Who would be a good person to interview Morrissey now?

I had the same thought yesterday, re Nick Cave. (Never really cared for his music, but his mind is fascinating.)

I've said it before on here, but Louis Theroux would be so, so interesting for this job.

And a long shot, but: JK Rowling.

I think we had this question before. I nominated Russell Brand. They've both gone loony (Morrissey mildly, Brand wildly) since the 2009 interview, itself a good one, and I think in a new encounter they could potentially feed off each other's socio-political craziness. You'd have a good chance of it going into "Alice-Walker-endorsing-David-Icke" territory for one if not the both of them. But really, anyone outside the Dodwell/Rayner axis would be a blessing.

Second choice: Johnny Marr.

I had the same thought yesterday, re Nick Cave. (Never really cared for his music, but his mind is fascinating.)

I've said it before on here, but Louis Theroux would be so, so interesting for this job.

And a long shot, but: JK Rowling.
Louis would be great.

Ah, apologies for going over old ground - relative newbie here! Yes, I just wish M would agree to be interviewed by someone who is equally sharp, able to engage intellectually without laying elephant traps or being overly sycophantic. The Brand interview is hilarious.
I think we had this question before. I nominated Russell Brand. They've both gone loony (Morrissey mildly, Brand wildly) since the 2009 interview, itself a good one, and I think in a new encounter they could potentially feed off each other's socio-political craziness. You'd have a good chance of it going into "Alice-Walker-endorsing-David-Icke" territory for one if not the both of them. But really, anyone outside the Dodwell/Rayner axis would be a blessing.

Second choice: Johnny Marr.

He would be amazing.
Lorraine Kelly would be wonderful 👗 Failing that then fellow Urmston born Matthew Kelly. Then he could tell Matthew, Tonight Matthew I'm going to be Morrissey :sweet:

There are a number of people Moz should feel confident giving interviews to. Several good names suggested here.

john oliver would be cool. dont know about his audience but i think he would give a good interview

D.J.Taylor, literary writer and fan of various indie bands, including The Smiths.

Any proper journalist will suffice, these days.

Back
Top Bottom