Stephen Colbert references Morrissey appearance

Last night on "The Colbert Report" Steven Colbert had some choice words for Morrissey (who made an appearance earlier this year). Colbert took a moment at the very end of the show to welcome a staff member's new baby (named Harrison). He said in closing:"Hopefully Harrison will be less demanding and easier to accommodate than Morrissey was." An image of Morrissey then appeared next to the new baby.

Apparently Morrissey did not make a very good impression. For anyone who cares: watch the episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a cheap shot. You want to have notoriously demanding people on your show, and then bash them for being demanding? f*** you.

Kind of a cheap shot. You want to have notoriously demanding people on your show, and then bash them for being demanding? f*** you.
Are you serious, have you ever watched Colbert Report? I'm sure it was just a light hearted joke.

Talent handler (who would have been in charge of Morrisey during his visit) had a baby. Colbert was congratulating her on air and made a joke like "I hope your baby is not as demanding as Morrissey." It was a joke on a comedy show, no big deal.

It must be an inside joke and the woman who had the baby has to deal with Moz's cheese tray and room temp water demands (among other things perhaps).

Talent handler (who would have been in charge of Morrisey during his visit) had a baby. Colbert was congratulating her on air and made a joke like "I hope your baby is not as demanding as Morrissey." It was a joke on a comedy show, no big deal.
Thank you for repeating that...

Are you serious, have you ever watched Colbert Report? I'm sure it was just a light hearted joke.
Yea it was a joke, im sure they aren't bothered and like him but it's not a complete joke though is it, obviously Morrissey was very noticeably demanding.

This is a compliment, albeit a backhanded one.
He was a memorable guest, on and off the air.

Wow you people are so up tight!!! I guess you're not familiar with Steven's humor...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom