Paris Jackson quoted Smiths' Panic lyrics 2 days before suicide attempt

I'd wager the fact that she's had enough probably has far more to do with nobbers in the media hounding her than any song she's listened to. She's a kid, leave her alone.

I saw her twitter post and knew it was The Smiths. I was impressed that she knew the song. @mpk500

Well, it always call my attention when somebody so young attempts suicide. When the Person is Paris Jackson, daughter of Michael Jackson even more. But I was surprised That she quoted Smiths lyrics two days before the suicide attempt. Not that is related in some way, but it can be also. The quote was: "burn down the disco / hang the blessed DJ / because the music they constantly play / it says nothing to me about my life".

Well, sorry for her and hope she changes her mind about it...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>burn down the disco hang the blessed dj because the music that they constantly play it says nothing to me about my life</p>&mdash; Paris Jacksoη (@ParisJackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/ParisJackson/status/341565451240865794">June 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The tweet was also posted earlier by dandysweets in the Strange/unexpected Moz references thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole Jackson family are f***ed up. The parents to Latoya to Paris! Here are lyrics for the family...

I'm the end of the line
The end of the family line
The end of the line

It shows that Morrissey's music still helps people get thru hard times and will for years to come. I wish her well.

Thankfully it was an attempt and not a success...otherwise we'd be hearing some very nasty stuff from the media concerning our man/band. Think back to Ozzy and the song "Suicide Solution" back in the 80s. Hopefully she can get the help and PEACE she needs.

Thankfully it was an attempt and not a success...otherwise we'd be hearing some very nasty stuff from the media concerning our man/band. Think back to Ozzy and the song "Suicide Solution" back in the 80s. Hopefully she can get the help and PEACE she needs.

Never mind.

Last edited:

Not sure if any of this post made any sense 2 anyone soes ive deleted most of it!

Ps please be carefull if you live in the UK, we had a letter thru our door the other day saying it was from the TV liecencing authority or somthing, saying theres going 2 be a clampdown on unliscened premises!
So may be a good ides 2 make sure you know whos at the door before you answer! and if you see a fella at the door with a clipper board, turn ya TV off and hide behind the sofa untill he goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
f***ing fabulous tbh. It's a real shame about her all round but it's great to see the kids of today continuing The Smiths teen angst tradition, the cult teen movie Perks of Being a Wallflower will only help.

I wonder if her papi was a Moz fan, I'm almost certain he was in some way. Say what you will about him (and the more we learn about him the worse it gets) but he had some really downbeat material like "Stranger in Moscow".

f***ing fabulous tbh. It's a real shame about her all round but it's great to see the kids of today continuing The Smiths teen angst tradition, the cult teen movie Perks of Being a Wallflower will only help.

I wonder if her papi was a Moz fan, I'm almost certain he was in some way. Say what you will about him (and the more we learn about him the worse it gets) but he had some really downbeat material like "Stranger in Moscow".

Somebody exposed her to him. I'd bet a dollar Michael Jackson was a Moz fan.

I'd wager the fact that she's had enough probably has far more to do with nobbers in the media hounding her than any song she's listened to. She's a kid, leave her alone.
I agree with you. I wish the media would leave Paris Jackson alone she is just 15 years old. I find it strange that Paris Jackson should be into The Smiths.

It does worry me because some people think The Smiths music is depressing and could make people more depressed or even suicidal.

I don't think Michael Jackson was a fan of The Smiths or of Morrissey he never talked about them. I don't even know if Michael Jackon knew who The Smiths were?

Some people call Morrissey the "Michael Jackson of the indie rock world" which is strange.

I heard Michael Jackson liked The Editors (an English indie rock band) as they were 'label mates' on the Sony record label.

I love Michael Jackson and the Jackson family. It is very tragic Michael Jackson was murdered at just 50 years old. :tears: :tears: I'm sure $ONY and AEG Live are to do with his death.

I once noticed that the most users ever online on Morrissey-solo happened to be on 25th June 2009 the day that that Michael Jackson died. So I guess there must be quite a few Michael Jackson fans on Morrissey-solo!

Michael Jackson has had a big effect on this website without even knowing it or trying to!!

Maybe the lyrics: "burn down the disco / hang the blessed DJ / because the music they constantly play / it says nothing to me about my life" is a dig at Andy Rourke because he sucks as a DJ?? Probably not though.

I like disco music from the 1970s and Michael Jackson did too. I like roller discos too they are great fun and they remind me of the early 1980s.

Michael Jackson was not known for being an indie rock fan but I heard he liked this song "Munich" by The Editors:

Michael Jackson exposes Sony and Tommy Mottola:

Lisa Marie Presley's new husband Michael Lockwood (her 4th husband) reminds me a bit of Andy Rourke in looks but I think Michael Lockwood is thinner and taller than Andy Rourke. Poor Lisa Marie Presley I bet she really regrets leaving Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was much better looking, much nicer and much more talented than this Michael Lockwood dude! Michael Lockwood is a fan of The Beatles but does he also like Elvis? Lisa Marie Presley is friends with Marilyn Manson:

Lisa Marie Presley interview:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom