Morrissey Central "20 OCTOBER 2023" (October 21, 2023)

Screenshot_20231020-151854.png

Morrissey appears on television in New York City
Song: Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings. Carmen Vandenberg (guitar) Juan Galeano (bass) Morrissey (no function) Brendan Buckley (drums) Jesse Tobias (guitar) Camila Grey (keyboards) Drum head: Germaine Greer.

Uncredited screencap via the Downloads section here by FWD.
It's almost like they're watching...
🤔👀
FWD.

Related item:

This song should actually have been called Sure Enough The Fax Machine Whirs. That is if you know anything about Morrissey ;)

from prospect_pr instagram

tv.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 96701

Morrissey needs a stylist. Desperately.
Maybe he has one. Just an opinion, but the aesthetic effect to me, especially the tie, was refreshing. I am tired of fake-up, make-up, hairpieces and droll PeeWee Herman appearance of so many supposed well-turned out men. Most men of means of that age are trying to look like they stepped off a pontoon boat party, cloaking themselves in the outdated black Pawn Stars Cali vibe, or donning clothing designed for 24 year old boys. My opinion. . . With all due respect, I am curious what folks suggest Morrissey should do differently?

May be but not in this band
You are wrong there buddy. Carmen is freaking awesome in this band. I finally saw her playing and I was impressed. I admit that I would prefer Alain or Boz but Carmen has my vote.

We should stop hiding behind fake made up names to trash Morrissey and his band members. We're here because of Moz love

- (MrMata)

Last edited:
Maybe he has one. Just an opinion, but the aesthetic effect to me, especially the tie, was refreshing. I am tired of fake-up, make-up, hairpieces and droll PeeWee Herman appearance of so many supposed well-turned out men. Most men of means of that age are trying to look like they stepped off a pontoon boat party, cloaking themselves in the outdated black Pawn Stars Cali vibe, or donning clothing designed for 24 year old boys. My opinion. . . With all due respect, I am curious what folks suggest Morrissey should do differently?
Here's my suggestion. 1. Get in slightly better shape. 2. Dye the hair light brown. Don't go crazy, leave some grey, keep it natural looking. 3. His style from 1995 would be perfectly appropriate for his current age: blazer, dress shirt, regular Levi's, no jewelry except 1 necklace, classy watch, and maybe his glasses from the early 90's every once in awhile. If he did that, he would look much better.

I think Moz should shave his head, wear a dress, and say all the "right" things. That's just for a start.

View attachment 96701

Morrissey needs a stylist. Desperately.
In my opinion, he looks good here. Seems to be a bit slimmer than in the past, fitted blazer and hairstyle which make his hairline looking fuller. He had worse moments like long hair in the back from 2019 or baggy trousers in Oslo during Noble prize. And much better than Smiths times clothes.

Here's my suggestion. 1. Get in slightly better shape. 2. Dye the hair light brown. Don't go crazy, leave some grey, keep it natural looking. 3. His style from 1995 would be perfectly appropriate for his current age: blazer, dress shirt, regular Levi's, no jewelry except 1 necklace, classy watch, and maybe his glasses from the early 90's every once in awhile. If he did that, he would look much better.
There’s something to be said for pandering in this way. . . I guess if he felt this look was authentic to him personally, he should go for it. I find it rather radical to just be yourself, and I feel that message. It’s a radical message and a question we culturally need to ask ourselves: is it okay to age?

In my opinion, he looks good here. Seems to be a bit slimmer than in the past, fitted blazer and hairstyle which make his hairline looking fuller. He had worse moments like long hair in the back from 2019 or baggy trousers in Oslo during Noble prize. And much better than Smiths times clothes.
Agree. (But I like those Smiths times clothes! But not stuck on anything.)

I have certainly been critical of / disappointed with Morrissey over the last few years especially but why is this forum full of people who seem to come on solely to post negative remarks / insult him? Isn't it meant to be for Morrissey fans. Personally I thought it was good to see him on TV singing well and seeming relaxed for the interview. The song was okay but I wish would come back with an excellent single like you have killed me.

I have certainly been critical of / disappointed with Morrissey over the last few years especially but why is this forum full of people who seem to come on solely to post negative remarks / insult him? Isn't it meant to be for Morrissey fans. Personally I thought it was good to see him on TV singing well and seeming relaxed for the interview. The song was okay but I wish would come back with an excellent single like you have killed me.
All I can say is that the positive, gracious vibe of people present at the recent concert I attended doesn’t match the negativity vibe I pick up from a few folks here sometimes. I have gathered there are different kinds of critics here:
1) those who think Morrissey is a treasure and deserves more than he gets but believe he could be doing something different for his own self-interests
2) those who enjoy slagging Morrissey off for fun
3) those narcissistic types who think they have some higher knowledge (but don’t) and get some kind of supply from slagging Morrissey off
4) those who legit have some higher knowledge and just tend to focus on the negative

If someone can’t find at least some positive aspects some of the time or deliver constructive criticism, they are definitely #2 or #3 and need to get another hobby. The #2 types need to get another hobby. The #3 types are insufferable enough in their own personal relationships, it will all catch up to them.

All I can say is that the positive, gracious vibe of people present at the recent concert I attended doesn’t match the negativity vibe I pick up from a few folks here sometimes. I have gathered there are different kinds of critics here:
1) those who think Morrissey is a treasure and deserves more than he gets but believe he could be doing something different for his own self-interests
2) those who enjoy slagging Morrissey off for fun
3) those narcissistic types who think they have some higher knowledge (but don’t) and get some kind of supply from slagging Morrissey off
4) those who legit have some higher knowledge and just tend to focus on the negative

If someone can’t find at least some positive aspects some of the time or deliver constructive criticism, they are definitely #2 or #3 and need to get another hobby. The #2 types need to get another hobby. The #3 types are insufferable enough in their own personal relationships, it will all catch up to them.

700% (y)

Back
Top Bottom