Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
As other very accurate people have already pointed out, one could infer from the photographer's insta post that Morrissey had recently been interviewed. But you could just as easily say that's not what she's writing. The statement is not related to the "here & now". The Central message only shows, that people there are anxious and would now also shoot at white rabbits. I was actually expecting something bigger: a press release, a trip to Canosa or the opening up of new, unimagined possibilities and not such small-minded reactions.
From the Insta post, I did not get the impression this interview is new. Maybe other people did, but she didn't say it, and it's definitely not a hoax. It's also not true he doesn't give interviews, he just gave one on American TV, and I didn't see a gun to his head.
How can he not know he did give that interview at some time, or is he just playing with words again? Whoever said this is like the Geoff Travis post a little while back is right.
I don't know who is so nervous over at Central or why, but I don't think it's SER.

Well, one doesn’t exclude the other.
Some good news can still be forthcoming soon.

It is a bit naive to expect Morrissey to stop with Central. That will never happen, we all know that.
A question of days, months, years? If the Central News Machine is supposed to sweeten the waiting time, then this chocolate tastes extremely bitter.

From the Insta post, I did not get the impression this interview is new. Maybe other people did, but she didn't say it, and it's definitely not a hoax. It's also not true he doesn't give interviews, he just gave one on American TV, and I didn't see a gun to his head.
How can he not know he did give that interview at some time, or is he just playing with words again? Whoever said this is like the Geoff Travis post a little while back is right.
I don't know who is so nervous over at Central or why, but I don't think it's SER.
Why doesn't the manager slap SER (if it was him) on the wrist. And of course Morrissey can still hide behind the irony shield. Same as it ever was.

Could just be a coincidence but M makes it a point to say he has not been in Portugal in a long time, while Boz seems to be moving back to England from Portugal, sort of hinting something bad or sad had happened.

This is hilarious :D ! And you lot wonder why "haters" stick around. This is gold! Next: Morrissey posts on Central saying "The Smiths is not performing at Brixton Academy, it's a hoax, and I have not been to Brixton in decades" - only to find out someone posted a flyer for a 1986 show :D....

Not to discredit anyone who thinks this is SER, but I just don't.
So who? Donnie or the master himself and then he talks about himself in the third form? My goodness, when will it finally be about outstanding lyrics, music, albums and singles again?
Is there an artistic life after "Notre-Dame"?

So who? Donnie or the master himself and then he talks about himself in the third form? My goodness, when will it finally be about outstanding lyrics, music, albums and singles again?
Is there an artistic life after "Notre-Dame"?
I do think it's Morrissey.
Notre Dame is his best song ever, HOW DARE YOU:swear

I think one of the things that is kind of sad here is how blind some of the super fans are. They harass 'the haters' for gossiping about and criticizing Morrissey, yet Morrissey says things publicly, or on his site, that can or does damage the reputation of professional people he has worked with, but somehow that is perfectly acceptable to the super fans.
This not a hoax
The Der Spiegel interview was not a lie
Michelle Jubelirer was not ruining his career
His album was not being held hostage
etc etc

hes dismissing the fact that they are calling it a new interview,ten years IS many years ago.
I agree but then why call it a hoax? A simple clarification would do. I don’t like the word ‘hoax’ in this context. It reminds me of a certain US presidential candidate whose name I would rather not mention.

hes dismissing the fact that they are calling it a new interview,ten years IS many years ago.
Blah blah blah. In reality, the man is senile. He doesn't remember doing the interview. Yet you defend him, excusing him on a technicality. See guys, it really isn't new per se! Look at you! Having Morrissey's back!! What a devoted fan!

Last edited:
Well, it just irks Morrissey that this photographer posts an old interview plus photos without stating it is an old interview.

There’s really nothing more to it. ‘Hoax’ is too much of a word, but then he likes hyperbole.
The irony is that Morrissey advertises his current tours with photographs of himself that are much older than 10 years...that or he just plasters Gilligan bowling for dollars on a poster.

Notice the quotation marks. And try to register what she actually says. She makes a lot of good points.

Back
Top Bottom