Stavanger, Norway - Konserthus (Aug. 8, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by an anonymous person, NealCassidy.

• Photo from mozz.a / Instagram:

38925_stavanger.jpg

Last edited:
Please don't let this be the start of more Smiths material invading the setlist. The fact we started off with only the obligatory 'Meat is Murder' had me hopeful this was going to be a celebration of the solo career, rather than relying on those old Smith's standards.

Not viable as a permanent touring model for Morrissey as word would get out and punters who only go to tick The Smiths off their bucket list of gigs would stop going and promoters would stop booking. He's a heritage act, his own tribute act to The Smiths, that's all the entire near 30 yr Morrissey-Solo grindathon amounts to. If he could get Johnny Marr to reform The Smiths then he'd have an ecstatic sell out show on a Monday in Stavanger but not as 'Morrissey'. He just isn't that big a draw as a solo artist.

His lack of breath has nothing to do with his weight. He generally catches for breath these days. I think it's some medical issue.

Probably THE CANCER!

We've not heard about his latest test-scrape results, what's the story? Is he gonna croak? When?

So f***ing what if he puts on or loses weight. We all do. If he's fat and wants to take his shirt off on stage, go ahead. It's his gig. No one is forcing all you body-shaming, setlist-bashing tits to go.

Have you read his Autobiography wherein he regularly lambasts and body-shames obese people he encountered on his dizzy rise to C-list fame? As entropy drops his tits, he is getting the karmic justice he deserves. He could always get his arse into a gym and muscle up.

What is this? A post show thread or a f***ing Weight Watchers thread? Get a grip.

Morrissey constantly watches his weight; going up, up and away. Very funny to see his biology provide karmic payback for his mentality. He dissed 'fat' people, now he is one. Perfect outcome. He could always actually stick to a diet but I guess it's hard with all those freebie chocolates in 5* hotels.

One stageinvader during encore both in Bergen and Stavanger

Where are The List kamikazes? Maybe Norway's just too expensive for the usual suspects to show their devotion? It's a lovely place but it really is expensive, especially now for post-Brexit Brits. Not a problem for Swiss Franc Morrissey, of course. He'd never live in Norway would he? Taxi to escape the tax-man in no time, just like he scarpered from the UK & Ireland once he had to pay his whack.

He started the show in Stavanger by asking the crowd how they were doing. The cheers that followed were obviously not loud enough for Moz, as he sarcastically commented "That good, eh?" After Suedehead he again commented on the crowd response:"So it's going to be one of those nights..." At that point I genuinely feared that he would throw the toys out of the pram regularly throughout the evening, but thankfully he managed to give a reasonably professional performance, and even did a 2-song encore. We've all been at shows where he has not been able to hide his disgust at the insufficiency of the adulation coming his way. Maybe he was in a forgiving mood simply because he likes Norway.

There wasn't much banter, but he did hold a mini-speech about the evils of bullfighting. He also dedicated Scandinavia to the actors in his favourite norwegian movie, as others have mentioned in this thread.

The setlist could have been better, "All you need is me"is simply his worst song ever. Having said that,this is the first time I've seen him doing more than 20 songs. The highlight of the evening for me was definitely the What she said/Rubber ring medley.

The best, funniest shows are when M has a total Diva hissy fit strop about his 'fans' neglecting to maintain his fantasy that he's genuinely famous. I remember a gig in Sunderland in 08(?) when he got pissed off because folk were just sitting in a nice Victorian theatre enjoying watching his antics but not arsed about the perfunctory stage invasion. It was hilarious to watch him pout and sulk when his pleas for 'action' remained ignored. Quite a good show, otherwise, as I recall. Monday gigs are usually boring, what does he expect? Doesn't he realise people work? And he's not Muse or Madonna where folk take a week off to build up/wind down from the show no matter what day of the week it is. For those artists, their fans treat every show as Saturday night, but not Morrissey fans, they are more mundane and only go bonkers if they're pissed and loaded at the weekend. Part-time adoration must really rankle him. He *might* try scheduling gigs only at weekends....

Weather looks great. Attractive crowd, looks like a great festival:thumb:

The best, funniest shows are when M has a total Diva hissy fit strop about his 'fans' neglecting to maintain his fantasy that he's genuinely famous. I remember a gig in Sunderland in 08(?) when he got pissed off because folk were just sitting in a nice Victorian theatre enjoying watching his antics but not arsed about the perfunctory stage invasion. It was hilarious to watch him pout and sulk when his pleas for 'action' remained ignored. Quite a good show, otherwise, as I recall. Monday gigs are usually boring, what does he expect? Doesn't he realise people work? And he's not Muse or Madonna where folk take a week off to build up/wind down from the show no matter what day of the week it is. For those artists, their fans treat every show as Saturday night, but not Morrissey fans, they are more mundane and only go bonkers if they're pissed and loaded at the weekend. Part-time adoration must really rankle him. He *might* try scheduling gigs only at weekends....

He's not Muse or Madonna, Wtf is that all about? Thank Christ he's not f***ing awful..............not yet!

I thought it was a great gig, but then for me it's a case of whether Morrissey is going to get 10/10 (row 27 in Bergen) or 12/10 (standing a few tows back in Stavanger).

His voice in these two gigs is the best I've ever heard it.

Stavanger was cool - not a massive, heaving crowd, but very nice to be able to wander to the front and imagine you've got Morrissey singing in your front room.

Managed to get a picture of his microphone cord in action too :)

microphone.jpg

Stavanger was cool - not a massive, heaving crowd, but very nice to be able to wander to the front and imagine you've got Morrissey singing in your front room.

in other words, a tiny crowd. peeps could move about as if nobody was there.

He's not Muse or Madonna, Wtf is that all about? Thank Christ he's not f***ing awful..............not yet!

No, he's not an A list act like Muse or Madonna. That's WTF it's all about. He thinks he is/should be and that there's a 'conspiracy' to stop him being A list. Probably explains why MEN is only half sold a few days before showtime. He's very, very awful, has been for decades.

in other words, a tiny crowd. peeps could move about as if nobody was there.

I'm sure he'll end up playing to The List in their trust fund apartments rather than retire and do something more meaningful with his life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom