2010 / 2011 live dates?

Re: 2010 Live Dates

I like Jesse. But I'd rather Alain, of course. One day I tried to talk with Jesse and he was rude.. Alain is always nice... really nice as Boz and Mike are. Well, he wrote good songs nonetheless Boz and Whyte are my favorites as songwriters.

(Charlotte, If I'm not wrong, Jesse played a few years with Alanis Morrissete.)

i have met jesse three times since 94 , and he has always been polite and friendly - first time was in bridlington when he had just joined the band and he was shy and polite , second time was in whitehaven - he chatted about the size of the venue (very small) in a positive way , and the last time was in rome when he walked passed where we were having a pizza and we called out and he stopped for about five minutes (along with Matt) and chatted about the forthcoming gig (ostia) and how they used to come to the same pizzeria when they recorded ROTT - he was en route to meet Moz for a meal at the Russe ! Though i like his songs in the main , they are all a bit samey , but i think he is brilliant live and better than alain as a live performer ! Moz needs to rest up for all of this year but if he decides to tour we all know we will be there ... again !

I'm not sure about 2010 live date. In 94 didn't toured. In 89 too. So on.
There are plenty of years he didn't tour. Since 95 it's been every other year, pretty much without fail — 95/97/99+early 00/02
/04/06...and then he's been touring on and off ever since, it seems. So I would be surprised if he tours in 2010. Although there were some good leads predicting that he would, but since those dates would supposedly be in spring, I would think we'd have heard about them by now if they were to be. You never know though, some of those US dates back in 2007 were announced about a month before they happened, if my memory serves me right.

You see, last year the tour was very troblesome and Morrissey finished it really tired. The Tour of Refusal was supposed to be one of the geatest but with all problems it had, I'm not so sure if he would like to do something like that soon. Of course Morrissey needed to rest after his health problems. I am pretyy sure that everyone in here had rather not Morrissey's pause didn't happen.

so 3 pages and no dates then? Great!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

The suspense is unbearable.
I do wish we could have clarification either way on whether he will tour this year or not. I'm scared to book holidays just in case i end up elsewhere on his only UK/Scotland dates! Doh!
Anyone have any firm ideas of where/when/whether or not?

In my opinion, best case scenario would be a brief fall tour with no album to promote. Maybe 15 North American dates and 15 UK/Europe dates.

Actually, that sounds really nice.

In all likelihood, though, I foresee 2010 as a "dry" year for us.

I cant see any gigs untill maybe Nov/Dec, any summer dates would have been anounced by now as ticket companies love to have our money in their banks for as long as possible

true though, they love our moneys earning them interest

A friend of mine told me last week that he had got tickets to see Peter Kay at the MEN in September. It was a few days later when looking at the tickets that he realised it was September 2011:eek::eek:

All that interest........

Jukebox Jury

A friend of mine told me last week that he had got tickets to see Peter Kay at the MEN in September. It was a few days later when looking at the tickets that he realised it was September 2011:eek::eek:

All that interest........

Jukebox Jury
That was a bloody disgrace.
What is this now? The 'Mam Wants A Small Island In The Caribbean' Tour 2011?! :eek:

That was a bloody disgrace.
What is this now? The 'Mam Wants A Small Island In The Caribbean' Tour 2011?! :eek:

He's all about the money now is peter, just play the big arenas. Comedy should be played at small venues were the whole audience feel part of it, just not the first two rows. I've been to two big comedy gigs and although lee Evans and micheal mcintyre were good, nothing compares to a small venue. I refuse to line peter kays pocket as it won't feel special at all as most people in the country will have seen him on the tour an you'll get told the jokes a year in advance

He's all about the money now is peter, just play the big arenas. Comedy should be played at small venues were the whole audience feel part of it, just not the first two rows. I've been to two big comedy gigs and although lee Evans and micheal mcintyre were good, nothing compares to a small venue. I refuse to line peter kays pocket as it won't feel special at all as most people in the country will have seen him on the tour an you'll get told the jokes a year in advance

I agree. There's a huge show coming up "Channel 4 Comedy Gala" or something, being held at the 02 arena, for a pair of tickets to sit in the very top back rows of a HUGE place like the 02, it's £110! Having seen Michael McIntyre at a slightly smaller place last year (Wembley) you definitely lose something of the atmosphere in comparison to watching at tiny hidden away London comedy clubs like The Amused Moose or Comedy Store. But then Peter Kay is completely about the money now and believes his own hype.

Isn't it the same for most concerts/gigs whether music or comedy. The bigger the venue, the worst the atmosphere?

Isn't it the same for most concerts/gigs whether music or comedy. The bigger the venue, the worst the atmosphere?

Not always, oasis at Heston park was fantastic 70,000+ people, blur at m.e.n was one of best gigs I've been too as atmosphere was brilliant. Generally smaller venues are much better, like kasabian at manc academy compared to echo arena last year. Morrissey at the g-mex was a brilliant gig and that was big.

Not always, oasis at Heston park was fantastic 70,000+ people, blur at m.e.n was one of best gigs I've been too as atmosphere was brilliant. Generally smaller venues are much better, like kasabian at manc academy compared to echo arena last year. Morrissey at the g-mex was a brilliant gig and that was big.

Heaton Park Oasis gigs..... great atmosphere..... but me and my 15 year old daughter couldnt see a bloody thing:eek:

The stage was at the bottom of a hill...and then in a dip..... the two screens either side of the stage were too low to be seen:rolleyes:
Just glad I only paid a tout £15 a ticket to get in:D

Jukebox Jury

Heaton Park Oasis gigs..... great atmosphere..... but me and my 15 year old daughter couldnt see a bloody thing:eek:

The stage was at the bottom of a hill...and then in a dip..... the two screens either side of the stage were too low to be seen:rolleyes:
Just glad I only paid a tout £15 a ticket to get in:D

Jukebox Jury

I went all 3 and only on the thursday couldnt really see, saturday night i somehow managed to get on the barrier of the front pit whilst id been stood at the bar all day with my mates, sunday me and my mate joined a mosh pit in the outer bit so it didnt bother us. I fortunatley got 4 free tickets on the thursday so sold them for face value so i was up £50 on the gigs:D

Tags
2011 morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom