Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
The last time I saw him live was 2007 when he played Boca Raton, so the setlist being unadventurous didn't bother me. There's certainly some songs I would have preferred (Pillow is good, but River or Hurling would have been incredible), but he sounded great (voice was very strong) and the band really brought it. I hate the whole Gustavo/Alain situation, but Carmen is a fantastic guitarist - she can handle the Johnny Marr stuff better than anyone I've heard him play with.

-REALLY don't get Notre Dame. The lyrics are so bizarre talking about some conspiracy that he never elaborates about while embarrassing stock footage of people "shushing" plays behind him

-Speaking of weird footage, the amount of videos with watermarks or terrible compression he plays before his show is hilarious. Morrissey - there is much better footage of Apocalypse Now available than a 20 year old QuickTime at 15fps

-The Night Pop Dropped went over pretty well with the crowd. Song has a good energy (Telephone is a lesser song, but was helped by a Morrissey telling a story of a likely failed attempt to play this on a US morning show!!)

-Funniest part of the night was Morrissey looking up at one of the big screens and deadpanning "I look terrible"

The most I have ever paid for a ticket was 250 and that was Btyan Ferry 5th row center
$250 for Bryan Ferry is great value. Although when I last saw him, in Cardiff, he urged the ladies to approach the stage, making seat reservations irrelevant.

I was in the balcony, otherwise I would’ve self-identified as a lady myself.

$250 for Bryan Ferry is great value. Although when I last saw him, in Cardiff, he urged the ladies to approach the stage, making seat reservations irrelevant.

I was in the balcony, otherwise I would’ve self-identified as a lady myself.
Much to my disappointment, he did not ask any ladies to approach the stage. The atmosphere was gorgeous tho, in the lobby there were tables with table clothes and red roses strewn all over them and wine buckets with small bottles of sangria on ice in them, the lights were turned down a bit. So, it sort of seemed like a date with Bryan, lol. That atmosphere carried thru the night, there's just something about him, it was all really romantic, he connects well with the audience while being pretty quiet and mysterious at the same time, he has a lot of charisma and presence. I think it's one of my favorite shows.
The 250 was very good luck, we had gotten tickets that were not as good and then my husband just decided to check again about a week before the show and these better tickets had been released, so we got them and sold the others for face value. Honestly, we would have paid more.

Much to my disappointment, he did not ask any ladies to approach the stage. The atmosphere was gorgeous tho, in the lobby there were tables with table clothes and red roses strewn all over them and wine buckets with small bottles of sangria on ice in them, the lights were turned down a bit. So, it sort of seemed like a date with Bryan, lol. That atmosphere carried thru the night, there's just something about him, it was all really romantic, he connects well with the audience while being pretty quiet and mysterious at the same time, he has a lot of charisma and presence. I think it's one of my favorite shows.
The 250 was very good luck, we had gotten tickets that were not as good and then my husband just decided to check again about a week before the show and these better tickets had been released, so we got them and sold the others for face value. Honestly, we would have paid more.
He always keeps it classy and a bit highbrow and i like that attention to detail, and he retains a certain mystery which is great. The latest Roxy/Ferry vinyl reissues have been done very well, top notch quality, which is what you get when you see him live. My friend saw Roxy on their last tour and said they were amazing.

bryan has never been one for speaking between songs,he is probably the shyest singer out of any singers and i include M in that,seen roxy and ferry solo in years gone by.

First, I'm a huge Morrissey fan and I will ALWAYS go to see I'm when he tours. But can "40 years of Morrissey" really be summed up in 18-21 songs? Paul McCartney, in his 80s and vegan, performs for more than 2 hours and 36 songs. Why does Morrissey short change his fans?
This.

Yes, thanks!! They are unbearable!! I don't like to come in here and only see reviews!! I come to see news of the singer I admire, and I see all the time the criticism and criticism of anti-Morrissey people, the truth is exhausting

You're right, Lujan. The disrespect some people show towards Morrissey and his fans on Solo is absurd. Someone on this thread even referred to certain "low quality fans", mind you.

Solo is an important source of information on Morrissey, but at the same it hurts him and his true fans really badly by allowing hateful people to almost take it over.

You're right, Lujan. The disrespect some people show towards Morrissey and his fans on Solo is absurd. Someone on this thread even referred to certain "low quality fans", mind you.

Solo is an important source of information on Morrissey, but at the same it hurts him and his true fans really badly by allowing hateful people to almost take it over.
More than one point of view is required for a 'discussion' board isn't it? Otherwise it would be a 'worship' board.

More than one point of view is required for a 'discussion' board isn't it? Otherwise it would be a 'worship' board.

As far as I'm concerned, different points of view are really important in any democratic milieu. What I find unacceptable is blatant disrespect.

Last edited:
It's absolutely mind boggling that he would play shite like "Our Frank "
Agee....this is not a strong live song.

I think I am done for a while. I can't take anymore 35 minute video intros and wishing I would ever hear "Disappointed" or some of the more lyrically biting songs.

You just don't get it. People loves M to the core. The criticism isn't hate.
But you must be new about M world, I get it.
No, I'm not new, but I see repeated criticism and by the same guys, and it seems that here there are people who dominate the site and attack and I don't like that, you have to let them keep writing. They do what they want, so:Ma..si ya me harte son cansadores repiten siempre lo mismo da a armado....

If blatant disrespect is unacceptable, should blind worship also be unacceptable?
Exactly.
As far as I'm concerned, different points of view are really important in any democratic milieu. What I find unacceptable is blatant disrespect.
"Blatant disrespect" on what grounds??? If you're in a personal relationship with him of some sort you can talk about disrespect...if he is your lover, father, uncle, brother, employer, colleague, friend etc., because then there is something (although graduated in regard to this relationship) to disrespect. But calling having an opinion on a public figure on an online discussion Board "blatant disrespect" is way of the mark.

If blatant disrespect is unacceptable, should blind worship also be unacceptable?

Yes, as long as it's not hurting anyone.

However, I must say to you that I do not consider myself neither blind nor a worshiper. I'm just a sincere Morrissey fan, who happens to be quite lucid and reflective as well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom