Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
make an account then i might believe you.
Not sure why you’re so stuck on something so simple.
All 4 signed vinyl were on view in boxes as I walked in; with all 4 being full. When leaving, only Vauxhall seemed to have a fair few missing. The other 3 were just missing the odd one or two.
You seem to spend all day long on here saying the same things but worded differently.
You’re like one of these armchair football fans.

Darren, I don't expect any details but would you know why Morrissey has insisted on hanging onto Jesse for so long?

I really feel that Tobias has done nothing to enhance nor sustain Morrissey's musical career (from compositions to guitar playing). If anything, Jesse has greatly detracted from Morrissey's music in the studio and very much on stage.
Some people say that Johnny Marr is underrated. But Jesse Tobias is not even 'rated'.

Try googling 'Jesse Tobias Guitar Tutorial' and have a chuckle at the empty space.

Not sure why you’re so stuck on something so simple.
All 4 signed vinyl were on view in boxes as I walked in; with all 4 being full. When leaving, only Vauxhall seemed to have a fair few missing. The other 3 were just missing the odd one or two.
You seem to spend all day long on here saying the same things but worded differently.
You’re like one of these armchair football fans.
well there is that many haters on here its hard to believe what people say,for a start i dont spend all day on here because i work,i was off for two weeks thats why i was on here during the day,the reason im on now is because i work in a school and the kids are off for six weeks so i can go in early and leave early.

Yeah, it's not really an encore if you always come back and do the song everyone is waiting for/always play. This isn't a Morrissey issue either, most bands/artists do it. For me, it's only an encore if you come back and play something unplanned.
In my opinion an encore should be a rare event, with bands going 'Fook me - this crowd is so insane, we're going to come back on and treat them to something special'. Unfortunately for Morrissey and 99% of other artists, they have become built into the show, and are expected by the audience. If they don't get one, they feel slighted. It feels so artificial how a band goes off stage and waits in the dressing room for 5 minutes. Stay on stage and give us another song!

is that now how new orders blue monday came about,maybe i dreamt that,sure somebody will have the info.
they never used to do encores but for a short period of time they walked off and a sort of rough version of what turned into Blue Monday kicked in.

is Notre Dame potentially his worst song, ever??
Upon reflection, i think it’s up there. Musically it’s not the worst thing in the world, but Morrissey doesn’t sing , he speaks, and he speaks absolute shite for what felt like an ungodly about of time (it was probably about 4 minutes)
What an absolute dirge, the conspiracy element is bizarre and baffling enough but there’s not even a tangible tune to it

Sorrow Will Come In the End was the worst, but Notre Dame is almost certainly worse.

I am one of the few people who thinks the music is almost as shit as the music. It reminds me of a 90s police drama, something like A Touch of Frost (yes, I'm aware the music isn't the same, but it just gives me that vibe).

Edit: I have just remembered that Black Cloud sounds like the theme tune for the Bill, and it's another Alain Whyte song. Maybe Alain has a thing for police dramas?

GBNews isn’t ‘right wing’ in the traditional sense that people understand it.

It is ‘culturally conservative’ which basically means it reflects many of the values of the traditional working class ‘Old Labour’… ie not ‘New Labour’… ie not ‘2023 Conservative’… or ‘2023 Labour’ for that matter.

Many people are simply unable to grasp this relatively recently forgotten concept / demographic, yet it represents the majority of the UK.

Morrissey understands that, which is why the working class don’t leave him however much the middle class despise him.
thats why i watch it every morning,it has a nice balance,the bbc is at an all time low with huw edwards and sky is owned by rupert murdoch,gbnews doesnt have that baggage.

Sorrow Will Come In the End was the worst, but Notre Dame is almost certainly worse.

Sorrow is very, very bad. Though, I've never enjoyed Lucky Lisp either. A few others, like Notre Dame (which at least sounds much better than Sorrow) that don't have any kind of interesting lyrical content I pan as well. Most of his material is very listenable though.

Great gig, only the 2nd time I've seen him outdoors in about 30 shows but the sound was good and the band did not disappoint. Some great banter between songs and the setlist was good, a slight lull after the first half a dozen songs but I wouldn't want a complete greatest hits set anyway. Support bands were good, Slow Readers Club were decent but they struggled to follow the Lottery Winners as the singer seemed to have the crowd in the palm of his hand, well he had me at least and those around me.
It was a top show. I was worried he wouldn't turn up . I like that he hasn't bothered to explain the band line up, why the feck should he ? The fans were bang into the show. Even in the Smiths it was mainly about M. So the solo fans ain't gonna feel no way about a line up change . He could do with changing the set list but it's up to him

It was a top show. I was worried he wouldn't turn up . I like that he hasn't bothered to explain the band line up, why the feck should he ? The fans were bang into the show. Even in the Smiths it was mainly about M. So the solo fans ain't gonna feel no way about a line up change . He could do with changing the set list but it's up to him

She's fire
I think this new band could be something special. I hope people aren't going to keep going on about AW leaving. What's done is done. .AWs work on ND is fire but I like some of Jesse's work also. Maybe M could still work with Al on music , just not touring ?
I'm just fecking happy we all had fun last night .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom