Gustavo Manzur posts "In Your Lap" (piano instrumental) on his Instagram (October 26, 2023)

Screenshot_20231027-011916.png

gusmanzurjr-27102023-0001~2.jpg

Screenshot_20231027-012047.png

He wrote these below. Not sure they were considered 'fantastic' in a recent members poll on here (which I can't find at the mo), but I don't think any of them received great scores (maybe someone could link to the poll?):
  • Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
  • Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
  • In Your Lap
  • Israel
  • Love Is On Its Way Out
  • Neal Cassady Drops Dead
  • One Of Our Own
  • Spent The Day In Bed
  • Sure Enough The Telephone Rings
  • The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel
  • The Truth About Ruth
  • Without Music The World Dies
As you made the poll, not sure why you couldn't find it...

FWD.

he prolly wants to bum him! with moz it's allllll about who he wants to bum! dont know why anyone would want to bum jesse, though, to be honest. gustavo and alain are way more bumable. by the expression on his face, jesse already looks like he's suffering from impaction as it is.
It's my English lesson time. In the case you portraid, is he always the one who bums and could it be the other way around? I doubt it's a one-way ticket only. Regarding the new girls, wouldn't it be 'peg' a better word as in 'both took turns pegging him to get the job'?

PS. Beautiful playing, Gus

The blacked-out bits are identical on the shot I posted and on hers. I never saw your screenshot, hence me asking had it already been posted. If she used yours, it would say ‘1d’ under Alain’s replies, mine says ‘3d’ as I took my screenshot a few days afterwards and then posted it here, thinking I was breaking news.

So, Malarkarenerak, when exactly did you pretend to stop reading my posts?

View attachment 97152
View attachment 97153

The divulgences were dramatic but the sources are aligned on one side, and like the Maverick manager, shared views in public about parties where contracts were presumably involved. To that extent, pinch-of-salt worthy?

Regarding the new girls, wouldn't it be 'peg' a better word as in 'both took turns pegging him to get the job'?

PS. Beautiful playing, Gus

Pegged from both ends, sounds like a Morrissey song title.

My point is, Gustavo can write some nice, intrinsic, flowery piano pieces, but as soon he tries his hand at pop songs, he’s all over the place. All of his pop songs are bouncy, hysterical and bereft of melody.
And yes, songs like Israel and In Your Lap were killed off by Moz. They could’ve been something. Gustavo did his best.

Fantastic! Gustavo was so good for the Morrissey Band.

This is one of his best tracks he wrote with Morrissey. One of my faves on LIHS - which is a great and modern album minus 2 clunkers (in my opinion). Pretty sophisticated stuff, which is what you expect from Morrissey.

Which two do you think clunk?

Juan, I love this one as well. The first time I heard this song it transported me to a landscape where Sephardic/Ladino musicians played and sang. A fantastic feeling. Then I knew Gustavo was a gifted musician.

That's my favorite song on LIHS! In fact, upon further inspection --- the tracks I like the most on that record were co-writes w/Gustavo.

Gustavo Manzur posts "The Truth About Ruth" (piano instrumental) on his Instagram (November 7, 2023)

Screenshot_20231108-084220.png

I’d forgotten about this great song. Lovely to hear it again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom