Santa Ana, CA - WWWY Festival (Apr. 8, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Let Me Kiss You / You Have Killed Me / Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provvided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey, AFI, Cage the Elephant thrill fans at When We Were Young fest (2 photos) - The Orange County Register. Link posted by an anonymous person
  • Photo from: @andrewgomezphoto / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39860_santa_ana_wwwy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setlist!
It could be improved though.
This is what I think could do well on this tour:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

A bit longer, yeah, but I don't think anyone would bother a 2 hour show, or would they? :blushing:

Nice representation of both Smiths and his solo career. If he was at all interested in doing shows with songs his fans wanted to hear it would look more like this. I don't think he's ever played a show longer than an hour and 30 mins (if even that long), has he?

was the Hollywood bowl dvd not twenty four songs which must have been over an hour and a half.

We are so lucky to have him, his voice is so incredible. Exhuasted from driving, but I am so glad I drove here, on to Tucson tomorrow. It just hit me last night how unique he is. First song. He does look a bit tired but so do I! Luff you Morrisseyea

'Be good to your Mothers...'

Judy:

FOTGTD:

All credit to the original posters on YT.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Nice setlist!

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

A bit longer, yeah, but I don't think anyone would bother a 2 hour show, or would they? :blushing:
Oh yes... And bring back Johnny, Andy, and Mike for all of those Smiths numbers. Surely they could learn the solo songs in a flash...

Reckon me not planning to go to this show and expecting a Morrissey "festival disaster" and then me realized I live in Moz Angeles not New Hampshire and he would never do that to his hometown fans, reckon anyway it would give me a chance to wear me "Be Kind to Morrissey" shirt that me bought for 40 squid just 5 months ago at the Irvine show that is still in the back of me OPEL.

Uncle Steve looked really tired from his sexcapades in Mexico and I am sure he had hell to pay from Aunt Nancy when he got home, but this didn't stop him from playing to all the groupies in front. He was really flirting with all the girls in front, but no bras thrown on stage. Saw lil' Sammy trying to look cool backstage and I am sure he was waiting for the leftovers and sloppy seconds after Uncle Steve was done. Box isn't plugged in and just strums his acoustic trying to keep mini sausage fingers Jesse from falling behind. More than a 2 hour show. No Meat, so no Meat vid thankfully. First of the Gang was played at a slow pace so all the Mexicans didn't go top mental when Uncle Steve said "Hector".

Nice representation of both Smiths and his solo career. If he was at all interested in doing shows with songs his fans wanted to hear it would look more like this. I don't think he's ever played a show longer than an hour and 30 mins (if even that long), has he?
Spot on. Moz could EASILY put together a killer concert with little effort needed. His choice of setlist is as basic as his diet. No wonder Johnny Marr got fed up eventually. I'm a long term fan and even I am starting to be bored by it all.

Spot on. Moz could EASILY put together a killer concert with little effort needed. His choice of setlist is as basic as his diet. No wonder Johnny Marr got fed up eventually. I'm a long term fan and even I am starting to be bored by it all.

Johnny plays the same 17 songs every single night. What's his excuse? Why does no one complain about that?

My question is how long this tour is gonna last? It's been running since 2014?!

Highlights:
1. Ripping off his shirt during Let Me Kiss You right at "you open your eyes, and find someone you physically despise."
2. Boz playing drums (sorry, I forget what song)
3. Matt playing a nice drum solo on the big drums (sorry, not sure what they're called and forget what song)
4. A different arrangement for First of the Gang (at least, not what I've heard before)

some preshow videos are the same, a couple changes

A review of his performance from ocregister

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/thrill-748906-cage-young.html

Says the guitarist from senses fail had a shirt and havok mentioned never thinking he'd be playing a show with morrissey. A pic of jade has already been posted wearing a shirt and I don't know if they meant him but I can't be bothered to look up something about senses fail. Apparently his show was pretty well received and went on for longer than the hour it was listed as. Mentions a lot of fans wearing morrissey merch so I guess he's still a draw here despite no forthcoming album or deal

Johnny plays the same 17 songs every single night. What's his excuse? Why does no one complain about that?

I don't know - does Johnny play the same set list on every tour? That's more along the lines of what we're talking about.

Nice setlist!

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

Wish I were there...

Some people have short memories. :)

Let's not forget that back in 1997 Morrissey was playing 14 songs a night in shows that lasted around 50 minutes.

I don't know - does Johnny play the same set list on every tour? That's more along the lines of what we're talking about.

It's not the same set list from Morrissey either though is it. Several changes from the show in Manchester last year, for example.

I like Everything on this Setlist... but I would like to see this... instead.

Encore 1 : Wonderful Woman & Tony The Pony
Encore 2: Swallow On My Neck & Break Up The Family

-Mozluv
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

A bit longer, yeah, but I don't think anyone would bother a 2 hour show, or would they? :blushing:[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have footage of the entirety of "I'm throwing my arms around Paris"?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom