gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, people will be on their way right now, luckily I saw the posts on here this morning so managed to cancel my hotel.
Saw the random post on instagram before I jumped in the car - glad I didn’t pre book parking!

He's probably in his hotel suite having the time of his life. I won't be surprised if 9 months from now, Moz and Carmen have a baby. My guess is a boy.

Last night’s delayed start isn’t the norm; generally when Morrissey does turn, he’s punctual. I wonder if that has anything to do with tonight’s cancellation.

Although I know I shouldn’t speculate, I can only imagine that “unforeseen” is, in fact, “can’t be bothered”.
Afraid of hecklers.

The fact that he cancels a show the same day without explaining why should anger, disappoint and/or put off most fans. How some of you just accepts this, turning the other cheek, is truly remarkable.

The fact that he cancels a show the same day without explaining why should anger, disappoint and/or put off most fans. How some of you just accepts this, turning the other cheek, is truly remarkable.

Yep, crazy how some folks think it's ok.

“We’re cancelling a gig on the day it’s due to take place, and we’re not going to tell you why”

This is literally where we’re at now.

Amateur. As with so many things in Morrissey land.

The Nottingham queue list can be thrown in the trash ...

Well, I chose to splash out to see The Who with UB40 next Friday in Derby—rather than risking Morrissey in Leeds. I have to say I feel incredibly smug and vindicated.

Nevertheless, my heart goes out to any unduly optimistic Morrissey fans.

I wonder what happened to Morrissey last night in Portsmouth.

Maybe he had to hand over his trousers to some merchant seamen outside a nightclub…?

It makes you think that because they/he can't be arsed to provide an explanation that its something he should not be cancelling for.

I believe this was due to the early (erroneous?) release/sale of Leeds tickets by a certain ticket portal.
Regards,
FWD.
there wasn't really an issue with those accidentally early tickets tbf ... I got one and just hadn't checked my junk mail and it seems they all went there for everyone .
someone said their Nottingham ticket had been cancelled but didn't know why

Eh, like 10 minutes ago.

Anyone: "I'm annoyed Morrissey did X, but not surprised Morrissey did X despite him having a track record of doing X. I had tickets to see him at X, so I'm annoyed he's done X."

You: "How DARE YOU HATE MORRISSEY??? HOW DARE YOU! YOU f***ING SCUMBAG! STOP DISLIKING HIM (even though you never said you did dislike him) and STOP CRITICISING HIM FOR THIS THING HE ALWAYS DOES, TOUR AFTER TOUR! PEOPLE WHO HATE MORRISSEY SHOULDN'T COME TO THIS FORUM (even though the owner is perfectly fine with that, and even though you don't hate Morrissey)!! NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING MEAN ABOUT MORRISSEY, EVER!!!!

This is basically you, every single time anyone gives any basic, tiny, legitimate criticism of Morrissey. It's just really, really sad. Reminds me of my much younger 16 year old self, but I expect you're about 43 and still at it. Thewlis, you seriously need to live and let live, start being a bit nicer and just allow people to have their very mild and reasonable opinions, which cause literally zero harm to anyone.

If it is indeed a venue issue, surely Morrissey’s team would leap at the chance to pin this all of that, rather than use this unforeseen circumstances

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom