Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all knew what songs we were going to get, but the order they were played in worked really well. The first five songs being the best openers for me for a long time. I’ve never been to an outdoor Moz gig before, had tickets for castlefield, which he cancelled. It truly was brilliant!

I heard quite a few people complaining. Tough to explain there was no missing encore, he just stayed on stage.

Maybe this happens every gig, but from my position you could see through a gap to the backstage area, which was tiny, and probably why Miz didn't want to wait. Moz was off stage and immediately into the back of a waiting car and driven out the back gate of the venue before the band had even finished 'Hooligan'.
Absolutely bizarre how it ended- he didnt even say thank you and goodnight. Felt like a massive snub to me- I wont be going to see him live again.

Morrissey / Carmen Vandenberg at Leeds "Jack the Ripper

If he stayed on stage…which I thought he had…There is no encore….an encore is an additional performance. There wasn’t one. Just saying….

SuWatched a few videos from this this gig and well, let’s be honest, the only people that really go to these big gigs are the ‘shut up and play the hits’ so of course it’s ‘fantastic, incredible….’ …. He opens from HSIN and it constitutes as mesmerising.

All due respect to the teeny boppers and Match of the Day ‘Carling and a whiskey chaser please love’ geezers but they haven’t any other point of reference.

Replace the HSIN with SOMN, SMIYTYHTOB with ATLD and give an encore of NBLU (I’ll let the kids do some homework on the acronyms) and we might *just* be right.

Watched a few videos from this this gig and well, let’s be honest, the only people that really go to these big gigs are the ‘shut up and play the hits’ so of course it’s ‘fantastic, incredible….’ …. He opens from HSIN and it constitutes as mesmerising.

All due respect to the teeny boppers, but
they haven’t any other point of reference.

Replace the HSIN with SOMN, SMIYTYHTOB with ATLD and give an encore of NBLU (I’ll let the kids do some homework on the acronyms) and we might *just* be right.

I’ve been seeing him live since 1991! I’ve plenty of reference, it was a good setlist. It worked well for the venue.

never understood encores,you play a bunch of songs then you walk off then if somebody claps you walk back on and sing another song,only good thing here is your steps for the day even better if your spinal tap and get lost backstage.

The after show disco was fantastic. Bit of a trek (20 min walk) but well worth it and a good turn out. Had forgotten how many quality Smiths & Morrissey songs there are. Respect to the DJ for leafleting outside the gig then for the quality of his song choices and special thanks for playing my request of Maladjusted, which cleared the floor except for these top guys-
Rightly so, I mean, how the hell does one dance to Maladjusted?!!

Boro legend and Irish football international

thewlis although he played for ireland he was born 15 minutes up the road from me in paisley,that is in scotland for any of our international friends,good player in his day.

is Notre Dame potentially his worst song, ever??
Upon reflection, i think it’s up there. Musically it’s not the worst thing in the world, but Morrissey doesn’t sing , he speaks, and he speaks absolute shite for what felt like an ungodly about of time (it was probably about 4 minutes)
What an absolute dirge, the conspiracy element is bizarre and baffling enough but there’s not even a tangible tune to it
the music is very good,with a good lyric it could have been a belter.

Rightly so, I mean, how the hell does one dance to Maladjusted?!!
with great difficulty.good song though,just not a dance floor filler,its hardly dancing queen.

never understood encores,you play a bunch of songs then you walk off then if somebody claps you walk back on and sing another song,only good thing here is your steps for the day even better if your spinal tap and get lost backstage.

Yeah, it's not really an encore if you always come back and do the song everyone is waiting for/always play. This isn't a Morrissey issue either, most bands/artists do it. For me, it's only an encore if you come back and play something unplanned.

The Wedding Present do it best. Gedge says something along the lines of, 'This is our last song... we don't do encores'

Yeah, it's not really an encore if you always come back and do the song everyone is waiting for/always play. This isn't a Morrissey issue either, most bands/artists do it. For me, it's only an encore if you come back and play something unplanned.

The Wedding Present do it best. Gedge says something along the lines of, 'This is our last song... we don't do encores'
is that now how new orders blue monday came about,maybe i dreamt that,sure somebody will have the info.

I really enjoyed it. Must be in double digits of seeing him now & while it wasn't my absolute favourite I thought he sounded great.
Had tickets for Nottingham and was gutted as I remember absolutely loving that venue, so took a punt on a midweek dash to Leeds.
I didn't see last year so the Setlist didn't sound tired to me. Absolutely loved Jack the Ripper with all the Whitechapel fog & stage looked alight.

Would have loved a couple more songs. Not sure why but I kept expecting 'Trouble Loves Me' & 'Late Night Maudlin Street' - bit of wishful thinking on my part I think.

Midweek couple of beers & some really nice food with a mate too - so it's a thumbs up from me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom