“Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You)” Gets Officially Released (May 11, 2021)

Description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) · Quilloughby · Lisa Simpson
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) ℗ 2021 20th Century Studios
Released on: 2021-05-11

Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mickey Petralia
Composer Lyricist: Tim Long
Composer Lyricist: Bret McKenzie

Related item:
Media items:

The best thing Morrissey can do is ignore the simpsons, they just don't exist!!!! I don't think it's funny. Mocking Moz is done with evil, it's obvious,!!! Quiet Moz

I've listened to it more times than I've listened to IANADOAC.

Haha, me too! This song is so good that it diminishes Morrissey. Takes his readily identifiable formula and one ups it. Maybe that's part of why he was so angry - they did him better than he can himself.

Lovely stuff.

At future concerts, will his employees be "asked" to wear T Shirts with "f*** Universal Music Group" on them? I guess thats one less label to ask for a deal.

Description:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) · Quilloughby · Lisa Simpson
Everyone Is Horrid Except Me (And Possibly You) ℗ 2021 20th Century Studios
Released on: 2021-05-11

Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Mickey Petralia
Composer Lyricist: Tim Long
Composer Lyricist: Bret McKenzie

Related item:
Media items:

The New Order bass at the end is really beautiful. So it is also about the Manchester sound which of course the Smiths were never part of. Dare we say this is really funny?

I don't think Morrissey considers himself "nicer" than the general population. I know it's just parody but that bit was unfair.

Last edited:
If there was a physical release (7", etc.) would you buy it? I'd be tempted to for sure, but I'd sort feel like I was stabbing Morrissey in the back

If there was a physical release (7", etc.) would you buy it? I'd be tempted to for sure, but I'd sort feel like I was stabbing Morrissey in the back
If you listened to it on a streaming site or Youtube, you already did

I can see Quilloughby turning into one of these virtual pop stars like they have in South Korea.

I don't think Morrissey considers himself "nicer" than the general population. I know it's just parody but that bit was unfair.

While I know what you mean, because he's 'self-deprecating', etc., the implication of songs such as 'What Kind of People Live in These Houses' and 'People Are the Same Everywhere' seems to be strongly that he is some kind of unique exception to general dreariness. It's there more subtly from the beginning. "People see no worth in you, oh, but I do." This is 'you and me against the world' and it usually turns out, or you get the feeling, that 'I'm not so sure about you, either': "People said that you were easily led, and they were half-right." The people are going to lead this person away again?

It's not just in the songs, either. He seems to burn through a lot of collaborators, for instance. And do we really think, now, that Mike Joyce ruined his life or that kind of thing?

While I know what you mean, because he's 'self-deprecating', etc., the implication of songs such as 'What Kind of People Live in These Houses' and 'People Are the Same Everywhere' seems to be strongly that he is some kind of unique exception to general dreariness. It's there more subtly from the beginning. "People see no worth in you, oh, but I do." This is 'you and me against the world' and it usually turns out, or you get the feeling, that 'I'm not so sure about you, either': "People said that you were easily led, and they were half-right." The people are going to lead this person away again?

It's not just in the songs, either. He seems to burn through a lot of collaborators, for instance. And do we really think, now, that Mike Joyce ruined his life or that kind of thing?
Maybe it depends on his mood, it's not like he's one dimensional. Sometimes I'm like "people suck" and forget I'm a person too.

This thread has made me realise that while the musical parody here is pretty good, the lyrical aspect of it is miles off target. What I love about him is his lethal combination of self-loathing and narcissism, so the song should have been called something like "God I Hate Myself (But Everybody Else Is Worse)".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom