What do you think Morrissey would do.....

Exactly. Rats are beautiful creatures. I have a rat companion, it is adorable. They are so sweet and intelligent, amusing to watch. It is very good company. Why would anyone want to harm one of these wonderful creatures? They are adorable.

Yeah they do seem to enjoy the company of humans - the ones that don't harm them.
I have thought of getting one, but I am afraid that if I had to travel, no one would want to take care of it while I was gone.
What do you do? Take it with you?

PS: You have never eaten a peach? Why not? They are smooth like velvet and taste wonderful.

i really do love a good pear. they have to be just at the right level of ripeness, though.

if you get a hard one you're f***ed (and you end up with teeth like granny smith).

i really do love a good pear. they have to be just at the right level of ripeness, though.

if you get a hard one you're f***ed (and you end up with teeth like granny smith).

Does anyone here like plums? they are my favorite, along with nectarines. In California, you can buy a fruit which is the genetic cross between a plum and an apricot (another fantastic fruit) which is called a "pluot".

As for staying on topic, the appropriate thing to do would be for Morrissey to get rid of (as in kill) his nits. They are harmful to health if scratched and the surface of the scalp is broken. As far as animal cruelty is concerned, one shouldn't harm an animal if it isn't harming you, but that isn't the case with lice.

hehehe -- this topis is hilarious. I wonder if Moz's lawyers are going to come back with "please cease and desist any discussion of Morrissey's head lice"

I like plums, there is nothing quite like the feeling of having a juicy plum in one's mouth. I make a point of consuming them every day; the plum cradled gently in my palm as I let it fill my mouth. Mmm.

hmm... are we talking about the same thing? :eek:

sorry, my mind is in the gutter obviously.

Lilykoki, Imanathan,

I'm not entirely sure what you're both trying to achieve, why you dislike me so much, or what part of my comments on animals rights have led you to compare me to the Bush administration (I'm really quite pissed at the moment and can't really see the logic,but hey, that's wine for you) let me clarify. My whole point on animal rights is that it isn't black and white, that you can't deal in absolutes (only a sith would do that) and that there is always more than one side to any story.

I don't understand how you could be so fncking moronic on a base level that you wouldn't get that, based on my comments on this forum.

Basically what you must have done is read my comments, disagreed with them because they didn't fit w ith your exact belief structure and then re-written them inside your own heads, before replying to your own (made up) version of events. I can't even be arsed picking holes in your arguements because if anybody with any degree of intelligence happens upon these pages they will blatantly see the stupidity in your arguements, if not then there is no point in typing out the f***ing obvious anyway.

The one question that I would direct to you, which addresses your incredibly niaive idealistic world view is - How is wearing leather shoes any more acceptable than culling seals for economic reasons?

I'm too tired to continue typing out resonses to you, you don't listen anyway, but remember we are all animals, and just because one animal (say a seal) is more asthetically pleasing than another (say a cow), doesn't mean that different rules should apply. That would be amoral.

I really hope that you are in your teenage years, if so, your f***wittery is based purely on youthful folly. If not you are the type of grade A nobwit that acually believes that the problem of animal cruelty could be solved with the injury or death of the scientists involved. Open your eyes and realise that the world around you is bigger and more consequential than the effects that directly occur within your life. Realise that Morrissey is a mis-educated wrong-head and that existence is not nearly as simple as you think it is.

Open your mind, and shut you mouth for a moment, you might learn something that's worth knowing.

Why, what did you have planned? I love controversy.

I've just watched the video that either Inathan or Likillo posted in another thread about Fois Gras farming. It's horrific.

I think I'll mainly be trying (but probably failing) to explain to them, that this is no different to ripping the skin off the back off cows to make their shoes. I mean REALLY, what did they think they did, humanely remove the skins of cows that died of natural causes. What a bunch of fnckwits.

I can't even watch such videos any more. I know the reality, I just prefer not to upset myself by watching it any more. I myself avoid hypocrisy. I no longer buy leather, nor do I buy products tested on animals or anything else which endorses cruelty. My principles annoy people but I can live with that.

Jo,

You stick to your ideals, that is commendable, whether I agree with them or not. Some of the people that have had a go at me on these threads seems to have done so purely because I have shown them up to be hypocrites.

Keep doing whatever keeps you going.

Have a good evening.

NEWFLASH!!!!!

WHAT YOU SHOULD ALL REALLY BE WORRIED ABOUT!

Yes the video about fois gras was disturbing and played on the emotions by showing the feet of slaughtered birds twitching..... however Republicans were, earlier today, trying to vilify Michael J Fox for going on camera, with full on Parkinson's twitches, and saying that stem cell research is a good idea. FOR CHRIST'S SAKES pull your head out of your asses and see that this is more important than tortured animals. The Fox is the same species as us and yet it is ok for him to suffer unaided?????

Shame on you eco-warriors, shame on you.

that's it - I am not wasting one more second reading cutestorys posts. that person is rude, stupid and pathetic. good bye.

I agree with you on the Bush thing.

But I do not agree that it fair to get rid of pests if it means killing them. I don't even agree that it is fair for us to call other living beings pests. I think the human race is the biggest pest on this earth. Rats are very nice and intellligent animals. And what's wrong with frogs? What harm do they do?

I agree with the line in bold 100%.

Rats are very intelligent creatures and I'm glad that they exist but I certainly don't want them living in my house, same goes for roaches and other undesired/unwelcomed animals......I want them in the wild not around me!
I have lived with an acute OCD condition for years, so to me keeping a spotless house free of "pests" is escenssial to my well-being......SOrry, but as much as I love animals.....these kind of animals are not welcome in my place.....they are a sign of bad maintainence and filth....which is not tolerated in my life. [ I didn't ask to be OCD] The good thing is that I've never actually had either rats or roaches, so my conscience is clear....I've never had to call the animal genocide mobile [pest control]

The thing with FROGS is an extremely complicated issue with me that goes back to my prepubesent years.......I just dont' like them, they are creepy little creatures who hate me. They tormented me for years, they would come after me all the time, appearing everywhere!!! I lived out in the country so I basically had to put up with them all the time.....they'd be in our vegetable crops, our garden, our lawn in the evenings.....I will never forget those years. I suffered tremendous amounts of fear because of these animals.....I dont' wish them ill, but I do want them as far away from me as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day I was literally attacked by them....I was stuck in the middle of the lawn at 2AM completely sorrounded by dozens of them, all staring right at me and hopping closer and closer each time I took a step......really scary episode. I used to check under my bed every night before going to bed just to make sure that a frog hadn't snuck in and was waiting for me to fall asleep so that it could hop onto my bed and kill me.....I didn't want to be found dead the next morning with a frog stuck in my throat.
Toads are scarier!

LOL at the frog story. Sorry I know OCD can be really bad and not funny at all, but just couldn't help laughing.
I personally find frogs to be really cute animals. The other day I found one that had somehow found it's way onto the train station, so I picked it up and put it back into the bushes.

I understand about fears, I really do. I just personally fear people more than animals. But surely, if there was a way for you to get rid of rats and such without killing them, you would do that right?

On the subject of rats... truly the most adorable animals ever. We have two, and they make great pets. I prefer the company of my rats to that of many human beings. They're just so much smarter than certain people I know.

You like rats, prefer their company to humans and you managed to get a Morrissey reference into the post. My admiration for you has just gone up by about 1000 points!

If it's gone UP... then there must have been some there in the first place already. :D

I've never used an 'ignore user' function in my life before - but let me tell you it's really neat. I made cutestory and his obnoxious blabla vanish from the face of my cyberworld forever :p ahhh - I knew cyberspace is a good place after all! if only there was such a funtion in real life:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom