Traveling To America

dogdayafternoon

:confused: :confused: just wondering how many people from england are traveling to any of the american gigs, say new york for instance ? is it worth it , does anybody think he will possible do the wireless gig now? ps, how much is a average flight to america these days , not been abroad for ten years now, would love to go to new york , any input would be great thanks..........

As far as flights go, they might be expensive seems the dates are near. I don't think they'll be less than £500 but I haven't checked yet.

Combine the trip with a holiday so you're there for a few days at least!

I booked mine to San Francisco in November and got them for £400 to fly in June, and now a mate wants to come and they have gone up to about £650 for the same dates. Hope the timing is good so he's in California in June!

I wanted to go to Pasedana but i was skint after xmas and the december gigs, the cheapest flight i could find was £450 so decided to leave it. Ive been saving up now though and hope to go to at least a couple of the US dates.

you're probably looking at about 500 pounds for plane tickets. But what you could do is try to get them last minute! When I flew to LA from Toronto I paid only 100 pounds for my plane ticket, and I bought it about 12 hours before the flight itself! If you're in no rush...that's a great option. Pray that they overbook your flight and let you fly first class...it makes all the difference on cross-Atlantic flights...

a couple years ago, there was an airline that had a special for roundtrip flights between New york and london...$150. i didn't take it because london is so damn expensive, i figured despite the cheap tickets it will still be too much.

i just checked a website and picked random dates in may for nyc<-->london...around $550 USD roundtrip. so not cheap cheap, but really, not bad considering the distance. not sure what the exchange rate is. actually i think that's a good deal. you can probably find better still.

Hey :)

I've seen Moz in a few different countries now, and I travelled to the US to see him in October 2004. I went to Asbury Park, New Jersey, and New York City. I can't tell you how good it was :) Even if you get to see Morrissey here, I'd definitely recommend travelling to see him.

Flights to New York are about £225 upwards in my experience. I travel a lot, so feel free to PM me for any travel websites, advice, etc :)

thanks to all the above for the info, yes{isthisdesire}if you could let me know of any websites regarding flights plus any way of finding reasonable hotels , plus the sights to see, {new york}if you could email me i would be really grateful, sorry to go on a bit.........{[email protected]} ;)

I fancy going to the Boston gig assuming one will be in that fine city.
Flights to the east coast (Boston / NY) are a lot cheaper than to the west coast.
If it is a weekend gig then that will be dearer than a mid week gig. Or as long as you dont fly in / out over the weekend then that will be cheaper.
If the gig is over Easter or during the UK's half term school holiday then that increases the price too.

So, for me, a gig in Boston, not at Easter or half term and in the mid week will be perfect! :)

Jukebox Jury

PS Dog day Afternoon is one of my favourite films. Great stuff.
As is your picture of Mr Sidebottom. You know it is - it really is.....

Do you need a visa from UK? Can these be obtained last minute?

Not for a holiday / non business trip under 90 days.
You do though need a passport that has a barcode or something that is electronically scanned.
If your passport is less than 4 years old it should have it on as mine did for when I went over 2 years ago.
On arrival you get treated like a criminal and get finger printed and eyes scanned and then are told 'have a nice day'. :D

Jukebox Jury

nice one once again , cheers jukebox jury , morrissey, frank sidebottom , and ian brown plus george best are all my hero"s so for someone to like one to like two of them is certainly not bobbins,
ps, in his shows frank does a few moz/smiths songs , well funny.......

Dog day
I like three of those four mentioned very much.
Mr Best being the one I give a miss, coming from the Blue three quarters of town.
You in Newton Heath? I live not far, the other side of the railway track over Dean Lane station.

As for prices of flights, buy a Sunday newspaper - not the shite gossip rags, but the Observer, Times etc. they have good travel guides full of adverts. Ultimately, go direct to the websites of the airline companies themselves, cut the middle man out! The nearer to the summer the gigs are the more expensive the flights will be!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
You do though need a passport that has a barcode or something that is electronically scanned.
If your passport is less than 4 years old it should have it on as mine did for when I went over 2 years ago.
Jukebox Jury
Havent got one of those! I have the last week in May off work so maybe..... if the list on the main page thing is to be believed (although probably not) that includes Memphis. That would be very cool. :)

cheers jukebox, three out of four isn"t bad, bell, summerbee, lee , all class, me dad told me all about them, as a red i dont mind good footballers whatever the team, dont know about {leeds /liverpool} though, back to the flights i will try the papers and the airline websites, cheers..
ps , yes i am from newton heath just near the robin hood pub droylsden road.....

Back
Top Bottom