"World Peace..." enters US Billboard Album Chart at #14 (updated)

Re: US Billboard Chart. Weird Al takes #1 - "World Peace in at 18 to 20

You realise how difficult it must be to make money in the music business now on album sales alone, when Morrissey sells such a relatively small amount and given how great the album is and all the great reviews.
If you want to survive you have to tour.

I'd have to ask people 3,000 kilometres away in Newfoundland where seal hunting occurs to find that out.
Well i live a lot further away that that & its a fair assumption to say more seals will be executed in a national seal hunt than units of the album selling. Most things are out of the populations hands in this world thanks to greedy rule-making corporate criminals.

Maybe if there were more like yourself & if they actually stood up to the likes of Gail shea & her greedy elderlings, it would be a different situation.

She says local people depend on it for a living, but she gets a lot more than the locals out of it . Nobody stands up anywhere for their human rights & if they try they get ambushed by armed coppers "& "peacekeepers" 'Tis the way of things unfortunately.

Why are you's lot on here when you's could be out promoting records, you's all seem very talented

^^^^^
We were figuring top 10 possibly...he came in at 14...seems to have missed it by 8,000...a rather large difference. Wonder if finishing the U.S. tour and doing some TV and print media and radio interviews would have moved that many units. I wonder what YOR sold in its first week.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Years_Of_Refusal

I do truly believe that, had he finished the U.S. tour and done a couple late night appearances, the album would’ve made top 10 in the U.S. Especially in this day and age where less and less people buy albums, promotion is key. But like I said above, it is what it is. To my ears he put out an excellent album and I hope he’s well and I hope I have a chance to see some of these songs played live.

I do truly believe that, had he finished the U.S. tour and done a couple late night appearances, the album would’ve made top 10 in the U.S. Especially in this day and age where less and less people buy albums, promotion is key. But like I said above, it is what it is. To my ears he put out an excellent album and I hope he’s well and I hope I have a chance to see some of these songs played live.

Could it just be that the album isn't very good

Could it just be that the album isn't very good

To some, yes. But at the same time, as I know it’s been mentioned before, I think there’s some casual fans out there who had no idea that he had a new album or if it’s any good. A friend of mine just sent me a text message yesterday saying “Hey, I’m at Best Buy....I just saw there’s a new Morrissey deluxe edition, should I get it?” I of course told him to purchase, curious what he thinks. :)

This album doesn't do poorly because of bad promotion. It does poorly because it isn't good. Listen to "Bullfighter" for God's sake. It's horrendous. So is "World Peace."

Morrissey used to be clever and witty. Those days are gone. Now he's just a bully. Nasty and mean. And nobody likes a bully.

Well, well, well !
It's been a while hasn't it ?
"And here I am ! And here I am ! New album well I'm not very pleased ! "

I did try to inform people in the past about Mr Tosserrey didn't I ?
Run free now, be happy and spend your money on someone who is worthy of it my children.
The revolution is a dead parrot.
The Tosser is dead, long live the Queen !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Well, well, well !
It's been a while hasn't it ?
"And here I am ! And here I am ! New album well I'm not very pleased ! "

I did try to inform people in the past about Mr Tosserrey didn't I ?
Run free now, be happy and spend your money on someone who is worthy of it my children.
The revolution is a dead parrot.
The Tosser is dead, long live the Queen !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You've certainly butchered the English language there.
Look, it's a play-on-werds!

I couldn't care less about the chart position of WPINOYB, & probably in the bigger picture of life , neither does Morrissey. The new album is a huge success, so what, if it makes the main man loads of cash then that's his problem. i am sure he can put it to good use. The new material speaks volumes to those of us out here who are living, working, breathing in the real & ever so vile world of normality. hence meat eaters & controlling maculine freaks with chavs & non thinking arm candy in tow - WHICH i personally cannot relate to ever. The track " I Am Not A Man " has saved me. From my own true heart & soul, Thank Gawd for Morrissey x

I think where the argument falls down is that if the vast majority of Canadians didn't support the seal cull policy, they would vote in another government who would end the practice. The fact that they don't, means most of your countrymen support seal culling.

Although, having said that, Morrissey is now actively telling people not to vote for anyone, so....?

That's true lol... well maybe Morrissey should have a chat with Justin Trudeau and see if he can get him to commit to ending the hunt if elected and if so campaign for him to oust Stephen Harper. I mean that would be more useful than his pointless feud with Gail Shea.

Well i live a lot further away that that & its a fair assumption to say more seals will be executed in a national seal hunt than units of the album selling. Most things are out of the populations hands in this world thanks to greedy rule-making corporate criminals.

Maybe if there were more like yourself & if they actually stood up to the likes of Gail shea & her greedy elderlings, it would be a different situation.

She says local people depend on it for a living, but she gets a lot more than the locals out of it . Nobody stands up anywhere for their human rights & if they try they get ambushed by armed coppers "& "peacekeepers" 'Tis the way of things unfortunately.

So that said don't you think if Morrissey and other people in his position that actually have some sway did something more direct it would be beneficial? It's all fine and dandy to speak out about something but what does Morrissey expect to happen after he speaks out? The dust settles in a few days and nothing is done.

If the thing in April was more than a publicity stunt I urge him to take this further up the ladder rather than continue his boycott of silence that very few people even notice anyway. Silence does nothing to encourage change and he is one of the people in a far more advantageous position to exact change than a handful of nameless Canadians from Regina or Kitchener or Gatineau.

I couldn't care less about the chart position of WPINOYB, & probably in the bigger picture of life , neither does Morrissey.

You must either be a very new, or very ignorant fan. Morrissey is TOTALLY OBSESSED with chart positions. Seriously, the guy's nuts about them, beyond all common sense for an artist who should realise he's outside the mainstream, and always will be.

I'm pretty obsessed with chart positions too and I'm not even on the charts yet. I get where Morrissey is coming from.

is a top twenty album really that far outside of the mainstream. mos bands never achieve that.

good luck to you derek

thats very true but i imagine it would affect every on the charts collectively and bring it all down relatively still making a top twenty album sorta in the mainstream.

true enough. i suppose its more the fact that the manistream pool has shrunk so to speak has shrunk. are there less mainstream albums out now and is the market just more fractured/niche based do to distribution issues i.e not being able to control how people get the product?

I have a question. When people ordered the bundle that had the CD and vinyl, does that count as two sales? Do the download codes with the vinyl count as an extra sale? Sounds stupid but just curious. I know there’s a lot of creative ways to pad sales.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom