Celebrity Big Brother

From a discussion I had with The Goat ages ago. Most of it's general enough to fit.

To keep it simple for everyone - Drip-down economy. Person A makes a lot of money. Therefore can spend more money. This means that they can buy more stuff. That means more stuff needs to be made to satisfy the demand. So Person B is able to get a job making stuff. This means Person B has more money. Therefore can spend more money. This means they can buy more stuff. That means more stuff needs to be made to satisfy the demand. So Person C is able to get a job making stuff. And so on and so on. It's really simple economics.

i think "simplistic" was the adjective you were looking for.

Oh, after a very quick check, according to the UN the literacy rate in the UK is 99.9%. Shamefull.

"shamefull", indeed. you'll be part of the 0.1%, then.

adult literacy classes, maybe?

"shamefull", indeed. you'll be part of the 0.1%, then.

adult literacy classes, maybe?

Lol I think he was joking!!

Lol I think he was joking!!

y'think?

i reckon "[...]he's f***ing thick because [...]he's stupid" (see above), and well-reasoned logic, like that.

Maybe we are finally seeing the horrific climax of reality TV and fame for fames sake (probably not, but we can dream). It's almost come full circle with Jade (c*** FACE) Goody going into celeb BB.

Maybe we are finally seeing the horrific climax of reality TV and fame for fames sake (probably not, but we can dream). It's almost come full circle with Jade (c*** FACE) Goody going into celeb BB.

yes she is a fool!

but has made lots of money from it...so who is he fool, she or the viewers?

eh this'll sound strange but you know the way Big Brother gets it's name from 1984, and in that book the government pumps the masses with mindless entertainment so they wont notice the chaos around them and cruel acts of the Government. Well obviously the Gov. doesnt make BB but here we are with mindless entertainment all over the papers, sky news looking like E4 Live BB coverage, and proper news programmes reporting it as their 1st story. I mean Blairs talking about it in Commons,- 'I wonder how many baby's corspes are lying on the streets of Bagdad, oh maybe I'll ask the Priminister... nah, wonder what he thinks of Jade Goody'. :mad:

yes she is a fool!

Ha well exactly. It's not Jade fooling us. It sounds like a terrible stoner's conspiracy but it's far more cynical than that

eh this'll sound strange but you know the way Big Brother gets it's name from 1984, and in that book the government pumps the masses with mindless entertainment so they wont notice the chaos around them and cruel acts of the Government. Well obviously the Gov. doesnt make BB but here we are with mindless entertainment all over the papers, sky news looking like E4 Live BB coverage, and proper news programmes reporting it as their 1st story. I mean Blairs talking about it in Commons,- 'I wonder how many baby's corspes are lying on the streets of Bagdad, oh maybe I'll ask the Priminister... nah, wonder what he thinks of Jade Goody'. :mad:

well the government has some control over tv. it the drug of the masses.

the thing being discussed in the commans, is was the so called racism in the show which has spread world wide in it's coverage.

It's not racism, but it is incredibly offensive bullying, born out of sheer jealously from a clash of cultures. Jade comes from a council estate in London, she is known as the underclass of society, she is rude, ignorant, uneducated and very offensive, she lacks grace, dignity, manners and she is all the qualities Shilpa is not. Shilpa is comes across as very calm, incredibly intelligent, incredibly generous, she has manners and dignity as well as a good set of manners. They were also bound to clash, Shilpa earned her money through her acting talents, Jade earned her money from writing for scummy tabloids and earned her money from reality TV, she is underclass with cash (I'm not saying all of the underclass are like Jade nor am I saying every wealthy person is like Shilpa). This was a recipe for a clash of differences, Jade feels insecure around Shilpa and why shouldn't she? Shilpa is everything Jade wants to be and that goes for Danielle and Jo who are also jealous of Shilpa. This is natural with girls and goes on all the time, Shilpa has done herself proud and should be pleased, I understand English is her second language, yet she is showing vocabularly of a higher standard than Jade, Danielle and Jo and she is a lot more lady like then they are and this has caused problems. I hope Shilpa wins Big Brother, I am not an avid fan of the show, but she seems very much down to earth and it is Jade who has her head up her arse, not Shilpa.

yes she is a fool!

jade or the viewers?!? nope, still definitely Jade.

lets see...having Jade's brain and 'lots' of money or my own mind and 'none'...hmmm

jade or the viewers?!? nope, still definitely Jade.

lets see...having Jade's brain and 'lots' of money or my own mind and 'none'...hmmm
yes it isn't a very hard question to answer:D

Real working class people! Just because you have been poor, or lived on an estate does not mean you are working class!!

erm Please, I don't geddit, is there something wrong with being working class?

love

Grim

erm Please, I don't geddit, is there something wrong with being working class?

love

Grim

yes... they don't how to use a full set of cutlery, drink out of 'Mugs' and not tea cups, generally smell up the local tea shop with their cloth caps and whippet dogs, are lazy, get in the road when i'm travelling; my butler has to keep running them off the road, which broke a head light this week, i'll let you know, their drink beer, no nothing of wine.

Social classes are pretty much dead, I don't define myself in any particular social class. The only class definition which stands out is the underclass.

Social classes are undefinable you say except you define 'underclass' well done that's a made up DEFINITION by some right-wing tory newspaper.

kickstand
=
moron

ffs Robby I'm sorry, if only I'd listened from the start!

love

Grim

yes... they don't how to use a full set of cutlery, drink out of 'Mugs' and not tea cups, generally smell up the local tea shop with their cloth caps and whippet dogs, are lazy, get in the road when i'm travelling; my butler has to keep running them off the road, which broke a head light this week, i'll let you know, their drink beer, no nothing of wine.

I saw it coming & I'll pay for the damage guvner, is Alfords 'looks like the real fing' acceptible? :D

love

Grim (cap doffer)

Social classes are undefinable you say except you define 'underclass' well done that's a made up DEFINITION by some right-wing tory newspaper.

kickstand
=
moron

love

Grim

I'm not sure exactly where you reside, but next time you open your door take a closer look... there is an underclass in contemporary Britain

An underclass!!! Oh the irony. A classless society? How do migrant workers fit into your non-social classifications?

The underclass is Thatcher's creation" but we're all willing to abide by her philosophy.." arise the king of non-knowing irony.

For f***s sake!

As for simple economics, yes. Great idea. Nearly up there with assuming that the whole of the UK is a few miles up the road from me. When you read Alan Clark's appraisal of the Thatcher autobiography diid they neglect to teach you about ox-bow lakes and contours on OS maps?

And thats Thatcher's fault and all.
Thatcher, Thatcher. Thatcher... oh yes please. What it will add a £100,000 value to my rural retreat near Arundel. Oh marvellous I must make sure that I follow the simple economics course as this will help pay for a Romanian orphan's education.

kickstand
=
moron

love

Grim

Well what would you call them then? They are underneath the minimum living standard, therefore they are easier to define than everyone. Working class is prett much non-existant, especially with the closure of the mining areas, the closure of the other staple industries, middles classes are harder to define as our upperclasses, due to the capitalist society we live in. However with the capitalist society a section of society were left behind and they are known as the underclass, it's a political definition. No doubt this was created by the Tories and they should of strived to improve these people's lives, but social justice wasn't on their agenda. New Labour "Tories in red with a social justice agenda" waltz in and have done little to stamp out this section of society, instead it is growing due to the increased immigration and the lack of resources to meet the demands.

Grim

=

Doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Might I remind you rimhole that there are forty different social classes in society and it's growing, some people scretch across ten groups, it's no longer easy to define, but in contemporary Britain there is one group of people who are easy to define and they are living in absolute poverty.

Well what would you call them then? They are underneath the minimum living standard, therefore they are easier to define than everyone. Working class is prett much non-existant, especially with the closure of the mining areas, the closure of the other staple industries, middles classes are harder to define as our upperclasses, due to the capitalist society we live in. However with the capitalist society a section of society were left behind and they are known as the underclass, it's a political definition. No doubt this was created by the Tories and they should of strived to improve these people's lives, but social justice wasn't on their agenda. New Labour "Tories in red with a social justice agenda" waltz in and have done little to stamp out this section of society, instead it is growing due to the increased immigration and the lack of resources to meet the demands.

Grim

=

Doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Might I remind you rimhole that there are forty different social classes in society and it's growing, some people scretch across ten groups, it's no longer easy to define, but in contemporary Britain there is one group of people who are easy to define and they are living in absolute poverty.

I don't know why I'm doing this has I realize before I start the futility of it!
Q. What would you call them?
A. Working Class

"They are underneath the minimum living standard".
What's this, can you explain?

You have little understanding of the Working Class if you think it's only the miners & staple industry workers. Who do you think runs the transport, the hospitals in fact all the service industries. Who do you think makes your clothes, your food, this piece of machinery that you are sat at right now? Need I go on?

"middles classes are harder to define as our upperclasses, due to the capitalist society we live in."

Where are you getting your definitions from? The class system was not created by capitalism BUT it did create the Working Class, prior to it there were peasants, oh ffs go study history! There is the working class & the ruling class, google them. If your paper isn't on my desk by 4.30 you are in detention.

"However with the capitalist society a section of society were left behind and they are known as the underclass, it's a political definition."

for capitalism to work it needs to have competition of its workforce, therefore there as always been unemployment, it's a means of driving down wages & therefore increasing profit, so no one has been left behind.

I see you've fallen for the old race card bringing immigration in to it, are you a friend of Jade Goody, I think you must have gone to the same school.

Finally, your mission should you choose to accept it, name me one person from the ruling class? Tip: all governments are puppets of this class.

Grim

I know isn't capitalism a bain on society, how about voting for the UK communist party? Let's have a dictatorship, just think how cool that would be, everyone is treated is equal, everyone is murdered in the same way.

Where have I mentioned that I'm an admirer of communism? Go back to your sociology A-level.

Back
Top Bottom