Moz is a Question mark

Sonny Jim

What would you ask Morrissey if you happened to meet him or found yourself in an interview with him?

I'd ask .. Do you think revenge is sweet... or is it bitter, or is revenge tasteless. Do you think revenge is tasteless?
I think he'd agree revenge is tasteless. I may also ask a few probing personal questions.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 01.36.00.png

Last edited:
why did you cancel nottingham,im baz from carlisle

Why are so many of your songs on the theme of freestyle skiing?

“Why?”

I am also available to answer questions for the next 15 or so minutes.

You have often said you are happier as a solo artist than you were in The Smiths. With that in mind, are you now glad that Johnny Marr brought the curtain down on the band in 1987 or do you still think he made a mistake in doing so?

You have often said you are happier as a solo artist than you were in The Smiths. With that in mind, are you now glad that Johnny Marr brought the curtain down on the band in 1987 or do you still think he made a mistake in doing so?
Here's how I think he'd respond to that:

Well, Johnny never made the decision to end The Smiths with my interests in mind, or the group's interests. He was only thinking about what was best for him. We had built something very powerful and very singular and very important but at the end of the day, other opportunities beckoned and he heeded them without any regard for what The Smiths had accomplished or indeed could still accomplish. Everything for him at that time became just Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. And so he lent his name and his ego to lesser artist's work, at my expense, and at The Smiths' expense, but his name wouldn't have meant anywhere near as much as it did to those artists if not for what we had achieved. And it has been that way ever since.

So yes I'm happier now because I've continued to work with strong musicians and I've continued to do whatever it is that I do, and it has continued to mean something to the people who listen to my music, and so I've been very successful, but I never intended to leave The Smiths to do it. So the fact that I was thrust into that situation and have thrived is really the only thing that I can reflect on or talk about with any certainty.

What would you ask Morrissey if you happened to meet him or found yourself in an interview with him?

I'd ask .. Do you think revenge is sweet... or is it bitter, or is revenge tasteless. Do you think revenge is tasteless?
I think he'd agree revenge is tasteless. I may also ask a few probing personal questions.

View attachment 93024

‘ALF RAMSEY'S REVENGE’

Here's how I think he'd respond to that:

Well, Johnny never made the decision to end The Smiths with my interests in mind, or the group's interests. He was only thinking about what was best for him. We had built something very powerful and very singular and very important but at the end of the day, other opportunities beckoned and he heeded them without any regard for what The Smiths had accomplished or indeed could still accomplish. Everything for him at that time became just Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. And so he lent his name and his ego to lesser artist's work, at my expense, and at The Smiths' expense, but his name wouldn't have meant anywhere near as much as it did to those artists if not for what we had achieved. And it has been that way ever since.

So yes I'm happier now because I've continued to work with strong musicians and I've continued to do whatever it is that I do, and it has continued to mean something to the people who listen to my music, and so I've been very successful, but I never intended to leave The Smiths to do it. So the fact that I was thrust into that situation and have thrived is really the only thing that I can reflect on or talk about with any certainty.
Very well done :clap:

In an ideal world, art would be the only revenge.
If it was personal, someone painted a portrait of another in a bad light, or stained their name in a song, art outlives people and it taints peoples perceptions. So no, I think its a really nasty form of revenge. Especially if its high profile or seen by others.

If it was personal, someone painted a portrait of another in a bad light, or stained their name in a song, art outlives people and it taints peoples perceptions. So no, I think its a really nasty form of revenge. Especially if its high profile or seen by others.
There are worse forms of revenge than art. That's all I was saying.

Back
Top Bottom