Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He treats us like paychecks. Anyone who thinks he cares is a joke. So. He treats me like crap. I treat him like the hired help. Singer singer man. Sing. I buy all my Morrissey albums used so he doesn’t get my cash. I haven’t bought anything since ringleaders as it is garbage.

Sing old man. Sing. Sing for your paycheck. We don’t respect each other. You care a good tune. You wrote some songs 30 years ago that were great. So sing them. Now.

He treats us like paychecks. Anyone who thinks he cares is a joke. So. He treats me like crap. I treat him like the hired help. Singer singer man. Sing. I buy all my Morrissey albums used so he doesn’t get my cash. I haven’t bought anything since ringleaders as it is garbage.

Sing old man. Sing. Sing for your paycheck. We don’t respect each other. You care a good tune. You wrote some songs 30 years ago that were great. So sing them. Now.

:clap:

It is very similar to what he did in 1995. He left the Bowie tour . He was fed up with the tour , left the venue one hour before his gig saying he wanted to see his Mum and was rushed to a London hospital ( psychiatric ward apparently).

Depression is physical. But, at his age, he's probably been told it's malingering at least once. Even the Guardian !!! wrote in a review that it was self-pity.
Sure, depression can be physical, but that’s not the main thing. A bit weird to put “physical exhaustion” if it’s in fact depression. Why not just put Exhaustion and leave out the adjective.

Some of these comments are beyond.
Disgraceful behaviour of so-called fans.

Get well Morrissey xx
For all the deniers here:

Who booked gigs in Nottingham, Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, California? Did fans force Morrissey to announce them?

Did any fan book trips and hotels without any official confirmation of gigs ? Or have some of us responded to official information (ticket sellers, venues) in the way we were expected to (i.e. planning attending the gigs that were announced)?

Given all that, did Morrissey respect the fans? I think lying about disesases (dengue), cancelling gigs without valid reasons (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) or even not being in the country as the gigs were about to happen are just examples of major disregard for fans. A truly unnaceptable behavior. If he was indeed sick no-one would complain. But the lie in Mexico and later behavior cast doubt over any excuse. How can you trust anything when you see him enjoying Paris a few days before cancelling gigs in US and Latin America?

The past months have been a shame. This was a lesson to us all. He is a terrible person who simply doesn't care, plain and simple. Look at how he has treated Marr (and Boz and White?). Look at what he has done to fans. Some may deny all you want, blame those who believed what was promised to them, but the fact is that at some point in time people abandon him and no-one seems to look back. That tells us something.

Last edited:
Nice - get the excuse in early this time to cancel South America.

Can't play live, can't release albums - I think it's time for a LOOOONG break (ie the rest of 2024), and Moz to strongly consider his options: 1) fire everyone currently involved in his operations, and plan a comeback with a new band, new material, and (crucially) a new attitude to work hard and win his fans back, or 2) retire, put his feet up, and relax for whatever time he has left.
He should go for #2. It would just save us a lot of time and money.

For all the deniers here:

Who booked gigs in Nottingham, Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, California? Did fans force Morrissey to announce them?

Did any fan book trips and hotels without any official confirmation of gigs ? Or have some of us responded to official information (ticket sellers, official confirmation of gigs) in the way we were expected to (i.e. planning attending the gigs that were announced)?

Given all that, did Morrissey respect the fans? I think lying about disesases (dengue), cancelling gigs without valid reasons (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) or even not being in the country as the gigs were about to happen are just examples of major disregard for fans. A truly unnaceptable behavior. If he was indeed sick no-one would complain. But the lie in Mexico and later behavior cast doubt over any excuse. How can you trust anything when you see him enjoying Paris a few days before cancelling gigs in US and Latin America?

The past months have been a shame. This was a lesson to us all. He is a terrible person who simply doesn't care, plain and simple. Look at how he has treated Marr (and Boz and White?). Look at what he has done to fans. Some may deny all you want, blame those who believed what was promised to them, but the fact is that at some point in time people abandon him and no-one seems to look back. That tells us something.
He is a terrible person.

When the guy bags my groceries I say thank you. I don’t know him. He does a job.

When morrissey sings a song I clap. I don’t know him. He does a job.

If either don’t do the job they risk losing their job. The bagger gets fired. The singer loses record deals

Agree. Stay. Please stay. In Zurich. PS. I’ll be he is at the Sunset Marquis. I’m staying there in a few weeks. Plan to walk the back walkways to the villas. To find out.

He is a terrible person.

When the guy bags my groceries I say thank you. I don’t know him. He does a job.

When morrissey sings a song I clap. I don’t know him. He does a job.

If either don’t do the job they risk losing their job. The bagger gets fired. The singer loses record deals

:clap:

Sure, depression can be physical, but that’s not the main thing. A bit weird to put “physical exhaustion” if it’s in fact depression. Why not just put Exhaustion and leave out the adjective.

If it's a euphemism - then it'll be because DK doesn't want to put the exact problem in the post.

Or can't, because he doesn't know it.

right? If he retired, then it wouldn’t force you
into the terrible predicament of having to make your own grownup choices ( I know it’s tough!) as to how you spend your money and your time.

More like the boy with a thorn in his side.
I think I read he had canceled 200+ gigs. Like 20% as a solo artist. That is outrageous. And he never says anything to his fans. He is all “artistic” about it. And just ignores the paying fans. He says the record companies did this or that. Then emails show the opposite. He is a LIAR, Manipulating jerk. I love that Marr is out there. Doing his thing. Being “normal”. Weirdo morrissey types hate Marr. But Marr has a loving family. Fans who really appreciate him. Moz fans laugh at his singing. But you know what? He serves his fans. And the fans love it. It’s. Not. That. Hard.

If it's a euphemism - then it'll be because DK doesn't want to put the exact problem in the post.

Or can't, because he doesn't know it.
Yes, but why specify physical if it’s indeed first and foremost a mental health issue?

Fake news

“The purpose of vaccination is to decrease the severity of diseases,” explained University of Tokyo virologist Kei Sato in JAMA. “Many people think that the purpose of vaccination is to prevent infection, but this is wrong.”

In 2021 that statement would be grounds for arrest, extraordinary rendition, and bans from government-sponsored social media.

Back
Top Bottom