I wonder.

40446_40444_Screenshot_20170728-081420.jpg

Kill Uncle Fan writes:

Kevin Durant arrives in India wearing a Morrissey Boxers Shirt

I had ESPN on tonight and just happened to glance up at the screen and saw the NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant wearing a Morrissey Boxers shirt as he arrived in India.

40445_kevin_durant.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 27:

Posted by CaffeineBloodstream:

For whatever it's worth, Kevin Durant explained in the Bill Simmons podcast. When asked by a listener, he said he wasn't into Morrissey but liked the t-shirt.

skip to 26:30:
https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...752/kevin-durant-iv-ask-kevin-anything-part-1

Last edited by a moderator:
reading this thread, discovering from the in the know minds here that morrissey shirts are 'cool' (and i will say the guy in the picture does look cool in his), i thought to myself--first-- "i need a morrissey shirt too!"--and then-- "but ONLY if they're cool". so i decided to do a google search with the words 'morrissey shirt' to see if i could find some pictorial evidence of females looking cool in them, because thus far i've only seen males in them. i think. well, anyway, among many pictures confirming the coolness of morrissey shirts, i found this, which i found distasteful enough to share. the dumb bitch is wearing a morrissey shirt (that ill admit im a lil covetous of) and going on about why she's "crushing over it" (do people outside of hyper celebrity news shows actually talk like this?) at the same time as wearing a shearling jacket. i dont know, man, that aint right.

http://fashionrocks-vogue.blogspot.ca/2015/03/what-im-wearing-je-suis-morrissey.html
stupid bitch, give me your shirt

reading this thread, discovering from the in the know minds here that morrissey shirts are 'cool' (and i will say the guy in the picture does look cool in his), i thought to myself--first-- "i need a morrissey shirt too!"--and then-- "but ONLY if they're cool". so i decided to do a google search with the words 'morrissey shirt' to see if i could find some pictorial evidence of females looking cool in them, because thus far i've only seen males in them. i think. well, anyway, among many pictures confirming the coolness of morrissey shirts, i found this, which i found distasteful enough to share. the dumb bitch is wearing a morrissey shirt (that ill admit im a lil covetous of) and going on about why she's "crushing over it" (do people outside of hyper celebrity news shows actually talk like this?) at the same time as wearing a shearling jacket. i dont know, man, that aint right.

http://fashionrocks-vogue.blogspot.ca/2015/03/what-im-wearing-je-suis-morrissey.html
stupid bitch, give me your shirt

Haha made me LOL

Love your anger at this and share it too cause people have weird ways of expressing things these days.

It safe to say that he is not a Morrissey fan due to all the obvious stereo-type reasons. Somebody should ask him the question and put this to rest. Is he on twitter, can the question be asked.

Wow @ the extreme ignorance in this post. Yes, there is a decent chance he isn't a fan and his stylist gave him this shirt. But shame on all the people assuming he doesn't even know who Morrissey is because he's black and a basketball player. Last month, I was wearing my Queen is Dead shirt at a restaurant and the cashier, who happened to be black, complimented me on the shirt and said how much he loves Johnny Marr and that his favorite albums are Meat is Murder and Louder than Bombs.

Wow @ the extreme ignorance in this post. Yes, there is a decent chance he isn't a fan and his stylist gave him this shirt. But shame on all the people assuming he doesn't even know who Morrissey is because he's black and a basketball player. Last month, I was wearing my Queen is Dead shirt at a restaurant and the cashier, who happened to be black, complimented me on the shirt and said how much he loves Johnny Marr and that his favorite albums are Meat is Murder and Louder than Bombs.

Wow, I like your post! :thumb:

" But shame on all the people assuming he doesn't even know who Morrissey is because he's black and a basketball player."

Yes, remember the fuss about the Alec Baldwin T-shirt?
Just assuming Kevin Durant doesn't know anything about the name on his shirt because he is black and a basketball icon seems as racist to me.

Even when his musical taste is that you don't expect him to like Morrissey, he could still appreciate him for other reasons.
And why can't he wear anything that he thinks is cool?
He can and he does !
It's a big f*** you sign to all the racists.:thumb:

Point well said. We should never make assumptions about people.

Wow, I like your post! :thumb:

" But shame on all the people assuming he doesn't even know who Morrissey is because he's black and a basketball player."

Yes, remember the fuss about the Alec Baldwin T-shirt?
Just assuming Kevin Durant doesn't know anything about the name on his shirt because he is black and a basketball icon seems as racist to me.

Even when his musical taste is that you don't expect him to like Morrissey, he could still appreciate him for other reasons.
And why can't he wear anything that he thinks is cool?
He can and he does !
It's a big f*** you sign to all the racists.:thumb:

I know what you mean Quando, but it's not about racism because human races don't exist. We are all the same f***ing human animals with individual personalities. It's all about stupidity, ignorance and subjection to unwritten rules which act like invisible fences in our brains. Who, when and where have been dictated the rules establishing that if someone is a fan of a musical genre that same person can not like or be a fan of another one. All those prejudiced conventions that avoid people enjoy good music because "it is supposed" if you belong to a cultural group you should like or not like a given musical genre. Pure bulshit. You don't need to be a fifty something British male to be a fan of The Smiths and Morrissey. In fact, most fans have a different age and background. Those arbitrary classifications of fans were made by music industry for market reasons, but in real life people have individual tastes and own their own souls and brains. That's the minimal freedom this authoritarian society still allows us. You can like bachata and Morrissey and nobody is entitled to doubt about it.

I know what you mean Quando, but it's not about racism because human races don't exist. We are all the same f***ing human animals with individual personalities. It's all about stupidity, ignorance and subjection to unwritten rules which act like invisible fences in our brains. Who, when and where have been dictated the rules establishing that if someone is a fan of a musical genre that same person can not like or be a fan of another one. All those prejudiced conventions that avoid people enjoy good music because "it is supposed" if you belong to a cultural group you should like or not like a given musical genre. Pure bulshit. You don't need to be a fifty something British male to be a fan of The Smiths and Morrissey. In fact, most fans have a different age and background. Those arbitrary classifications of fans were made by music industry for market reasons, but in real life people have individual tastes and own their own souls and brains. That's the minimal freedom this authoritarian society still allows us. You can like bachata and Morrissey and nobody is entitled to doubt about it.

True.
But even if you would believe in different races it would be strange to accuse somebody of being racist for wearing a T-shirt with a photo of somebody with another skin colour.
Weather it is Moz or Kevin Durant.
In case of the latter it won't happen of course.
Only indirectly and in a suggestive manner.
With Moz the racist accusations were flying around like confetti.

if you wear a Boxers shirt wear one from that period, Period.

got a 1995 shirt I bought with all the Uk/Scottish dates, with Cornelius Carr, blue with yellow, still very thankfull for it , it was a bargain from someone whom I miss for some years on here, or he has nick I'm not aware of, thanks J.P. still have them all

if you wear a Boxers shirt wear one from that period, Period.

got a 1995 shirt I bought with all the Uk/Scottish dates, with Cornelius Carr, blue with yellow, still very thankfull for it , it was a bargain from someone whom I miss for some years on here, or he has nick I'm not aware of, thanks J.P. still have them all

But I do like the shirt Kevin Durant is wearing. I think it is beautiful and has very nice colours.

I also like the shirt with the Cornelius Carr photo.
There's something enigmatic and tragic too it.
Just like Moz was giving attention to an unsung heroe, forgotten, but not by Moz. :thumb:

True.
But even if you would believe in different races it would be strange to accuse somebody of being racist for wearing a T-shirt with a photo of somebody with another skin colour.
Weather it is Moz or Kevin Durant.
In case of the latter it won't happen of course.
Only indirectly and in a suggestive manner.
With Moz the racist accusations were flying around like confetti.

If racism were a religion you could believe in it, but it's a classification of humans beings invented to justify the hate, pillage, exploitation and/or killing of other human beings based on a minimal number of external traits. No matter what you do or what you believe, you are doomed since the day of your birth. So minimal and irrelevant are those traits compared to the overall number that define all of us as a species and each one of as as individual beings, that they don't deserve to be taken in consideration.
I understand what you mean, but you are making that judgement -with the best of intentions- under your perception of the world. Since the world is not what you see but what you perceive, we must understand that a huge part of people don't perceive the same classification of human beings than others. Sadly, US American and European culture, as good as they are in some areas, has exported to the rest of the world that lame classification of human beings based on external traits. It's even more sad that discrimination has been returned with reverse discrimination. It's necessary a lot of smart people to stop the vicious circle of hate.

Reckon this American basket ball chap will be rooting for McGregor. I reckon John Maher wants to play with this lad in his backyard basketball court at his home in Portland, Oregon. Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy vs John Maher and Durant. The severed alliance. Uncle Steve can wear his LA Laker jersey!

Last edited:
Reckon this geezer is some big cheese netball star over the pond.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Most people these days can barely listen to one song from start to finish. I was watching Dunkirk in a luxury screen in the cinema last night and three young guys came in late, talked through half the film, and checked their phones at length for minutes at a time. Eventually I had to change seat. Modern life is rubbish and is becoming a bit of a blur. Why people pay good money for expensive cinema seats (or concert tickets for that matter) only to be 10% mentally present is beyond my understanding.
they were probably there to see harry styles.

But I do like the shirt Kevin Durant is wearing. I think it is beautiful and has very nice colours.

I also like the shirt with the Cornelius Carr photo.
There's something enigmatic and tragic too it.
Just like Moz was giving attention to an unsung heroe, forgotten, but not by Moz. :thumb:

it's a wonderfull T shirt , and surely that a NBA star is wearing it, wonder if Kevin Durant really has Morrissey or Smiths CD's , maybe we'll be suprised.

Have a great saturday evening and sunday morning sir Quando.

Last edited:
I think it's cool that KD wore a Moz shirt, especially on such a big day with so many widely seen photos. I'm sure some people, who saw the pic, googled to see who he was and maybe checked out some tunes. I've gotten into many bands in random ways.

He may or may nit be a fan...could go either way. It would be cool to know if he is. But I want to give KD enough credit that he knows who Moz is at least and thinks he's cool or he wouldn't have worn it that day.

Back
Top Bottom