Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
M.E. also involves constant widespread pain. There are similarities between the conditions as you saying and
both can involve excessive and long-lasting pain all over the body.
I have family members and friends who have M.E. and it causes many nasty symptoms but none of them have chronic pain. Chronic pain is more associated with fibro. They often muddle up diagnoses of the two. Both are debilitating.

He just needs to stop this - his body, his mind or both aren’t up to it. His gig tickets have been like lottery tickets for years now.

Anybody not insuring the purchases and getting cancellable accommodation for anything involving him these days needs their head testing.

I do feel for anyone who’s lost out but bloody hell how many warnings do you need?

Get well soon, obviously, but to be honest I’m kind of stunned that venues and promoters still work with him. Would be interested to know if anyone’s worked out the percentage of cancellations to announced gigs from recent years. It’s clearly an outrageously large number - feels to me like at least a third.

Morrissey can still light up the room brighter than any star in Hollywood !
Been around some real legit big time performers, serving them dinners and drinks and none of them have the same effect on the crowd like Morrissey does...not one of them. All of L.A. would buzz with news of a Morrissey show in the old days, right up to just a few years back. Morrissey on stage, new tour of America in "24", that's why we're all here..right? T.C.M.👍

The OP posted this story at 8:07pm Friday 26th.
The Mexican promoter Ocesa tweeted their statement at 8:13pm.
Promoters Move Concerts confirmed Peru (tweeted at 8:06pm) and Argentina (8:13pm) quoting that the entire South American tour had been cancelled whilst mentioning their own venues (their header: "Morrissey Cancels His Tour In Latin America").
The 'Pogopedia' post quoted here was at 8:16pm - which was using the same DK source whilst adding in the promoter details re: all concerts and had obviously seen the official venue posts - exactly like "we" did.
Bogotá made their gig ticket site a '404' page just after 8:00pm and a similar 'brown' announcement followed and circulated at about 8:37pm.
Santiago, Chile - speculation re: gig was off prior to 9pm - then same information and stating all South American were cancelled after 9pm.
Brazil was slower to post 'brown' cancellation images, but I'm pretty certain "South America" covers Brazil.
The OP was updated at 9.50pm with 'Mexico' info. in that original thread an anon observes (at 10:33pm) that (according to "this very website") all SA gigs were cancelled - yes, as it was all already known at that point 👏🙄👏.
The promoters/venues issuing comments about the entire tour being cancelled and using DK's quote as part of that in their announcements is pretty hard and fast confirmation in an official way that the gigs are not happening. In all my years of covering this type of thing, not one venue has ever observed Morrissey turning up to do a gig after they've announced it's cancelled. 🙄
"We" had all types of tip-offs, rumours and people mentioning cancellations. The only time the word 'all' was used, however, was through seeing the promotors and venues confirm said.
There was no gun jumping. The only thing not done was linking to 7 different venue responses across various socials - something, historically, that happens in thread and by users here 'as it happens'.
Can't be bothered to type further.
FWD.

The OP posted this story at 8:07pm Friday 26th.
The Mexican promoter Ocesa tweeted their statement at 8:13pm.
Promoters Move Concerts confirmed Peru (tweeted at 8:06pm) and Argentina (8:13pm) quoting that the entire South American tour had been cancelled whilst mentioning their own venues (their header: "Morrissey Cancels His Tour In Latin America").
The 'Pogopedia' post quoted here was at 8:16pm - which was using the same DK source whilst adding in the promoter details re: all concerts and had obviously seen the official venue posts - exactly like "we" did.
Bogotá made their gig ticket site a '404' page just after 8:00pm and a similar 'brown' announcement followed and circulated at about 8:37pm.
Santiago, Chile - speculation re: gig was off prior to 9pm - then same information and stating all South American were cancelled after 9pm.
Brazil was slower to post 'brown' cancellation images, but I'm pretty certain "South America" covers Brazil.
The OP was updated at 9.50pm with 'Mexico' info. in that original thread an anon observes (at 10:33pm) that (according to "this very website") all SA gigs were cancelled - yes, as it was all already known at that point 👏🙄👏.
The promoters/venues issuing comments about the entire tour being cancelled and using DK's quote as part of that in their announcements is pretty hard and fast confirmation in an official way that the gigs are not happening. In all my years of covering this type of thing, not one venue has ever observed Morrissey turning up to do a gig after they've announced it's cancelled. 🙄
"We" had all types of tip-offs, rumours and people mentioning cancellations. The only time the word 'all' was used, however, was through seeing the promotors and venues confirm said.
There was no gun jumping. The only thing not done was linking to 7 different venues responses across various socials - something, historically, that happens in thread and by users here 'as it happens'.
Can't be bothered to type further.
FWD.
In all my years of covering this type of thing, not one venue has ever announced Morrissey turning up to do a gig after they've announced it's cancelled. 🙄

