Abortion doctor shot and killed

Since the economic perspective has been raised, I think it's an interesting angle. Leaving all other factors aside, one could argue, and I think it would stand to reason, that the financial costs to the taxpayer of the abortion procedures is considerably less than the potential costs if the procedure is unaffordable. However, most insurance plans do cover it, which brings us to the larger issue, which is that the American healthcare system is f***ed and over 40 million Americans can't afford insurance. If that fundamental problem is solved it becomes a nonissue.

This kinda reminds me of how Hilary Clinton recently visited China and said that vitalizing the ECONOMY is more important than HUMAN RIGHTS.:guitar:

morrissey_cartoon_blog.jpg

Since the economic perspective has been raised, I think it's an interesting angle. Leaving all other factors aside, one could argue, and I think it would stand to reason, that the financial costs to the taxpayer of the abortion procedures is considerably less than the potential costs if the procedure is unaffordable. However, most insurance plans do cover it, which brings us to the larger issue, which is that the American healthcare system is f***ed and over 40 million Americans can't afford insurance. If that fundamental problem is solved it becomes a nonissue.

hey! let's talk!

More abortions by poor minorities = Less poor minorities.

Actually, more abortions by poor minorities = fewer mouths for poor minority women to feed which = more money for poor minority women which = more middle-class minorities (rather than poor).

It's simple. The fewer children someone has, the more money that person has to devote to herself and her children. Let's say that a single woman with no children, and a single woman with 5 kids have the same job, and make the same amount of money. Which woman is going to be able to spend more money on necessities such as rent/mortgage, groceries, car payments, etc? Which woman is going to be able to save more money in the bank, for some type of emergency? In both cases, the answer is the childless woman, of course.

The fewer children poor people have, the more likely they are to climb out of poverty, and into the middle class. It's no coincidence that many middle-class and upper-class families have only 2 or 3 children.

This kinda reminds me of how Hilary Clinton recently visited China and said that vitalizing the ECONOMY is more important than HUMAN RIGHTS.:guitar:

Without going off into the merit or lack thereof of Mrs. Clinton's statement, the comparison is fundamentally false because the only human rights at issue here are the rights of women, which you want to take away. I also still think using Morrissey's likeness and lyrics to promote a radical religious agenda is offensive.

Actually, more abortions by poor minorities = fewer mouths for poor minority women to feed which = more money for poor minority women which = more middle-class minorities (rather than poor).

It's simple. The fewer children someone has, the more money that person has to devote to herself and her children. Let's say that a single woman with no children, and a single woman with 5 kids have the same job, and make the same amount of money. Which woman is going to be able to spend more money on necessities such as rent/mortgage, groceries, car payments, etc? Which woman is going to be able to save more money in the bank, for some type of emergency? In both cases, the answer is the childless woman, of course.

The fewer children poor people have, the more likely they are to climb out of poverty, and into the middle class. It's no coincidence that many middle-class and upper-class families have only 2 or 3 children.

Exactly. Reproductive freedom is an essential part of the progress of basic human rights. Everyone benefits when women can make informed choices, no matter how difficult.

This conversation is about abortion, but it should be about contraception and sex-education, which would do more to end abortions than any federal laws, restrictions or regulations. The anti-choice advocates are very closely aligned with an ideology that would also prohibit contraception and sex-education. We've seen the evidence of how destructive this can be with "abstinence only" programs which actually increase the incidence of unwanted pregnancies.

It's no wonder that the "pro-life" ideology often leads to violence: it is short-sighted, regressive and ultimately leads to much unnecessary suffering.

It's no wonder that the "pro-life" ideology often leads to violence: it is short-sighted, regressive and ultimately leads to much unnecessary suffering.

I must disagree...the Pro-Choice ideology is the short sighted one...choosing a "quick fix" rather than the long term decision of life with all the heartaches and blessings that go along with it.

The Pro-Choice decision leads to violence and suffering much more than the Pro-Life one, also. Each and every abortion inflicts violence on a human being.

I must disagree...the Pro-Choice ideology is the short sighted one...choosing a "quick fix" rather than the long term decision of life with all the heartaches and blessings that go along with it.

The Pro-Choice decision leads to violence and suffering much more than the Pro-Life one, also. Each and every abortion inflicts violence on a human being.

Oh god. And round and round into infinium.

This conversation is about abortion, but it should be about contraception and sex-education, which would do more to end abortions than any federal laws, restrictions or regulations. The anti-choice advocates are very closely aligned with an ideology that would also prohibit contraception and sex-education. We've seen the evidence of how destructive this can be with "abstinence only" programs which actually increase the incidence of unwanted pregnancies.

Finally, one sensible pro-choicer.

the pro-choice ideology is not a pro-abortion ideology dude :straightface:
we are just for the right of women to have control over their own bodies, that means the right to have an abortion or not
the anti-choice community on the other hand as embodied in groups like "Operation Rescue" wants women that seek abortions to be arrested and doctors who perform them to suffer the same dire consequences
and as a part of their campaign to deny women their basic biological rights they go out of their way to verbally assualt women merely seeking access to abortion clinics(not all women who go to one, have an abortion you know)
and sometimes they actually attempt to physically assualt women that try and enter the clinic(I have witnessed such with my own eyes.)
I have personally seen the hate for women in the eyes of those that claim they are merely "defending' babies". :rolleyes:
now I am assuming that at least some of you may not be as extreme as that, but the people on your side of this issue include others that take criminal action against those for choice and they also seek to criminalize a women's right to merely choose
now you can hide from that all you want with rhetoric in this thread
but the simple fact is no one on the pro-choice side of this issue is actually for abortions, what part of that you do not get, or you choose not to get is well, :confused:
and being for choice is not the same as being for just one of the choices
but as long as people that call themselves "pro-life" keep going on and on about these unborn fetuses and not acknowledging a woman's right to remain pregnant or not
well, then a woman's right to choose will continue to be under threat in this country
and more doctors will be murdered by supposed "pro-lifers" :cool:

Last edited:
what, you dont think the rest of us believe that too? you think we're all like "goooo abortions!!" no. course not. pretty sure we all feel the same way Anaesthesine does, she just articulated it much better.

no, no, nugz, i am sure i must have seen cars with bumper stickers like that up here ;):rolleyes:

what, you dont think the rest of us believe that too? you think we're all like "goooo abortions!!" no. course not. pretty sure we all feel the same way Anaesthesine does, she just articulated it much better.

The thing is you're not saying "nooooo abortions." So I see it as the same thing. :guitar:

Yep, this is the point in the conversation when everything breaks down and can go no further. I think Disappointed said it all very well, and I'm not going to repeat that post, or my reply to it. I think Pro-Choice is Pro-Life.

There are times in this life when terrible decisions must be made, and sometimes there are no good options. At that point the best we can hope for is the wisdom to come to the most sane, sensible decision. To deny a woman that autonomy is immoral, unethical, and inconsistent with the notion of basic human dignity.

There is no way to quantify life's blessings and heartaches, but there is a way to reduce the incidence of a decision as terrible and final as abortion, and criminalizing reproductive choice is not it.

Yep, this is the point in the conversation when everything breaks down and can go no further. I think Disappointed said it all very well, and I'm not going to repeat that post, or my reply to it. I think Pro-Choice is Pro-Life.

There are times in this life when terrible decisions must be made, and sometimes there are no good options. At that point the best we can hope for is the wisdom to come to the most sane, sensible decision. To deny a woman that autonomy is immoral, unethical, and inconsistent with the notion of basic human dignity.

There is no way to quantify life's blessings and heartaches, but there is a way to reduce the incidence of a decision as terrible and final as abortion, and criminalizing reproductive choice is not it.

very, very, very well put Anaesthesine :clap:

Tags
aren'tmenawful? feminism hypocrisy ignorance male domination omg pro-idiocy what about elmo
Back
Top Bottom