Movies you should see

Deliver Us From Evil, I might rent that, if its here @ the library :o
as for the other one, well, I spent most of my teen years living in O.C. & I hate Newport Beach :cool:
sorry, just seeing that evil city's name on the poster has totally turned me off seeing it :eek:

Deliver Us From Evil is available on Netflix. You can watch on demand on your computer. And most of the cases mentioned on the movie are from northern california, near you, so watch out, the priests there are out of control ;)

The Cove is about dolphins in Japan... Where did you see "Newport Beach"?

I think the Deliver Us From Evil documentary is incridible. Nominated for an oscar but lost it for Inconvenient Truth.
It's about how the Catholic church covered up hundreds of child rape cases in California.

And the priests are still all out there. Even though everybody knows who they are and what they are doing.
I can't believe people haven't talked about it since this documentary came out in 2006.
oh thats why it sounds familiar, I was kicked out of Catholic school about 30 years ago :eek:
this was after I accused a priest of trying to touch me, but I was already a noted "troublemaker" @ Bosco's :o
so they asked me to leave the school, the priest did not get in any trouble at all :mad:
my shrink traced my "ODD" back to this incident :straightface:
so yeah, maybe I should see this documentary, or maybe I shouldn't :confused:

oh thats why it sounds familiar, I was kicked out of Catholic school about 30 years ago :eek:
this was after I accused a priest of trying to touch me, but I was already a noted "troublemaker" @ Bosco's :o
so they asked me to leave the school, the priest did not get in any trouble at all :mad:
my shrink traced my "ODD" back to this incident :straightface:
so yeah, maybe I should see this documentary, or maybe I shouldn't :confused:

oh oh... sorry to hear that happened to you.
The documentary is about cases that started in the 70's, mostly about an Irish priest named Oliver O'Grady. The church would ask the families not to report to the police and would promise they would confine priest O'Grady to a monastery. But that was all lies, because the church would just put O'Grady on another church a few miles away. So they moved O'Grady over and over again.

Cardinal Roger Mahony, who apparently was responsible for Oliver O'Grady was supposedly dealing with sexual abuse allegations against 556 priests in his diocese.

When I started the thread I was hoping people would discuss the matters of the 2 movies I posted.
And now it's just about movies that people think are cool.

oh well

sorry to have helped along the derailment of your thread.

i watched deliver us from evil quite a while ago and i do remember it being very compelling and being really shocked that it hadn't caused more of an uproar. i might watch it again some time soon.

the cove i'd heard of but had avoided because i vaguely remember seeing some mention of graphic images including straight up dolphin murder. i don't think i'd like to watch that. can you tell me just how much of the film i'll have to watch through my fingers?

and since this thread is already f***ed

I recently watched "Exit Through The Gift Shop" - a film by Banksy. I wholeheartedly recommend it, if you are interested in art. Very interesting indeed.

i thought that was really good too. you should check out

F_for_Fake_poster.jpg

and if anyone hasn't seen either of those films and want to watch an amazing double bill, go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to have helped along the derailment of your thread.

i watched deliver us from evil quite a while ago and i do remember it being very compelling and being really shocked that it hadn't caused more of an uproar. i might watch it again some time soon.

the cove i'd heard of but had avoided because i vaguely remember seeing some mention of graphic images including straight up dolphin murder. i don't think i'd like to watch that. can you tell me just how much of the film i'll have to watch through my fingers?

Ah, it's not "my thread"... I was just hoping people would discuss that stuff.

The Cove was good. The scenes where you see violence against the dolphins are short, towards the end. It's mostly about the guy who used to take care of the dolphin that appeared on the TV series Flipper, and how he realized there was something wrong with how humans treated dolphins when Flipper committed suicide in his arms.

Then they go about setting up an operation to expose a town in Japan where they kills thousands of dolphins.

i'm illegally downloading it right now. i'll let you know what i think. probably something like "poor dolphins."

List of 2011 films, everyone on here should at least attempt to see when they are released...

Big Mommas: Like Mother, Like Son
Paul
X men First Class
Captain America
Thor
Pirates of the Caribbean 4
Battle: Los Angeles
Arthur
Scream 4
Your Highness
Apollo 18
Priest
Green Lantern
Super 8
Bad Teacher
Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2
Cowboys + Aliens
Piranha 3DD
Johnny English Reborn
The Thing Prequel

oh the usual propaganda.You and your idee fixe.So predictable...:sleeping:

Yes, I'm spreading the word of God.
I know it annoys you, but as a good Christian, I'll ask my pastor to pray for you and bless you with Supernatural Gold Dust:

Supernatural Gold Dust is the latest thing up here in Sexy Heaven.

I recently saw Tras El Cristal(In A Glass Cage), based on my wife's suggestion. I can't recommended it highly enough. This movie is really dark(a lot darker than something usually described that way), and it stays with you. Absolutely amazing.

Eric Rohmer"A Summer's Tale":

Fyodor Bondarchuk"The 9th Company"

Alain Corneau"All the mornings of the world"

Admit it. You're in love with me.
Specially now, with the sexy picture of me hanging out in sexy heaven.
Are you typing away from some mental health institution?

Back
Top Bottom