:lbf:

The conplaints here are obnoxious, I think most people here know you are a very precise person. I also saw the announcement that said 'all' gigs were canceled, if someone bothers to look rather than make false accusations, they can find them.

Last edited:
My spiritual side, as a doctor, wants Morrissey to be well, to get better, to have no mental suffering or physical pain. My materialistic part is as a fan, and I'm upset, very upset, not because Morrissey doesn't come to my country Argentina, but because of the lack of empathy, the indifference and I would almost say the lack of respect for not publishing a statement in his own handwriting, a brief message at least, so that the fans know that he feels a 1% gratitude for those of us who bet on an artist like buying tickets for his shows. Morrissey doesn't have me or doesn't take us into account at all, we're like shit to him, he doesn't take into account how much we can love him or how much we care about his health, his career, how bad he was when his mother died... I always defended him, but today I feel contempt from him towards me, and his fans. I hope if you can't write something now, you'll do it later and show me that you have a minimal interest Morrissey

Moz has lost the person he loves most, thinks he's been viciously canceled, can't get a recording contract, thinks many friends and fans have betrayed him, and is spiraling downwards in a painfully obvious fashion, and many of you guys are still manufacturing excuses and pretending it isn't happening. Wow. Too busy genuflecting at the altar of celebrity culture to open your eyes I guess.

I've read enough nonsense from some here... who speak without knowing.... That Morrissey is an alcoholic!! They know very little of Morrissey's life.. if Morrissey were an alcoholic he would have died long ago.. No one can be sure what is happening to him... But they persist with wickedness judging him. Evil is from frustrated, unhappy, mediocre and envious people. Let him recover. I still love you Moz I know something is happening to you and I wish you the best. I send you LOVE

I've read enough nonsense from some here... who speak without knowing.... That Morrissey is an alcoholic!! They know very little of Morrissey's life.. if Morrissey were an alcoholic he would have died long ago.. No one can be sure what is happening to him... But they persist with wickedness judging him. Evil is from frustrated, unhappy, mediocre and envious people. Let him recover. I still love you Moz I know something is happening to you and I wish you the best. I send you LOVE
:lbf: :lbf: :lbf: :lbf: :lbf: :lbf:

Manchester evening news have used the word "hospitalised" in their headline. Clickbait most likely or they know something we don't.

I don’t believe he’s an alcoholic either.
neither do i ,this started with skinny years ago when everytime M posted something on central the first thing skinfkint would say was hes drunk,the more you say something then eventually it will catch on and the hoarde mentality goes with it and thats whats happened here.
noel gallagher said he likes a drink but bono was a real hard boozer,does that mean bonos an alcoholic as well.

neither do i ,this started with skinny years ago when everytime M posted something on central the first thing skinfkint would say was hes drunk,the more you say something then eventually it will catch on and the hoarde mentality goes with it and thats whats happened here.
noel gallagher said he likes a drink but bono was a real hard boozer,does that mean bonos an alcoholic as well.
Ok then that certain people are not stupid and stop repeating stupid things that the skinny guy says... . Find out what the conceptual term alcoholism means, and then see if that's compatible with Morrissey, those people who talk without knowing Morrissey are truculent, untrustworthy, and....... etc etc

Ach Lujan, why aren't all the "old" fans so heart-warmingly, unconditionally, almost uncritically, still in love with Morrissey? Why is that? He deserves a million fans who are like you. At least.

I'm half expecting the next post on Central to be an announcement of 3 nights at Wembley Stadium in July, for a "unique global event" celebrating the 10th anniversary of World Peace Is None of Your Business...

Back
Top Bottom