Who would be a great collaborator for Moz, who'd definitively say yes in the current climate?

Noel Gallagher. He keeps saying nice things about Morrissey, but at the same time, Noel seems to be close to JM

Would love to see collaborations with:
Damon Albarn (soulful, melancholic alternative pop)
Johnny Marr (shimmering and melodic indie)
Richard Hawley (classic crooning)
Noel G (some sort of bombastic anthem)
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis (atmospheric, mournful and hymnlike torch songs)

Maniiiiixccccccccs!

Yes, I was going to suggest that Manc guitarist Johnny Marr as well. Could be good.

Damon Albarn already offered (a Gorillas collaboration at least).
Apparently, they had an amusing exchange of emails. Would love to see it!

Harry Styles! ;)

No, but honestly, Vini Reilly. It's likely not possible any longer, but I always thought he was able to see Morrissey in a sort of similar light as Johnny Marr perhaps did. Bring out his top game as it were.

they do love their past work. But I have a feeling they may not want to repeat it, especially Johnny.

Yeah, Noel could be a candidate, considering he likes to rewrite T.Rex songs.

Noel Gallagher. He keeps saying nice things about Morrissey, but at the same time, Noel seems to be close to JM

see post above. But would like to add.. yeah why not Noel? He’s already got some of Marr’s guitars, might as well take his first and greatest frontman too! ;)

Harry Styles! ;)

No, but honestly, Vini Reilly. It's likely not possible any longer, but I always thought he was able to see Morrissey in a sort of similar light as Johnny Marr perhaps did. Bring out his top game as it were.

Vini spoke about this. He wanted to do an album after Viva Hate with Morrissey going in the direction of Patti Smith’s Radio Ethiopia, which is an amazing record and a must have in any tasteful music collection.

Ian Brown
My ideal : Pink, Miley Cyrus. I don't see that happening though

Oh, I also want to see his supposed collab with ASAP Rocky. Is that guy's album ever coming out lol?

Last edited:
they do love their past work. But I have a feeling they may not want to repeat it, especially Johnny.

Yeah, Noel could be a candidate, considering he likes to rewrite T.Rex songs.
Well, at least he did that one time in 1994. No, I was thinking more of the stuff he’s done as a solo artist. Something in the vein of The Ballad of the Mighty I or Riverman.

Not necessarily 'great', but it'd be curious to hear him collaborate with someone of shoegaze/dream pop genre, like Kevin Shields or Bilinda Butcher of MBV maybe? I love M's 'dreamier' songs a lot and I wonder what would be if the guitarist took the dreamy aspect to the extreme...
Whether they'd agree I have no idea. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom