More Letterman News from TTY

I'm going inside now ill post an update after. Hopefully ill he will be on my taping!! *cross fingers*

Oooh I hope he's on yours! The audience at a show like that is always so random - I hope you're at his taping both for your sake and also his - so that he's got another friendly & familiar face in the audience! :)

Uuuugh. No luck! Its def the 2nd taping. We tried for standby for the 2nd taping an it was full already. Owell. We r going to get some food an come back. Well atleast I saw his shirts being carried in. Hahahaah

Ooooh moz just arrived!!!!! It happen so fast I'm shaking haha I don't even remember what he had on. Ill post the pics wen I get home. I'm sticking around tonite so hopefully ill get more later on

Ooooh moz just arrived!!!!! It happen so fast I'm shaking haha I don't even remember what he had on. Ill post the pics wen I get home. I'm sticking around tonite so hopefully ill get more later on

Cool. Get some interviews with the folks who's been in! That's some live coverage:)

friday is not enough time...and people these days, in the states, do not pay attention anymore to who is touring. so it really is up to the band/label to successfully get the word out. Live Nation has been trying with the ads and billboards, now all that is needed is a TV appearance on a highly watched show like Letterman. Jimmy Kimmel was a disappointment since they didn't even mention morrissey was touring.

Morrissey gets an older crowd so MTV is not going to bother anymore. Not to mention it's hard to reach the late 20s, 30s, 40s demographic. Morrissey needed this to air before he started the east coast tour.

Thank You, Finally someone can see my point!

Got the Late Show newsletter via email today....it appears Moz will be on Friday's show:

Friday, June 29
Congressman Dennis Kucinich
Shia LeBeouf (Transformers)
Morrissey

Letterman rocks...what are you guys complaining about? What, you'd rather watch Jay Leno? He's terrible and fakes interest with his guests. At least Dave has some "soul".
I've never seen Letterman, except for short clips on TV and on youtube. Jay Leno I have seen...nothing special.

I'd always rather watch Conan O'Brien. :)

I've never seen Letterman, except for short clips on TV and on youtube. Jay Leno I have seen...nothing special.

I'd always rather watch Conan O'Brien. :)

ewwwwww conan o brien!?!?! he's the least funny of all of them.

so i just got back. mozzer and the band all walked out of the show on to the busses without stopping. moz turned and smiled and waved then got on.
i got 3 pics all together an as soon as i receive the email from my fone ill post them.
it didnt seem like there were any fans that went inside and there werent that many waiting outside with us. we caught a peak from outside(the side door was open)of the band and kristeen as they were goin on. the band all had matching suits on, very nice. kristeen had some balloon type outfit on.
as my friend an i were walking back to the train after, we walked up on 2 tour busses in front of a hotel, whats the luck right haha so we stopped for a min and what do you know but the whole band comes out of the hotel! they all waved an smiled boz seemed like he was goin to come over. he was really nice last time i met him. but yea so thats all the excitement. sorry folks.

That's some good stuff, Mr x. Thanks. I'm happy you had the chance to stand in/near his/their presence! This is just what I needed as solo is getting a tad nasty (the devil will find work for idle hands to do!!!) some of the people are getting bored and restless (even me!). Thank God Morrissey is back 'on tour' -let the frenzy begin (again)! Can't wait to see some pics soon!

so i just got back. mozzer and the band all walked out of the show on to the busses without stopping. moz turned and smiled and waved then got on.
i got 3 pics all together an as soon as i receive the email from my fone ill post them.
it didnt seem like there were any fans that went inside and there werent that many waiting outside with us. we caught a peak from outside(the side door was open)of the band and kristeen as they were goin on. the band all had matching suits on, very nice. kristeen had some balloon type outfit on.
as my friend an i were walking back to the train after, we walked up on 2 tour busses in front of a hotel, whats the luck right haha so we stopped for a min and what do you know but the whole band comes out of the hotel! they all waved an smiled boz seemed like he was goin to come over. he was really nice last time i met him. but yea so thats all the excitement. sorry folks.
coool! i am glad i did not go as they did not stop... but do tell... what hotel? i bet moz is staying at a different one. wonder which... hmmm.... might just have to crash some hotels....

it was a sheraton. .i dont remember what street cause we were just zigzaging streets. but it seemed like they were checking out cause they were loading up all there bags on the bus and it would make sense being that they are playing boston tomorrow. an after i post this im sure they prob wont stay at the same one hahaahaa

it was a sheraton. .i dont remember what street cause we were just zigzaging streets. but it seemed like they were checking out cause they were loading up all there bags on the bus and it would make sense being that they are playing boston tomorrow. an after i post this im sure they prob wont stay at the same one hahaahaa

i bet morrissey didn't stay at the sheraton lol. i stay at the sheraton...and i am a cheap student!!!!!!! does he stay at the same hotel as the band? i'd find it weird if he picked a more upper-class hotel for himself, while the band stays at a low budget, semen-crusted sheet (true story), continental breakfast hotel....

Sheraton New York costs $300 a night. you are one rich student.

I'm guessing you stayed at a Sheraton in less expensive cities...this one is located around Times Square. and the david letterman show probably makes hotel arrangements for guests

I'm guessing you stayed at a Sheraton in less expensive cities...this one is located around Times Square. and the david letterman show probably makes hotel arrangements for guests

oooh! ok!!!! yeah, i definitely did not pay nearly that much. i always wanted to go all out and stay at the ritz.....i bet morrissey stays at the ritz. he should invite me sometime...

$300 a night for NYC? That's cheap for NYC!

Some Sheratons are mediocre 3 star hotels in some cities, and in others, they can be 5 star hotels. Sheraton Hua Ting in Shanghai was a beautiful 5 star hotel when I went in the early 90s, but it still was not as nice as Mozzer's fave hotel chain. Unfortunately, the Hua Ting is now under domestic control; and predictably its reputation has gone downhill.

However nice the Sheraton is in NYC, I would be surprised to learn that Moz really is staying there; he hardly ever stays in the same hotel as th'Lads.

myself i like to nip off to the soho house whenever im feeling the smelly burn of the e.v. .

How exciting!!!! Thank you for sharing! :D Looking forward to your 3 photos. :D

I have been in the Ritz - of course I was much younger then, and only visiting someone, not staying there. Its nice, but for some reason I think of all the hotels I have seen in NY that Moz would stay at the Carlyle. Does anybody else think he would like that place? http://www.thecarlyle.com/

What hotel in ny do you think he would like best... given what we know of his taste and life and former homes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom