Chicago, IL - Riot Fest - Thursday Preview Party (Sep. 16, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Lady Willpower / Knockabout World / You Have Killed Me / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Samuel Valdez, FWD & setlist.fm

(2 lines from "My Way" prior to How Soon Is Now?).

Last edited:
Alain's FB earlier:

FB_IMG_1631821328187.jpg
FB_IMG_1631821333246.jpg
FB_IMG_1631821335681.jpg
FB_IMG_1631821325440.jpg
FB_IMG_1631821320460.jpg
FB_IMG_1631821330673.jpg
FB_IMG_1631821322975.jpg

A nice 27 degrees in Chicago

Last time I saw Morrissey at a festival was in 2018, he played something of a greatest hits set with perhaps the worst rendition of "Playboys" that I'd ever seen. A gruesome evening, had to get a drink or three at the Hooters down the street just to cleanse my palate afterwards.

Last time I saw Morrissey at a festival was in 2018, he played something of a greatest hits set with perhaps the worst rendition of "Playboys" that I'd ever seen. A gruesome evening, had to get a drink or three at the Hooters down the street just to cleanse my palate afterwards.

Is that where he left out all the high notes on Playboys? I suspect he relies too much on his natural talent and does not train his voice. Or he could hire some backup singers at least.

Is that where he left out all the high notes on Playboys? I suspect he relies too much on his natural talent and does not train his voice. Or he could hire some backup singers at least.
He’s basically been doing that since 1991, which I don’t really mind. It was more that everyone in the band seemed to be playing a different song and Morrissey’s mood clearly soured as he trudged through this particularly inelegant rendition.

Ok get ready tonight Moz breaks it !!! For the 6th time in the year. So I say to the haters, paraphrasing someone Today "you have it inside" to all the anti Moz: they have it well inside !!!!!! MOZ HUMILLE -MAN!!!
ViVA MORRISSEY CARAJO!! EL SE LAS va a dejar bienADENTRO!!!,perdon pero me sale esto...

I do not understand why you keep going to see Moz, if whenever you go he sings badly!! Either you are crazy or you lie, it is obvious, and the answer is also obvious lying again

Ok get ready tonight Moz breaks it !!! For the 6th time in the year. So I say to the haters, paraphrasing someone Today "you have it inside" to all the anti Moz: they have it well inside !!!!!! MOZ HUMILLE -MAN!!!
ViVA MORRISSEY CARAJO!! EL SE LAS va a dejar bienADENTRO!!!,perdon pero me sale esto...

Hi, Luji!

I've just landed here to keep you company.

There were no problems with Morrissey's vocal on Playboys in 2018 as the Youtube videos show.

Even back in 1991 he was letting the band sing "International".

There were no problems with Morrissey's vocal on Playboys in 2018 as the Youtube videos show.

Even back in 1991 he was letting the band sing "International".
And what about the “playboys” bit?

I do not understand why you keep going to see Moz, if whenever you go he sings badly!! Either you are crazy or you lie, it is obvious, and the answer is also obvious lying again
Curb your neuroses, you illiterate lunatic. You’ve never even seen Morrissey. Not every show is a knockout and they haven’t been very good in a long while.

Curb your neuroses, you illiterate lunatic. You’ve never even seen Morrissey. Not every show is a knockout and they haven’t been very good in a long while.

When did they stop being good? Which show went from being good to the next not being very good?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom