does morrissey's love for 'romper stomper' reaffirm his racism?

• Thread starter Eazy E - The rap equivalent of morrissey!?!?
  • Start date
Re: This reaffirms that you're paranoid.

>Hell! God forbid if Moz hates reggae! That must¿ mean he's in the klan! Who knew?

I didn't know they had an Irish catholic chapter of the klan. Huh...who ever knew?

*sigh*

Re: Absolutely, and his interest in Myra Hindley and Ian Brady makes him a paedophile.

> He's in love with early 20th century England, an England before¿ mass immigration.
--------
The interesting thing is that he's a product of a wave of mass immigration. In this sense, his nostalgia is less about clinging to the past than about clinging to a fading sense of "Britishness," an attempt to legitimate himself as a real Englishman. The reason that he's able to romanticize "old England" is because he and his people were ever a part of it.

Re: Absolutely, and his interest in Myra Hindley and Ian Brady makes him a paedophile.

two ironies come to mind.

1 morrissey's parents were immigrants from
Ireland

2 on the debut album of the smiths he wrote suffer

little children. on maladjusted he writes a song

in the mind of a child murderer. Interesting how

times change...¿ He's in love with early 20th century England, an England before¿ mass immigration. being white and English, he's never¿ experienced racism first-hand - he's never felt it. so removed¿ from the pain of the situation, what he writes might well¿ unintentionally come across as insensitive or flippant. in¿ 'Bengali In Platforms', he probably would have said "Life¿ is hard enough when you're not originally from here" if it¿ had scanned well enough...¿ When the parents of the Moors Murders victims first heard about¿ 'Suffer Little Children', they were appalled and disgusted,¿ weren't they? Once Morrissey talked to them though they¿ understood that he did not support Hindley's and Brady's¿ actions. There's a big difference between exploring a culture¿ and supporting it. Morrissey explores.¿ 254

Oh yeah!

> I didn't know they had an Irish catholic chapter of the klan.¿ Huh...who ever knew?

Oh yeah, saw it on Hard Copy. Bono is the grand dragon and Morrissey is the head of the cross-burning department. Very informative piece, actually. Turns out the phrase, "Hang the DJ," is in reference to DJ Jazzy Jeff of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince fame. Oops, I guess this supports that idiot's (Eazy-E, whatever silly name he wants to call himself) claim that Morrissey is a racist because Jazzy Jeff is black and all. Ah, well.

Re: Oh yeah!

> Oh yeah, saw it on Hard Copy. Bono is the grand dragon

Grand Wizard, actually.¿and¿ Morrissey is the head of the cross-burning department.

Did Hard Copy go into how he had to cut his hair so short because his quiff was giving him away under that hood? And how he quit and started his own faction because the robes didn't have enough lame in them?¿Very¿ informative piece, actually. Turns out the phrase, "Hang¿ the DJ," is in reference to DJ Jazzy Jeff of DJ Jazzy Jeff¿ and the Fresh Prince fame.

No...not DJ jazzy jeff!?!?! I mean I sort of suspected it since Jazzy Jeff sort of looked black and all, but I was hoping to God the song was about DJ's at rollerskating rinks.¿Oops, I guess this supports that¿ idiot's (Eazy-E, whatever silly name he wants to call himself)¿ claim that Morrissey is a racist because Jazzy Jeff is black and¿ all. Ah, well.

Oh, and it also didn't cross my mind that he would be twice as popular in the group for being bisexual.

"The order of the bisexual Irish Catholic klansmen will now come to order...."

I know you're there!

Re: Racism Matters

> For all my love of Morrisey, if i discovered he was a racist i¿ would renounce him - i could never love a man with such hate¿ filled beliefs.

For all my love of Dr. Martin Luther King, I do not care if he was an adulterer and a womanizer or not.

Love,

Chased

> Grand Wizard, actually.

Oops, did I say grand dragon? Must've gotten that mixed-up from a kung-fu flick. Damn, should've kept up with those klan terms. Suze, can't you see I'm a big expert? Yet, you know, they might have different kkk terms in Ireland. I mean, sticking up the peace sign over there with your fingers is a bad thing.¿ Did Hard Copy go into how he had to cut his hair so short¿ because his quiff was giving him away under that hood? And how¿ he quit and started his own faction because the robes didn't¿ have enough lame in them?

See, different standards in Ireland.¿ No...not DJ jazzy jeff!?!?! I mean I sort of suspected it since¿ Jazzy Jeff sort of looked black and all, but I was hoping to God¿ the song was about DJ's at rollerskating rinks.

Unfortunately, no.¿ Oh, and it also didn't cross my mind that he would be twice as¿ popular in the group for being bisexual.

That's the thing. These klansmen, not too bright. Bisexual to them is having sexual experiences with two women (white women at that) at one time. So, they figured old Morrissey is one big stud.¿ "The order of the bisexual Irish Catholic klansmen will now¿ come to order...."

That would be interesting. Hmmmm....

reggaemalitus

>God forbid if Moz hates reggae! That must¿ mean he's in the klan! Who knew?

What's funny is how much people read into his statement, years ago, that he hates reggae. I happen to know that Morrissey does like some reggae. Everybody make statements like that. Sometimes they change their mind. Sometimes they don't. It's irrelevant. I used to say I hate country, now I love country. Who cares. It's journalists desperate for something to write about.

¿Damn, should've kept up with those klan terms.¿ Suze, can't you see I'm a big expert?

Aha! Since you didn't know the correct term for Grand Wizard, you obviously can't comment on what it's like to be a klanman and therefore you are not able to say what Morrissey truly is.¿Yet, you know, they might¿ have different kkk terms in Ireland. I mean, sticking up the¿ peace sign over there with your fingers is a bad thing.

That's not a peacesign....nope, I know the true meaning behind what it is, and it's not based on the peace sign.¿ That's the thing. These klansmen, not too bright. Bisexual to¿ them is having sexual experiences with two women (white women at¿ that) at one time. So, they figured old Morrissey is one big¿ stud.

Morrissey is in a rockband. He should be scoring just like Mick Jagger. He'd better get cracking! We're keeping tabs over here.

I know you're there!

Re: reggaemalitus

I happen to know that Morrissey does¿ like some reggae.
----------
How do you know this, Sam? I'd be interested to hear who he likes. Shabba Ranks, anyone? No, I thought not.

> I happen to know that Morrissey does¿ ----------¿ How do you know this, Sam? I'd be interested to hear who he¿ likes. Shabba Ranks, anyone? No, I thought not.

"Reggae is vile" — Morrissey

he is right, it is vile and so is anyone who likes it.

> "Reggae is vile" — Morrissey¿ he is right, it is vile and so is anyone who likes it.
----------
"Lightning, thunder, brrrrimstone, and fire."

> ----------¿ "Lightning, thunder, brrrrimstone, and fire."

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom