Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see exactly what is happening. I don't blame him at all. You carry on Morrissey. You drink yourself stupid if you want to. You've never had the recognition you deserve. Drink drink drink and be ill tonight.

Nah, he needs to dry out and get his head screwed on right. Probably not going to happen? But it will make a tragic end to a biopic one day, which is probably what he wants.

yes, I remember him implying that there may have been other influences, though I thought that was within the industry. But contractual agreements also seemed an issue.

As far as a relationship between A and M? I don’t understand the connection, or full story as to how that a breakup may change her mind about being on the song. Of course we could imagine and speculate on such things until the cows come home.

What do you think @Mozzer1980 ? & do you believe this information provided by the anon?
Irony, does that mean anything to you?
;)

No Zoom, I don't believe it, why should I believe it?
This emoticon ( heart -eyes ) is an absurd response to an absurd post.
Get it ? 🙃

As for not releasing BoT, on the face of it it's obviously Morrissey's fault. Not necessarily him personally, his management... Well, the management. He records a song with Miley, and professionalism requires him to ask her label for permission. Has anyone from Morrissey asked for permission to release or publish this song at concerts? That's what I'm curious about?

Last edited:
Just to add - over the years many famous people have made Switzerland their home. Tina Turner, of course. Both Bowie and Iggy lived there for a while. Freddie Mercury. Aubrey Hepburn is buried there. As is Charles Chaplin. David Niven. Richard Burton. And in Zurich no less, you will find the grave of James Joyce, Ireland's most famous literary exile, set in rather majestic surroundings. Well worth a visit.

And to add to the list, Vladimir Nabokov lived out of a luxury hotel in Montreux for the last two decades of his life. Morrissey (also a genius who likes to live out of hotels) is in excellent company.

Actually Myalgic encephalomyelitis - known as M.E. - or sometimes as Chronic fatigue and immunity deficiency Syndrome - is not the same as Physical Exhaustion but is a distinct condition affecting multiple bodily systems, very often severely debilitating and lifelong, often following a relapsing and remitting pattern. While it invariably includes physical exhaustion as a symptom it is not the same as a diagnosis of Physical Exhaustion. The physical exhaustion is a necessary but not sufficient symptom for diagnosis of M.E. Very much hope Moz has not developed M.E. as it is hellish.
Granted, I wrote and/or, I wasn’t diagnosing per se. Physical exhaustion does cause decreased cognitive functions and impaired immune response, and obviously mental health issues wouldn’t bode well. While M.E is undoubtably hellish, managing symptoms does require a change in mind and lifestyle, let’s hope it isn’t C.F.S or M.E etc🤞

Last edited:
Actually Myalgic encephalomyelitis - known as M.E. - or sometimes as Chronic fatigue and immunity deficiency Syndrome - is not the same as Physical Exhaustion but is a distinct condition affecting multiple bodily systems, very often severely debilitating and lifelong, often following a relapsing and remitting pattern. While it invariably includes physical exhaustion as a symptom it is not the same as a diagnosis of Physical Exhaustion. The physical exhaustion is a necessary but not sufficient symptom for diagnosis of M.E. Very much hope Moz has not developed M.E. as it is hellish.
It is hellish. Fibromyalgia is even worse, though. Basically M.E. but with constant widespread pain.

sunday morning excuses.
hes a raging alcoholic.
vaping is to blame.
his flares are to blame.

god give me strength on a sunday morning.
I don’t make the speculation about alcoholism with any joy, nor an excuse. But I DO think it is an explanation

I wouldn't want him to have an Ollie Reed style car crash.

I wasn't implying anything btw - I really was at a memorial for an alcoholic folk singer. A relative used to be his roadie & gets irate about some of the myths that get told about him - but towards the end he was so drunk on stage that he would sing badly, forget words, not sing, fall over or not turn up at all... & he hasn't had any articles or biographies really gunning for him (though one was very unflattering & caused a bit of a stink).

Personally, I’ve never bought into the idea of Morrissey being an alcoholic. From where exactly are you getting your information? It seems very much out of the blue (the plane incident was one isolated incident).

And to add to the list, Vladimir Nabokov lived out of a luxury hotel in Montreux for the last two decades of his life. Morrissey (also a genius who likes to live out of hotels) is in excellent company.
Excellent company. And let's not forget Friedrich Nietzsche. Lived for many years in Switzerland and was hospitalised there for a while.

