RIP Janice Long, died aged 66

Just that, really. 66 - too young.

full

Update 17:45, December 26, 2021:

Now a Central post with words from Morrissey:

It's bizarre to me that it's only on reading her obituary I realised that Keith Chegwin was her brother. Mind blown.

She resurrected Morrissey in ‘02, then killed it in ‘11 with Kid’s a Looker, et al. The two books ends at the first chapter of the second coming of Morrissey.
But beyond that she was a champion of the underdog. Bless her.

I only know of her through listening to the interviews obsessively back in the day. Unlike other interviewers, he was comfortable with her, she really brought out the best in him, always fun.

She resurrected Morrissey in ‘02, then killed it in ‘11 with Kid’s a Looker, et al. The two books ends at the first chapter of the second coming of Morrissey.
But beyond that she was a champion of the underdog. Bless her.
The 2011 session version of ‘Action Is My Middle Name’ is - for me anyway, at least - one of the last truly great post-Smiths recordings Morrissey did. It sounds fresher and less cluttered than the studio one. Thanks, Janice. ❤️✨

what was the criticism, if known?

The 2011 session version of ‘Action Is My Middle Name’ is - for me anyway, at least - one of the last truly great post-Smiths recordings Morrissey did. It sounds fresher and less cluttered than the studio one. Thanks, Janice. ❤️✨
I loved those tracks. But the backlash was fierce! Lots going on outside of the music back then, though.

It seems that she was important to him. I just hope he proves to us (the fans) that we are something to him.
We'll see if he sends a message for the new year to us his fans. And if that doesn't happen, it means forgetfulness, so sharp and capable of tearing hearts. At least my heart.......

It seems that she was important to him. I just hope he proves to us (the fans) that we are something to him.
We'll see if he sends a message for the new year to us his fans. And if that doesn't happen, it means forgetfulness, so sharp and capable of tearing hearts. At least my heart.......
Does it really mean that much if he makes a year-end statement or not? I'd much rather he release new music, more demos (either known or unknown songs) or something like that.

Does it really mean that much if he makes a year-end statement or not? I'd much rather he release new music, more demos (either known or unknown songs) or something like that.
I got tired of asking for Bonfire, even if it's a song. I don't understand anything about album releases, butMaybe without a record label he can't give us a song. But for me it's more important that Moz sends us a New Year's message or whatever. I want to see it, see how it is, if it is animated.When I see it I realize how it is Moz.La last time quelp vi I thought it was fine. It's that Moz is too important a person for me.........

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom