Right, now that all ROTT b-sides are in your favorite new song / new cover is?

Right, now that all ROTT b-sides are in your favorite new song / new cover is?

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
WowMoz.jpg

Christian Dior is by far the best b-side...though I wouldn't be saying that if Morrissey would stop being lazy and just release "Children In Pieces"...

Tough choice between "Ganglord" and "Sweetie Pie"

Ganglord is a powerful piece of music but I'm not really liking the lyrics that much.
Christian Dior boasts some fine poetic lyrics set to a lovely piece of music. Who could ask for more?

Of these it's "Good Looking Man About Town" that it's the best one and it's a plain Moz song. However I have to admit that he have tried some fresh new stuff and "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me" is good allthough it lacks some at the lyric front i still ahve to give him some cred. "Sweetie Pie" is also a new try but everything cannot succeed when experimenting, this might be considered a "Kill Uncle" track in some years.

"Christian Dior" is also very good but certainly not an alum track nor a track that would fit into it's context. "Ganglord" has the albums mood but would be hard to place together with the other tracks in a satisfying way.

"I Knew I Was Next" could have been much more interesting but especially the music drags it down a bit, with some work this would have been a certain album track and maybe even a single, not at it's current state though.

Never took the covers in consideration, don't see it as a fair fight for them to compete since they are to master works.

My choice:
1) Good Looking Man About Town
2) If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
3) Christian Dior
4) I Knew I Was Next
5) Ganglord
6) Sweetie Pie

By the way, The Homosexers are currently working on our own lyrics for "Children in Pieces".

I like 'Ganglord' too. Does anyone else think the lines below don't quite fit? And if they do fit...would you explain it to me because they strike me as incongruous given the context of the song?

Ganglord, there's a clock on the wall
Making fun of us all
And it makes a joke of us all

I like 'Ganglord' too. Does anyone else think the lines below don't quite fit? And if they do fit...would you explain it to me because they strike me as incongruous given the context of the song?

Making fun of us all
And it makes a joke of us all

The thing that hits me when I read this quote is Michael Corleone's (right? god, embarrasing, Al pacino anyway) transformation and finaly towards the dinal, death.

Edit.
Atleast i don't get the feeling he's talking about some lowlife crook but some respected, gentleman mafioso. YATQ sleeve/title, ruffians and all.

Last edited:
Ive picked Sweetie Pie but If You Dont Like Me..... Is a very close 2nd

Sweetie-pie!!! And i am not just saying this because it is the recent. This song has something all the other b-sides lack--aura. Not to mention i love its atmosphere. Ganglord is ok but I really don't care for the lyrics/storyline. Christian Dior would come in at number two, though the lyrics stumble at points. Sweetie-pie has great atmosphere, with good lyrics that are universal and don't stumble, delivered in a great way. How many of these b-sides could say the same thing?

I'm happy morrissey is still pushing the envelope while still being morrissey. I notice in the download section a bunch of people putting the song down. why is it they are all relatively new posters with double digit post counts. It's obvious they are all either Mike Joyce, or Mike Joyce supporters (I hope no one takes me too seriously). Something is up when you have so many recent posters saying the same thing, "this is the worst song ever". One after another. I just can't believe most of them. Who are these people?

I LOVE song from under the floorboard, but I knew I was next is very very close.

when you've been slapped around then one more slap won't hurt you-oooo

a song from under the floorboards. altho ganglord is very close behind

I haven't heard "Christian Dior" or "Sweetie-Pie" yet, but from the rest of the b-sides, I'd go with "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me," with "Good Looking Man About Town" a close second for the closing lyrics:

The dream is sand in my hands
The dream becomes sand in my hands.

I think "I knew I was next" is grossly underrated. Lyrically I prefer it to Ganglord, If you don't like me, and Sweetie Pie.

...with "Good Looking Man About Town" a close second for the closing lyrics:

The dream is sand in my hands
The dream becomes sand in my hands.

I like the Middle Eastern influence,
the belly-dancer qualities of the music,
these closing lines you've quoted, and more! :D

I'm happy morrissey is still pushing the envelope while still being morrissey. I notice in the download section a bunch of people putting the song down. why is it they are all relatively new posters with double digit post counts. It's obvious they are all either Mike Joyce, or Mike Joyce supporters (I hope no one takes me too seriously). Something is up when you have so many recent posters saying the same thing, "this is the worst song ever". One after another. I just can't believe most of them. Who are these people?
Take it easy...You don't have to fight for the title all the time! ;)

Back
Top Bottom