3. Cemetry Gates
4. I Know It's Over
5. Never Had No One Ever
6. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
7. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
8. Big Mouth Strikes Again
9. Asleep
10. Rubber Ring

I would drop Vicar In A Tutu and Frankly, Mr. Shankly and replace them with Asleep and Rubber Ring and then shuffle the running order around a bit.

Panic and Ask are my least favourite Smith singles and frankly there wasn't much going on on the B sides either.

Once you go into 1987 (Shoplifters etc) that's a different era again.

shoplifters is not 1987, in the 1986 tour, which they toured about half the year, MORRISSEY once said, that the next song was the new single,
so it's def. TQID time

Oh my, this is difficult- why meddle with a masterpiece? But I'll give it a go anyway, just for a laugh...

1. 'The Queen Is Dead' should stay as the album opener. Obviously. Like I said on the version of this thread for the debut album, I've explained my analysis in the "best opening lyric" thread, but can't be bothered to type it out again. :p

2. 'Frankly, Mr Shankly'

3. 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'

4. 'I Know It's Over'

5. 'Cemetry Gates'

6. 'The Boy With the Thorn in His Side'

7. 'Vicar in a Tutu'

8. 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'

9. 'Rubber Ring'

10. 'Asleep' (In my perfect fantasy universe which I like to live in occasionally, RR and Asleep would be present in the segued form, like on the b-side of TBWTTIHS)

I've only cut out 2 from this one: 'Never Had No-One Ever' and 'Some Girls...'. I really like them both, but they're my least favourites. It was still bloody difficult even to rearrange it a bit though.

Some Girls always usually comes after There's A Light, probably to enlighten the mood. It's even set the same on a The Very Best...Why didn't Johnny Marr put Some Girls on The Sound Of The Smiths? I thought that was a crime! And yes, Celibate is right coz they played Shoplifters at the last gig in 1986!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
words
Back
Top Bottom