Personally, I’ve never bought into the idea of Morrissey being an alcoholic. From where exactly are you getting your information? It seems very much out of the blue (the plane incident was one isolated incident).
I don’t believe he’s an alcoholic either.

Now that everything's cancelled at least there can't be any further disappointments. Things are looking up!

I don’t make the speculation about alcoholism with any joy, nor an excuse. But I DO think it is an explanation
I do have to say, I think it's very unlikely Moz is an alcoholic. Most alcoholics are lucky to make it to 50, some die even younger, and the signs are usually very visible on the face. It's possible that he may be a 'problem drinker', perhaps drinking to relieve bouts of depression and then going through long periods where he doesn't drink at all. Also his diet by his own admission has always been very poor. Whereas Johnny Marr I can imagine eating alfalfa sprouts and organic humous. The other possibility is that there are some issues with prescription drugs - either benzodiazepines or pain killers. Prescription drugs can sometimes be the worst of all - the list of pop stars and movie stars affected by prescription drugs over the decades is too long. Songs like Something is Squeezing My Skull would suggest that Moz has experience of prescription drugs, and he has certainly been prescribed anti-depressants before. Disinhibited behaviour on aeroplanes is also very commonly related to a combination of alcohol, and sometimes only relatively small amounts of alcohol, and prescription drugs. A friend of mine used to take seroxat. Two pints was usually enough to make him start dancing on tables. He doesn't take seroxat any more, and two pints doesn't make him dance on tables any more.

I do have to say, I think it's very unlikely Moz is an alcoholic. Most alcoholics are lucky to make it to 50, some die even younger, and the signs are usually very visible on the face. It's possible that he may be a 'problem drinker', perhaps drinking to relieve bouts of depression and then going through long periods where he doesn't drink at all. Also his diet by his own admission has always been very poor. Whereas Johnny Marr I can imagine eating alfalfa sprouts and organic humous. The other possibility is that there are some issues with prescription drugs - either benzodiazepines or pain killers. Prescription drugs can sometimes be the worst of all - the list of pop stars and movie stars affected by prescription drugs over the decades is too long. Songs like Something is Squeezing My Skull would suggest that Moz has experience of prescription drugs, and he has certainly been prescribed anti-depressants before. Disinhibited behaviour on aeroplanes is also very commonly related to a combination of alcohol, and sometimes only relatively small amounts of alcohol, and prescription drugs. A friend of mine used to take seroxat. Two pints was usually enough to make him start dancing on tables. He doesn't take seroxat any more, and two pints doesn't make him dance on tables any more.
My father died of alcoholism. I don't think Moz is a severe alcoholic, but he probably is an occasional drinker like you said

No Zoom, I don't believe it, why should I believe it?
This emoticon ( heart -eyes ) is an absurd response to an absurd post.
Get it ? 🙃
(y) Ok I got ya! I thought you ‘loved’ the post so may have agreed with it? And was trying to understand why anyone would.
As for not releasing BoT, on the face of it it's obviously Morrissey's fault. Not necessarily him personally, his management... Well, the management. He records a song with Miley, and professionalism requires him to ask her label for permission.
Yes agree. That’s what happened it seems.
Has anyone from Morrissey asked for permission to release or publish this song at concerts? That's what I'm curious about?

I don’t think one needs permission if they are using a sample live, if that’s what you’re asking. I guess google may have an answer for that. But I’m too lazy at the moment.

Yeah, but probably one of those ‘awful’ tax evaders too!

Alcoholism doesn't always start in your youth. My dear departed mum was an alcoholic but her issues with alcohol, didn't really surface until she was in her 50's. Through most her life she was able to drink normally but by 63 she recognized the her drinking was now a problem and she lived the last decade of her life alcohol free. It's a common misconception that people are always alcoholic 'right out of the gate.' For many people it's a creeping disease that takes hold slowly and over time.

In many ways it's a more dangerous form of alcoholism in that sneaks up on you almost without noticing. I have a friend who I can see this happening to right now, he is in his mid forties and his drinking has really only become problematic in the past 2-3 years. I'm getting ready to have 'the talk' with him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom