Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: "meat is murder! Meat! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!"

Hardly worth a mention but nevertheless. The Sorrows of Young Werther was discussed in a literary program on swedish television last week. Among other things they talked about "Werthers" in popular culture and showed pictures of a number of such men. Among these pictures one could see one portraying a young Morrissey.

Re: "meat is murder! Meat! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!"

Hardly worth a mention but nevertheless. The Sorrows of Young Werther was discussed in a literary program on swedish television last week. Among other things they talked about "Werthers" in popular culture and showed pictures of a number of such men. Among these pictures one could see one portraying a young Morrissey.

Gosh, that is worth a mention, Emil! I do like it, even if it's mildly stereotypical. Well spotted!

The Guardian's best pop for spring 2011 ~
Whatever else may be going on in his world, you can't fault Morrissey's ambition to take his music to some unlikely venues: it's presumably some time since a major rock star trod the boards of the Dumfermline Alhambra, or indeed Hawick town hall: the latter's other big spring event seems to be the Jack And Jill Market "an opportunity for mums and dads to buy and sell nearly new baby and kids' clothes".

Tour begins Perth Concert Hall (01738 472 709), 16 June.

What the feck does that mean? Snarky little Guardian gob-shites. If you know something say it, if not shut the hell up.

Mind you, Jayziz is due back on earth the day before, so it may be cancelled..

420110325195548005_t607.JPG

Why is that man taking a shit in the woods on Judgement Day? 'Cry mightily unto God?'....yeah, I've had a few like that in my time :sick:

What the feck does that mean? Snarky little Guardian gob-shites. If you know something say it, if not shut the hell up.

Oh I didn't notice that before. Hmmm.

Why is that man taking a shit in the woods on Judgement Day? 'Cry mightily unto God?'....yeah, I've had a few like that in my time :sick:

:rofl:

Picked up a copy of Belle and Sebastian's "Write About Love" today. There are photos in the booklet of two people reading poetry books - one is Keats, the other Yeats.
Booklet-3.jpg

Booklet-6.jpg

Dave

Not really about Morrissey - was at the gym, a movie called "Kingdom Come" came on the telly, and it was produced by the "Turman-Morrissey" company. Nearly fell off the elliptical.

Picked up a copy of Belle and Sebastian's "Write About Love" today. There are photos in the booklet of two people reading poetry books - one is Keats, the other Yeats.
Booklet-3.jpg

Booklet-6.jpg

Dave

What is the genius lightness of touch and genuine originality of Morrissey is rendered clumsy, literal and twee in the hands of wannabe Murdoch. As ever.
In a parallel universe this would make me hate The Smiths.

In todays 'Guardian' there is a short interview with 'Sir' Bob Geldof. He is asked what he thinks of people who criticise Band Aid, specifically Morrissey who declared it "undiscussable". He replies "What Morrissey has to say about anything is redundant. He's a bit like me - he says things for effect."

geldof.jpg

In todays 'Guardian' there is a short interview with 'Sir' Bob Geldof. He is asked what he thinks of people who criticise Band Aid, specifically Morrissey who declared it "undiscussable". He replies "What Morrissey has to say about anything is redundant. He's a bit like me - he says things for effect."

geldof.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting the photo, I hadn't seen it before.

Wow, thanks for posting the photo, I hadn't seen it before.

It's from the 'Q' awards in 1993.
Possibly the three most Irish lookin' men in the room I'd wager :)

"One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it's another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of England. It was an awful record considering the mass of talent involved. And it wasn't done shyly it was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music."

Hardly redundant - entirely true.

Dave

"One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it's another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of England. It was an awful record considering the mass of talent involved. And it wasn't done shyly it was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music."

Hardly redundant - entirely true.

Dave

Sir Bob was on BBC 6 Music First Time programme few weeks ago.
He admitted that 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' was not his best work.
At least he made some money to help to solve the crisis in Africa.

Sir Bob was on BBC 6 Music First Time programme few weeks ago.
He admitted that 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' was not his best work.
At least he made some money to help to solve the crisis in Africa.

Solved?! Last I heard, there were still thousands dying of hunger and disease in Ethiopia. But maybe you know something I don't.

Onto important matters; that photo of Peaches Geldof is rather nice. Well... from the neck down, at least.

I've just popped into my local co-op to hear them playing 'why don't you find out for yourself' I asked the lad at the check out if it was a cd, but it's their own radio station received by satellite.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom