I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - Jesse
What Kind Of People Live In these Houses? - Jesse
Knockabout World - Jesse
Darling, I Hug A Pillow - Mando
Once I Saw The River Clean - Jesse
The Truth About Ruth - Gustavo
The Secret Of Music - Mando
My Hurling Days Are Done - Jesse

Also Mike Daly mentioned as a composer on some of the tracks as well as keyboardist Roger Manning but no mention of Boz as a composer this time.

No Boz tracks, interesting. Given the 'competition' with Alain back in the day, I wonder if it bothers him.

Given Gustavo's talent and personality, do you think that Boz might enter M.-retirement?

Strange about lack of Boz, but I’ve enjoyed all of the songs written by Jesse on the last two albums. Often they have a great sense of drama.

What did you think of Brow of My Beloved (Boz composition)?

Last edited:
Songwriters for IANADOAC

Jim Jim Falls - Morrissey, Jesse Tobias & Michael Daly
Love Is On Its Way Out - Morrissey & Gustavo Manzur
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know? - Morrissey & Gustavo Manzur
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - Morrissey & Jesse Tobias
What Kind Of People Live In these Houses? - Morrissey & Jesse Tobias
Knockabout World - Morrissey, Jesse Tobias, Michael Daly & Roger Manning Jr
Darling, I Hug A Pillow - Morrissey & Mando Lopez
Once I Saw The River Clean - Morrissey, Jesse Tobias & Michael Daly
The Truth About Ruth - Morrissey & Gustavo Manzur
The Secret Of Music - Morrissey, Andrea Bulletti, Harold Spiro, Mando Lopez & Valerie Murtagh
My Hurling Days Are Done - Morrissey, Jesse Tobias & Michael Daly

Harold Spiro seems unlikely. He's been dead since the mid-1990s. But then there are Ouija boards, I'm told.

i hope mike daly can help bring lana del rey and morrissey together for a proper duet.

That would be a such a pile of wank. I'm sure you've got sound reasons to believe it would work. Unfortunately, she's no more than the connections of her upbringing welded to skillful marketing.

Strange about lack of Boz, but I’ve enjoyed all of the songs written by Jesse on the last two albums. Often they have a great sense of drama.

Agreed. Do you think that Jesse's approaches are a bit predictable? I'm thinking of the car-chase guitars mainly and what I can only call chug-rock given my limited musical background as an excessively tall person who played bass.

Morrissey desperately needs a new band ... a producer who knows how to edit a song ... a graphic artist ... and a record company that actually gives a shit.

I agree in part. I think that Chicarelli's approach does M. a lot of favors while covering up weaknesses. When it comes to the band, I'd like to see the more electronic and multi-instrumental approach balanced by a more talented guitarist. Credit due to Jesse for taking his foot off the distortion / feedback lately, but I want more than chug-rock.

Yet I am I. Hatred welcome. I know where I am :)

How's that? They wrote on Maladjusted, Quarry and YOR together also.

And Ringleader! If memory serves, the bassline from "Life Is A Pigsty" was a Day contribution within a Whyte co-write. As you say Whyte's future will only continue to be bright. The list of his co-writes from prominent artists in recent years can only impress, even if one rates them as middling: there's an impressive versatility and adaptability there that speaks to tremendous talent. Or possibly genius.

It's hard to imagine that any of the current band have a future beyond Morrissey. Matt Walker will probably find session work, but the rest? They're just unremarkable, they don't stand out.

Matt Walker has done quite well since his Garbage and Pumpkins time. Gustavo's talent is tremendous, especially as a match for M.'s range as a singer and his recent modes of expression. More than all members of the current band, plus Solomon Walker and Anthony Burlucich (sp?), Gustavo will last.

Matt Walker has done quite well since his Garbage and Pumpkins time. Gustavo's talent is tremendous, especially as a match for M.'s range as a singer and his recent modes of expression. More than all members of the current band, plus Solomon Walker and Anthony Burlucich (sp?), Gustavo will last.
Matt Walker has had a few side projects while working with Morrissey like The MDR so not only has he got a future he also has a prolific present while working with Morrissey.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom