Joan Rivers statement on TTY

He wouldn't f***ing dare, he made no stupid pissed up statements when Prince George was born, and let's face it what kind of person would say nasty,cruel things about about a baby developing in its Mothers tummy ?
That's not saying he isn't cable of saying such childish nasty things but if he does choose to he might be better to increase his security arrangements when he visits the United Kingdum.

Benny-the-British-Butcher
Don't you get it?, nobody gives a f*** about you're royal family, but I do wish them all the best with the new baby I hope all goes well for them as I would for any couple expecting a baby, that's all they are to me, an ordinary couple, no better, no worse

Realitybites doesn't know anything about Joan Rivers or Morrissey (or anything else, really), so she decided to dominate the thread and make it about anti-semitism, because she once visited Israel with her Jewish ex-husband and now believes she's an authority on Judaism and anti-semitism based on that experience. It's all a façade of course, so if you asked her a few incisive questions about Judaism the veneer of 'knowledge' would swiftly dissipate. You would then plainly be able to see that she's just stringing words together and doesn't have a deep understanding of what she's discussing.

I skip the majority of her posts now, but if there are a lot of them on a thread, like on this one, then I'll simply scan down through them to get the gist of what she's trying to say. I know from experience that when reading her posts I won't laugh or fall into deep contemplation, and that's because everything she writes is completely devoid of humour, emotion, and intellectual content. Therefore, unless someone is masochistic, or performing research into the reasons behind the cognitive distortions apparent in certain sections of modern American society, then I can't begin to comprehend why they would torture themselves with her uneducated Palin-esque fatuity when there are thousands of books on library shelves waiting to be read.

She strikes me as someone who had academic potential in adolescence, but put her life and education on hold for twenty years to raise a child. After the child grew up and moved out, not knowing what to do with all of her free time, she began going to online forums with the intention of 'enlightening' its denizens, not realising her potential had never been developed and she still had the intellect of a teenager. Ten years and ten thousand posts later she still hasn't got the hint.

As for her list of Jewish comedians, would she be capable of creating a similar list of Christian entertainers without commenting on how 'stupid' they are for being religious and believing in a higher power? I can't imagine it...

This website has been sorely missing the presence of strong, interesting 'posters who are female' (not 'female posters', right Morrissey? *wink*) for quite some time.
I approve of a few of the newcomers, but they might not last. Skylarker and !Viva! will return later this month from their 'break' (I hear they're gone to Tahiti to iron out a few of the kinks in their relationship?), and will be enraged that their positions have since been filled.

The shock of the new will be too jarring, they'll have to attempt to chase the new posters away, but I know whose side I'll be on. It's obvious, that like the Israelis and Palestinians we're unable to co-exist peacefully.

I'll take on Skylarker Sharon and !Viva! Netanyahu; single-handedly if I must. They can take the other old occupiers with them..

Shalom, Salaam, if only....
Me say war!

"When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. They deserve it! I won't count the casualties..."

#FreeMorrisseySolo
#WomenOfMorrisseySoloUnite
#ThisIsNotYourForum

In continued mourning,
In sincerity,
Mozambiguous

*EDIT*

"This is a local website for local people!"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!

You said what I was thinking. This should be a sticky. I like the new posters. I have enjoyed reading any poster who isn't looking for a fight to feel alive.

Originally Posted by crawleyrocket
'From theguardian.com Joan Rivers obituary, "In 1973 she wrote a TV movie, The Girl Most Likely To ..., which starred Stockard Channing." http://www.theguardian.com/stage/201...uary-limelight

Source for a B-side song title, anyone? CR'

Interesting -- never realized the connection.

Well, it was something that struck me as interesting whilst reading her obituary instead of all the crap that was being posted here about religion and race and nationality etc.; I hate it when the posts go off into a mentalworld that don't relate to the original thread - stop it people! Anyway, Morrissey does love his films, actors and the early glimmers of stardom so with Joan Rivers being the writer of this film, I wondered whether this could be one of the the sources of his interest in her and also where his song title came from.

Even the subject matter of the film seems to fit alongside some of the themes of Morrissey's music. In Stockard Channing's (Rizzo in Grease) first movie role she plays an unattractive college girl who is bullied, rejected and unable to find love. She later seeks revenge after a car accident which leads her to have plastic surgery, transforming her into a beauty who nobody recognises.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070112/

Seems to fit the Moz bill, n'est-ce pas?...CR

Watch the film here if you're interested:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqW32UBR0YY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18RR2qx0128&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROumPMQh7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbV-zQKgfo4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW_MCEJew8Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFTcwWMkoho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know why I think this way but, separating personalities from the equation, I decided to look at who drew first blood. Where someone commented in a name calling way against a poster and not just challenging the poster’s comments or ideas but the character of the poster.

Post 38 – reality bites called Hadrian an “antiSemitic ignoramus.
Post 40 – CG called reality bites “retarded”
Post 60 – Reality bites calls hand in glove “ignorant” in your ignorance knows no bounds
Post 61 – Reality bites calls CG a “imbecile”
Post 64 – Reality bites states she will always be more intelligent than CG
Post 70 - Reality bites calls hand in glove “ignorant” again
Post 75 – hand in glove calls reality bites a “budding Hitler”
Post 80 – keene belittles Reality bites by saying she has “defensive arrogance”
Post 86 - mozza220559 tells reality bites to “oh shut the f*** up you whining c***”
Post 87 – keene to Reality bites “everybody sees through your mask”
Post 88 – Reality bites states “Mozza has the IQ of a rodent”

Well I think I get the picture on how every thread goes this way. Thank you for all who did have a meaningful discussion, even about race, without doing the name calling. RIP Joan, may heaven open its gates for you.

I don’t know why I think this way but, separating personalities from the equation, I decided to look at who drew first blood. Where someone commented in a name calling way against a poster and not just challenging the poster’s comments or ideas but the character of the poster.

Post 60 – Reality bites calls hand in glove “ignorant” in your ignorance knows no bounds
Post 86 - mozza220559 tells reality bites to “oh shut the f*** up you whining c***”

Well I think I get the picture on how every thread goes this way. Thank you for all who did have a meaningful discussion, even about race, without doing the name calling. RIP Joan, may heaven open its gates for you.

Yeah well... that's one interpretation....The thread should've been about Morrissey's statement concerning "insatiable death"....I still don't know how race entered the picture or why.
He was bringing in his personal feelings with a little humor.

Did anybody learn a thing here? Who knows......

Yeah well... that's one interpretation....The thread should've been about Morrissey's statement concerning "insatiable death"....I still don't know how race entered the picture or why.
He was bringing in his personal feelings with a little humor.

Did anybody learn a thing here? Who knows......

Being Jewish isn't a race. It got into the thread because the subject of the thread was (is?) Jewish.

Being Jewish isn't a race. It got into the thread because the subject of the thread was (is?) Jewish.

Yep...you sure could look at it that way.

I thought the subject was Death....Death is not Jewish or a race.

Ok. I don't come here often enough to refer to anyone as a 'sound voice' so I shouldn't have. But I'm struck by the needless negativity, name-calling, and meanness. I challenge you who do this (you know who you are) to take that extra minute-step of communicating your point/thought without the venom. I bet you will feel better for taking the 'high road', and more importantly, your audience (we who read it) won't be subjected to the unkind negativity. Aren't we the reason you post here rather than in your personal journal or in an email to the one you're attempting to hurt with mean words? There's too much brain & heart power here to be so lazily lured into the dark negative space. The people who trigger that venomous response aren't worth stooping down to that level. Think of all of us who read but don't post when you take that extra step toward the higher road. We like reading your thoughts (but the other stuff is really toxic). We don't wanna be driven away from this place. We want to read your posts and even participate sometimes. But it can be needlessly repelling sometimes. I, for one, thank you immensely for trying to do this!

Ok. I don't come here often enough to refer to anyone as a 'sound voice' so I shouldn't have. But I'm struck by the needless negativity, name-calling, and meanness. I challenge you who do this (you know who you are) to take that extra minute-step of communicating your point/thought without the venom. I bet you will feel better for taking the 'high road', and more importantly, your audience (we who read it) won't be subjected to the unkind negativity. Aren't we the reason you post here rather than in your personal journal or in an email to the one you're attempting to hurt with mean words? There's too much brain & heart power here to be so lazily lured into the dark negative space. The people who trigger that venomous response aren't worth stooping down to that level. Think of all of us who read but don't post when you take that extra step toward the higher road. We like reading your thoughts (but the other stuff is really toxic). We don't wanna be driven away from this place. We want to read your posts and even participate sometimes. But it can be needlessly repelling sometimes. I, for one, thank you immensely for trying to do this!

But if there isn't an occasional STFU or GTFO, the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond would be so boring. :sweet:

Whoa...whoa...WHOA. You need to go back and read post 75. I didn't call realitybites a "Budding Hitler" or anything else in this entire thread. She said that I had accused her of Eugenics when I said she SOUNDED like a budding Hitler in another thread. This one: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/132510-Does-Morrissey-Hate-Dogs You'll see this is where she told us how she'd put an end to aggressive dog breeds - to all dogs, if possible. (And, yes, Jehne - I know eugenics has nothing to do with dogs, but you brought the word up in association with my comment, so... )

And, by the way, blueman, you did say you agree with Mozambigious. His review of RB was scathing. So, be aware when you're calling others out that you're not much better for it.

And, who might you be? Sounds like you stop in more than you say. You revealed a little too much when claiming you're just passing through here. Just a heads-up: Since you're taking such a "high road" - watch out for that cliff just ahead...

Honestly...

And, now...to stay on topic...
REST IN PEACE, JOAN. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

Sometimes this forum seems like a bunch of Joan Rivers and Morrissey talking and fighting about policy

You are right, I stopped my tally to early.

Just add,
Post 203 - no1uno agrees with mozamigous in their deconstruction of reality bites and affirms his belief that name calling of others is not smart, or intellectual.

Edit,
Anyone who read my take on post 75, please erase that from your mind. I misunderstood the context as I glazed over the posts. This placed hand in glove in the name calling category, which is wrong. I was actually surprised when I put it down because I read her blog and she just isn't that type of poster. My bad

post #205 made me laugh, though its not exactly my take :o
however, I've got a sixth sense for most of these things here these days and just skim over much of it
but yeah, while I am not a fan of her fashion show thingie, she was ground breaking, Joan Rivers I mean, and she deserves to be honored :thumb:

And, by the way, blueman, you did say you agree with Mozambigious. His review of RB was scathing. So, be aware when you're calling others out that you're not much better for it.

Mozambiguous' comments were hyperbolic. To claim I know nothing about Morrissey is erroneous. Clearly I DO know many things about both him and his music. I also know a little about Joan. I have watched several of her appearances on the Johnny Carson Show and also have seen many episodes of the Fashion Police. I also watched her documentary and blogged about it a few years ago. He is correct that I was married to an Israeli Jew and spent three months in Israel. But my knowledge of Judaism comes from my extensive reading and not solely because of those two variables. I am no expert, however, just somewhat educated. Just as I am somewhat educated about Morrissey and Joan. Certainly I have more knowledge and interest in at least two of those areas than the general population--enough to successfully contribute in a discussion about those things.

I called Hadrian out as anti-Semitic because of this comment which I do feel is derogatory in tone:

I would never ever think that Morrissey liked Joan Rivers. She was such a typical American product — a noisy and mouthy Jew, a walking plastic surgery. Not witty and not funny at all, only glitz and kitsch.
Why, Morrissey, why?​

Was I being hypersensitive? Perhaps. But I am a cheerleader of sorts for the Jewish people. I try to stop anti-Semitic comments and attitudes in their tracks and to educate people whenever possible. I do the same thing when it comes to hate directed at gays and lesbians. I suppose I went about it all wrong by being hostile and argumentative instead of patient and generous. I will learn from this experience.

Mozambiguous is BB. One of his alter egos. The guy is all over the map. One day he is calling Viva and Skylarker mental patients. The next day he is waxing nostalgic about them and pondering when they will return.

And, who might you be? Sounds like you stop in more than you say. You revealed a little too much when claiming you're just passing through here. Just a heads-up: Since you're taking such a "high road" - watch out for that cliff just ahead...

My guess is that he is Keene posting anonymously.

Mozambiguous' comments were hyperbolic. To claim I know nothing about Morrissey is erroneous. Clearly I DO know many things about both him and his music. I also know a little about Joan. I have watched several of her appearances on the Johnny Carson Show and also have seen many episodes of the Fashion Police. I also watched her documentary and blogged about it a few years ago. He is correct that I was married to an Israeli Jew and spent three months in Israel. But my knowledge of Judaism comes from my extensive reading and not solely because of those two variables. I am no expert, however, just somewhat educated. Just as I am somewhat educated about Morrissey and Joan. Certainly I have more knowledge and interest in at least two of those areas than the general population--enough to successfully contribute in a discussion about those things.

I called Hadrian out as anti-Semitic because of this comment which I do feel is derogatory in tone:

I would never ever think that Morrissey liked Joan Rivers. She was such a typical American product — a noisy and mouthy Jew, a walking plastic surgery. Not witty and not funny at all, only glitz and kitsch.
Why, Morrissey, why?​

Was I being hypersensitive? Perhaps. But I am a cheerleader of sorts for the Jewish people. I try to stop anti-Semitic comments and attitudes in their tracks and to educate people whenever possible. I do the same thing when it comes to hate directed at gays and lesbians. I suppose I went about it all wrong by being hostile and argumentative instead of patient and generous. I will learn from this experience.

Mozambiguous is BB. One of his alter egos. The guy is all over the map. One day he is calling Viva and Skylarker mental patients. The next day he is waxing nostalgic about them and pondering when they will return.

didn't you start a BB appreciation thread?

Why, Morrissey, why?​

There is nothing anti-semetic about this comment. Joan was a noisy, mouthy Jew. Is he saying all Jews are mouthy and noisy? No, he's saying JOAN was. But you have no interest in talking about Joan, you want to talk about something you've read a few pages about and can pretend to look intelligent, meanwhile derailing all discussion of the topic and insulting the original poster who wasn't anti-semetic?

You are right, I stopped my tally to early.

Just add,
Post 203 - no1uno agrees with mozamigous in their deconstruction of reality bites and affirms his belief that name calling of others is not smart, or intellectual.

Edit,
Anyone who read my take on post 75, please erase that from your mind. I misunderstood the context as I glazed over the posts. This placed hand in glove in the name calling category, which is wrong. I was actually surprised when I put it down because I read her blog and she just isn't that type of poster. My bad

My point was that I had not resorted to that level in this thread.

Name calling is not a sign of being smart and an intellectual. I agree. I realise that I'm just as much at fault as anyone else in the name calling category - most definitely in the past. A lot of it with RB - especially. There's a history that you, or anyone else, really, don't know about. I will be the first to say that quite a lot of those posts come from a place of hurt and misunderstanding. On my part, anyway. Unnecessary and tactless. A vicious tide of time, indeed. I'm not proud of it. And, that's all I've really got to say right now.

There is nothing anti-semetic about this comment. Joan was a noisy, mouthy Jew. Is he saying all Jews are mouthy and noisy? No, he's saying JOAN was. But you have no interest in talking about Joan, you want to talk about something you've read a few pages about and can pretend to look intelligent, meanwhile derailing all discussion of the topic and insulting the original poster who wasn't anti-semetic?

Is it possible for me to make a post directed at someone else without you hijacking it?

I do feel his post was anti-Semitic. People who are advocates and sensitive to the Jewish history don't say things like 'mouthy Jew' unless they are Jewish themselves. Of course you don't understand this as you called me retarded. You seem oblivious or indifferent to the offensive nature of such pejoratives.

Back
Top Bottom