Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Morrissey didn't release any solo material in 1986-1987, he was still with the Smiths. His first single was released in 1988 and that was 'Suedehead'.
There 2 CD single boxsets. The first one is 1988-1991, containing 10 singles, and the second one is 1991-1995, containing 9 singles.
Are these what you're thinking of?
I'm not aware of there being any other official singles boxsets.

That's because it's unofficial.

Morrissey didn't release any solo material in 1986-1987, he was still with the Smiths. His first single was released in 1988 and that was 'Suedehead'.
There 2 CD single boxsets. The first one is 1988-1991, containing 10 singles, and the second one is 1991-1995, containing 9 singles.
Are these what you're thinking of?
I'm not aware of there being any other official singles boxsets.

he's correct mr leeming. engage your mouth young man before you go steaming in;)it does usually go for a fair few quid as well:eek:

From Passions:

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/moz-dmulti.htm

The Singles Collection 1986-1992, a box set released in November 1992 contains the first 13 UK cd-singles: "Suedehead", "Everyday Is Like Sunday", "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", "Interesting Drug", "Ouija Board, Ouija Board", "November Spawned A Monster", "Piccadilly Palare", "Our Frank", "Sing Your Life", "Pregnant For The Last Time", "My Love Life", "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" and "You're The One For Me, Fatty". There is a typo in the title, the singles were actually released from 1988 to 1992. This is only a semi-official box set.​

So, everyone is right, kind of...

Thank you all for your replies. Very helpful!!
Cheers Moz

iceland214.jpg

I picked these up at a Flea market in Iceland.
All are 12" except "Ask", which is a 7"

iceland215.jpg

I got this from Amazon...

and
iceland217.jpg

Korea "Quarry" deluxe CD with different booklet.
I have one more sealed if someone wants to trade something for it.

Thanks to a trip to Vinyl Exchange

• Australian World Won't Listen (with unique gatefold image, not used anywhere else) - I've been after one of these for ages :)

• Mispressed Shoplifters / You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby. From Passions:
Original plans were to release "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby" as the a-side of this single, with the same b-sides. Plans were scrapped by Rough Trade after the 12" test pressing stage. These white label test pressings bear the same catalog numbers as the "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" 12", and have become highly collectible. To make collecting the Smiths even more interesting, some stock copies (about 900) of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" on 12" were mispressed with "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby" on a-side as it was originally intended. These are also very collectible, although not as much as the scrapped test pressings.​

Also, via Amazon:
  • L-Shaped Room (Take me Back to Dear Old Blighty)
  • Charlie Bubbles (Billie Whitelaw cover of William it was really nothing)
  • Orphee (This Charming man)
  • The Leather Boys (Colin Campbell from Ask and video for Girlfriend in a coma)

If only it was snowing here, I could spend the day locked indoors on a Smiths-fest :)

Dave

Funny, I put my eyes on the first 2 vinyls (the australian one and the mispressed one) but decided not buy them over their website (I live abroad) as I have spent some money already this month with all the new releases. I think the australian one is really a nice item.
Cheers Moz

Funny, I put my eyes on the first 2 vinyls (the australian one and the mispressed one) but decided not buy them over their website (I live abroad) as I have spent some money already this month with all the new releases. I think the australian one is really a nice item.
Cheers Moz

Not only did I not have to pay postage but I got a 10% discount for cash. Bonus!

Thanks to a trip to Vinyl Exchange

• Australian World Won't Listen (with unique gatefold image, not used anywhere else) - I've been after one of these for ages :)

• Mispressed Shoplifters / You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby. From Passions:
Original plans were to release "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby" as the a-side of this single, with the same b-sides. Plans were scrapped by Rough Trade after the 12" test pressing stage. These white label test pressings bear the same catalog numbers as the "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" 12", and have become highly collectible. To make collecting the Smiths even more interesting, some stock copies (about 900) of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" on 12" were mispressed with "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby" on a-side as it was originally intended. These are also very collectible, although not as much as the scrapped test pressings.​

Also, via Amazon:
  • L-Shaped Room (Take me Back to Dear Old Blighty)
  • Charlie Bubbles (Billie Whitelaw cover of William it was really nothing)
  • Orphee (This Charming man)
  • The Leather Boys (Colin Campbell from Ask and video for Girlfriend in a coma)

If only it was snowing here, I could spend the day locked indoors on a Smiths-fest :)

Dave

Is that the double vinyl 'World won't listen'?

Is that the double vinyl 'World won't listen'?

Yes - Australia 2-LP CBS 450978-1
from passions:
The second Australian LP and cassette (450978-1/4) come as a double set and include all songs (28 tracks) from "The World Won't Listen" and "Louder Than Bombs", bar "These Things Take Time". Also, "Money Changes Everything" is replaced by a different instrumental, "The Draize Train". The first LP and cassette have the regular track listing while the bonus LP and cassette contain all the added material. Here's a rundown of the songs in the order they appear: "Panic" / "Ask" / "London" / "Bigmouth Strikes Again" / "Shakespeare's Sister" / "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" / "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" / "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (single version) // Asleep" / "Unloveable" / "Half A Person" / "Stretch Out And Wait" (alternate version) / "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" (edited) / "Oscillate Wildly" / "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby" / "Rubber Ring // "Is It Really So Strange?" / "Sheila Take A Bow" / "Sweet And Tender Hooligan" / "Girl Afraid" / "William, It Was Really Nothing" / "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" // "Golden Lights" / "The Draize Train" / "Back To The Old House" / "Hand In Glove" / "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" / "This Night Has Opened My Eyes".​

Still don't understand why HMV keeps selling on its website throwing my arms...as 1 CD and 2 7" vinyl. God knows who is right.
Cheers Moz

Hi, I would like to buy via the website the US copy of YOR, especially the cd's. As I live in Europe , as far as any of you might know, am I gonna be charged for some kind of VAT/TAX as it's an imported item. I just do not want to end up paying a lot when i receive the goods. Thank you
Cheers Moz

Hi, I would like to buy via the website the US copy of YOR, especially the cd's. As I live in Europe , as far as any of you might know, am I gonna be charged for some kind of VAT/TAX as it's an imported item. I just do not want to end up paying a lot when i receive the goods. Thank you
Cheers Moz

just delivery. tower records is the one i use;)

just delivery. tower records is the one i use;)

Unfortunately that isn't right, according to the HM customs webpage all items that are bought outside of the EU are liable for VAT even if it is a gift(!), they even use the example of buying a cd from abroad. But it must be down to luck, because I've never been stung so far and I certainly wouldn't be put off from buying over the net because of it, but I know people who have, but in those cases it was relatively large, heavy items. The more anoying thing is that, the cost of VAT on a copy of cds which whilst it is annoying, isn't a great deal of money, but you get charged an extra £8 by Parcel Force for deliverying the package from the Customs to you :eek:

Of course that is for the UK customs, I suggest you look up what the Italian customs webpage has to say.

Personally I use amazon.com, which means the items come via Germany(?)

just received an email stating that my "paris" bundle has been shipped!

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom