Moz is a Question mark

Well thank you very much 😊😊
I’m watching the chase, with a couple of Coors, trying to write a poem or two, so I’m having a lovely evening…… No morrissey on yet, as I’m still annoyed, that said I was listening to LIHSin the car earlier on, so this is why I haven’t calmed my little self down
Just yet😆😆

CAN WE GO SHOPPING MORRISSEY
IMG_0229.jpeg

I'd ask something along the lines of 'Have you ever, since your gigs in Moscow and Saint Petersburg in 2009, thought of coming back there to play?' (No 'Will you be playing there again?' because with everything going on... I guess not or very unlikely.)
And also what was up with all the fake scars in 1995 and this tough image in general, if this was only some Brighton Rock hommage or it was deeper than that.

I'd ask something along the lines of 'Have you ever, since your gigs in Moscow and Saint Petersburg in 2009, thought of coming back there to play?' (No 'Will you be playing there again?' because with everything going on... I guess not or very unlikely.)
And also what was up with all the fake scars in 1995 and this tough image in general, if this was only some Brighton Rock hommage or it was deeper than that.
I think it was the end of 2019 when he announced on Central that he was going to play in Russia, but then came 2020, and it was forgotten.

I think it was the end of 2019 when he announced on Central that he was going to play in Russia, but then came 2020, and it was forgotten.
Thank you, I think I remember seeing some news on this on some random website but I wondered if it was credible.

Here's how I think he'd respond to that:

Well, Johnny never made the decision to end The Smiths with my interests in mind, or the group's interests. He was only thinking about what was best for him. We had built something very powerful and very singular and very important but at the end of the day, other opportunities beckoned and he heeded them without any regard for what The Smiths had accomplished or indeed could still accomplish. Everything for him at that time became just Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. And so he lent his name and his ego to lesser artist's work, at my expense, and at The Smiths' expense, but his name wouldn't have meant anywhere near as much as it did to those artists if not for what we had achieved. And it has been that way ever since.

So yes I'm happier now because I've continued to work with strong musicians and I've continued to do whatever it is that I do, and it has continued to mean something to the people who listen to my music, and so I've been very successful, but I never intended to leave The Smiths to do it. So the fact that I was thrust into that situation and have thrived is really the only thing that I can reflect on or talk about with any certainty.
Here’s an interesting podcast that addresses the break up. Perhaps a bit more realistic take than yours.

"Do you think you have fulfilled yourself enough as a performer? And is there a line that you will not cross, so as not to exhaust yourself because of your own perfectionism?"

I'd ask Morrissey if he'd ever met someone that echoed a character or person in a song that he had previously written and how he reacted to it if he did.

I'd ask .. Do you think revenge is sweet... or is it bitter, or is revenge tasteless. Do you think revenge is tasteless?
I think he'd agree revenge is tasteless. I may also ask a few probing personal questions.
I'm sure you'd have other questions for him... If theres a good enough spread of questions on this thread, I'll compile them! But busy, stressful lives take heavy tolls on age and production. Interviews are often controlled settings, in the case of meeting another personally, what questions can be asked and what level of trust can help reveal answers?

What would you ask Morrissey if you happened to meet him or found yourself in an interview with him?

I'd ask .. Do you think revenge is sweet... or is it bitter, or is revenge tasteless. Do you think revenge is tasteless?
I think he'd agree revenge is tasteless. I may also ask a few probing personal questions.

View attachment 93024
Unusual, I think he'd pass that question :ROFLMAO: I would go safe and ask whats your favourite color?

Back
Top Bottom