gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's what I heard. Morrissey wasn't happy with the amount of heckling in Portsmouth, so tonight's show has been cancelled as a result. If true, I'm a bit annoyed with whoever did it.

I mean, this is all pure speculation at the moment, but why would you be annoyed at the hecklers? Heckling is par for the course at gigs, comedy shows etc, and it's usually done in good spirits. If Morrissey, a man with over 40 years experience of performing live under his belt, can't handle that then he just shouldn't play gigs anymore.

I mean, this is all pure speculation at the moment, but why would you be annoyed at the hecklers? Heckling is par for the course at gigs, comedy shows etc, and it's usually done in good spirits. If Morrissey, a man with over 40 years experience of performing live under his belt, can't handle that then he just shouldn't play gigs anymore.

If that was true it's absolutely ridiculous.
Why just cancel one gig as a "punishment"??
Achieves nothing.

How bad was the heckling?
This is one person's account of what happened:

National_Front_Disco said:
I was on the second row and there was a heckler in the same sort of row but some metres to my left clawing his way forward, saying “You should be ashamed of yourself, you’re a disgrace!” before turning his consternation to the band and saying “And you as well, you’re all disgusting!” or something to that effect. What a moron, but it gave Moz the perfect opportunity to rebut the hecklers, saying they wouldn’t heckle if he weren’t saying something important, before coolly sliding into Irish Blood, English Heart.

This is one person's account of what happened:

National_Front_Disco said:
I was on the second row and there was a heckler in the same sort of row but some metres to my left clawing his way forward, saying “You should be ashamed of yourself, you’re a disgrace!” before turning his consternation to the band and saying “And you as well, you’re all disgusting!” or something to that effect. What a moron, but it gave Moz the perfect opportunity to rebut the hecklers, saying they wouldn’t heckle if he weren’t saying something important, before coolly sliding into Irish Blood, English Heart.

Season 3 Episode 24 GIF by Paramount+

Very suave.

Two and half hour sets as well, and Robert Smith is a month older than Morrissey. "Two days back to back isn't a good idea" lol ok, maybe not for precious Morrissey, but many artists manage it just fine, with much longer sets on much longer tours.
To be fair Robert Smith is peak physical fitness.

I could’ve sworn Morrissey said something above not feeling well last night, but pretty quietly so I imagine most people didn’t hear. Maybe I misheard that though, I’ve got the hearing of a telephone pole.

I could’ve sworn Morrissey said something above not feeling well last night, but pretty quietly so I imagine most people didn’t hear. Maybe I misheard that though, I’ve got the hearing of a telephone pole.
If it's illness you'd have thought they'd have given that reason.
If so they surely couldn't say whether Leeds would go ahead?

View attachment 92856
This is very strange, that is on the way to Nottingham. Has he told the band it’s cancelled?!
Unless I'm mistaken, that looks very like the power station at Ratcliffe-On-Soar, which is about 10 miles southwest of Nottingham (TRCH). Most peculiar.

From Google Maps (sleuthing), not too far off from where CG must have taken her shot:

ros.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's what I heard. Morrissey wasn't happy with the amount of heckling in Portsmouth, so tonight's show has been cancelled as a result. If true, I'm a bit annoyed with whoever did it.
He'll be heckled even more in future if those scumbags know it'll have an impact. As far back as I started attending Moz concerts (back on the Kill Uncle tour) I always remember a certain % of lower class scumbags making their presence known. There's been an element of that at every Moz concert I've ever gone to. Far more scumbags than I'd see at a Cure/Pixies/ Depeche Mode/Weller/Bowie/Suede concert. The only comparable artist is New Order who always seem to attract a % of drunken laddish skinhead louts. Now, anyone can say that a certain % of thugs are at every concert regardless of the artist, but after 30+ years of concert-going I notice it a lot more at Moz.

I think your right. There was a moment last night he was searching through all his pockets till he finally found what looked like an Olbas inhaler. Can't recall what song this was during, but at the end of the song he turned his back to the audience to used it. I think he's come down with a cold. He still sounded great last night though.

How bad was the heckling?
Actually, what I said was

To Morrissey, 'That song's Bullsh1t'
To Carmen, 'You should be ashamed of yourself'
To Juan, 'And you should be ashamed of yourself'.

Given that 99% of us on here probably agree that Notre-Dame almost certainly wasn't caused by a Muslim terrorist attack, it's perhaps not surprising that one of us thought to mention it given the opportunity.

Do the guys in the band really want to be involved in stirring up racial tension? It would be a bit odd.

Im gonna agree totally with that, maybe songs about car crashes and concrete plazas aint everybodys cup of tea, but i effin love that album, i was excited about buying Foxx's early stuff as a kid as i was buying The Smiths stuff as a confused teenager, top album
Two Foxx reissues coming out July 28th on lovely coloured vinyl: The Golden Section and Annexe. Metamatic is crying out for a remastered reissue. As are the Moz vinyls for Southpaw, Maladjusted,Quarry, Ringleader, and World Peace.

Clash of egos I'm guessing.

It always makes me laugh on The Importance of Being Morrissey when he criticises Bowie for being up his own arse.

Zero self awareness.
Yes but..... if you go up your own arse fully then surely by definition you become a zero?

Actually, what I said was

To Morrissey, 'That song's Bullsh1t'
To Carmen, 'You should be ashamed of yourself'
To Juan, 'And you should be ashamed of yourself'.

Given that 99% of us on here probably agree that Notre-Dame almost certainly wasn't caused by a Muslim terrorist attack, it's perhaps not surprising that one of us thought to mention it given the opportunity.

Do the guys in the band really want to be involved in stirring up racial tension? It would be a bit odd.
So your idea of not agreeing with someone is to pay for a ticket, take up space, and insult the artist and band? If you were close enough to be heard then you either (1) queued up early or (2) are one of those twats who elbow their way to the front because you're so important. Good for you, twatty.

Wasn't there some suggestion that he was struggling a bit vocally / using throat spray etc at the Israel gigs. I wonder if it is something related to that?

Unless I'm mistaken, that looks very like the power station at Ratcliffe-On-Soar, which is about 10 miles southwest of Nottingham (TRCH). Most peculiar.

From Google Maps, not too far off the position of CG's pic:

View attachment 92858
Even though the gig isn’t going ahead, they still have to eat and sleep somewhere tonight.

They’ll be travelling to whatever Nottingham hotel they had booked before moving on to Leeds.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom