What was Morrissey trying to do...

Re: What was Morrissey

Hard , cold and bitter ? Have you never looked back and wondered ? This album contains some of the most advanced musical arrangements on any 'pop' album released released during those (darker) years.

And for those that could not see nor play, well those people really missed exactly how the band - much maligned - were fighting and enjoying every moment of life with Morrissey.

You only had to see them live on Jools Holland to witness how great they all were in those days (clad in expensive cloth suits.) The Boy Racer, Do Your Best and Don't Worry and Reader Meet Author were perhaps 'typical' pop tunes, however, the arrangements for Southpaw and The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils at 11mins15secs were outstanding then and remain completely outstanding today.

Infact, that album sounds just as good now as it did back then, however, being a music critic is the easiest thing in the world to be and it had a few critics. There's so much more to that album than dagenham and dagenham dave !

Strawberry.

Re: What was Morrissey

Hard , cold and bitter ? Have you never looked back and wondered ? This album contains some of the most advanced musical arrangements on any 'pop' album released released during those (darker) years.

And for those that could not see nor play, well those people really missed exactly how the band - much maligned - were fighting and enjoying every moment of life with Morrissey.

You only had to see them live on Jools Holland to witness how great they all were in those days (clad in expensive cloth suits.) The Boy Racer, Do Your Best and Don't Worry and Reader Meet Author were perhaps 'typical' pop tunes, however, the arrangements for Southpaw and The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils at 11mins15secs were outstanding then and remain completely outstanding today.

Infact, that album sounds just as good now as it did back then, however, being a music critic is the easiest thing in the world to be and it had a few critics. There's so much more to that album than dagenham and dagenham dave !

Strawberry.
I didn't say the album was bad. Saying that a work of art is hard, cold and bitter doesn't mean it lacks quality. Many great books, movies and records could be described with those words (many of them were meant to be that way). It's just the reason that I find it difficult to listen to, or difficult to love as much as I love some other of his albums.

DagenhamDave, Southpaw, BoyRacer and TheOperation are all on my mp3 player. But nothing from V&I -I don't have a CD version to rip. I would like to get WhyDon'tYouFindOutForYself.. by TheKillers.

Back
Top Bottom