Low in High School number 2 in 20th Nov. UK album charts

Despite what's happening around it the album is good. It may only have 13 reviews so far on amazon but most are positive and it's got a four out of five

The album sold 20.407 copies so far, more than World Peace sold in its first week in 2014.

1 Paloma Faith - The Architect * [24,160]
2 Morrissey - Low In High School * [20,407]
3 Tokio Myers - Our Generation * [19,102]
4 Sam Smith - The Thrill Of It All [16,632]
5 Jeff Lynne's ELO - Wembley Or Bust * [13,596]

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207056

S'up @BrummieBoy, your prediction failed just like all your troll posts and your dreadfully unfunny Benny the british butcher :greatbritain: :knife: gimmick. Time to retire, you demented toerag.
:rofl::laughing:

Auf Wiedersehen
:tiphat:

Ugly Devil :japaneseogre:
XXX

S'up @BrummieBoy, your prediction failed just like all your troll posts and your dreadfully unfunny Benny the british butcher :greatbritain: :knife: gimmick. Time to retire, you demented toerag.
:rofl::laughing:

Auf Wiedersehen
:tiphat:

Ugly Devil :japaneseogre:
XXX

What prediction?

The prediction I made is on-track & Morrissey is on target to miss the target I said he had to match to retain any credibility as a 'British Icon'.

as you were.....

Liam Gallagher has gone straight in at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with his debut solo album As You Were.

Scoring massive combined sales of 103,000 (91% of which were physical purchases and digital downloads), Liam lands at the top spot with ease, outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...lbums-chart-and-sets-new-vinyl-record__20743/

What prediction?

The prediction I made is on-track & Morrissey is on target to miss the target I said he had to match to retain any credibility as a 'British Icon'.

as you were.....

Liam Gallagher has gone straight in at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with his debut solo album As You Were.

Scoring massive combined sales of 103,000 (91% of which were physical purchases and digital downloads), Liam lands at the top spot with ease, outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...lbums-chart-and-sets-new-vinyl-record__20743/

:microphone:Isn't it funny how Morrissey solo goes on... without our Brumm, without our Brumm :microphone:

I don't know how possible it would be at this stage, considering most of the fan base will have already bought their multiple copies, but if he did manage to get the no 1 spot. That would give him a no 1 album in 4 different decades, right?

I don't know how possible it would be at this stage, considering most of the fan base will have already bought their multiple copies, but if he did manage to get the no 1 spot. That would give him a no 1 album in 4 different decades, right?

It's really sad that he'd miss another chance of getting 4th no.1 UK album chart. :(

What prediction?

as you were.....

Scoring massive combined sales of 103,000 (91% of which were physical purchases and digital downloads),/

Moz was never going to sell 100k (has he ever in one week?) so your "credibility" test is deeply flawed and inequitable. If he opens with 25k plus then you naysayers will have no credibility if you claim it's a failure.

Last edited:
How does it work with chart positions anyway? I was under the impression it was every Thursday or Friday that they get announced giving it an official chart position.

The album sold 20.407 copies so far, more than World Peace sold in its first week in 2014.
I'm not surprised - there were only three versions of 'World Peace' for sale (CD, bonus CD, LP), whereas there are 8 for 'Low in High School' (CD, cassette, 7" box, transparent LP, green LP, orange LP, yellow LP, blue LP).

Moz was never going to sell 100k (has he ever in one week?) so your "credibility" test is deeply flawed and inequitable. If he opens with 25k plus then you naysayers will have no credibility if you claim it's a failure.

If anyone had said Liam Gallagher would sell £100k a few months ago nobody would have believed it possible. But it happened. Why? Because people think the songs are great. It won't happen with Morrissey because people think the songs are shit. You have no credibility whatsoever. You claim Morrissey is a 'British Musical Icon'....but nobody buys his records? How does that one work?

If it was possible for Liam to turbo-charge his career, why can't Morrissey?

LOL!

If anyone had said Liam Gallagher would sell £100k a few months ago nobody would have believed it possible. But it happened. Why? Because people think the songs are great. It won't happen with Morrissey because people think the songs are shit. You have no credibility whatsoever. You claim Morrissey is a 'British Musical Icon'....but nobody buys his records? How does that one work?

If it was possible for Liam to turbo-charge his career, why can't Morrissey?

LOL!

Do you actually have a job or do you troll for a living?

Seriously tho it says a lot that the songs are 'shit' but it still performs pretty well. His best years are gone, but he still produces decent stuff that sells.

Do you actually have a job or do you troll for a living?

Seriously tho it says a lot that the songs are 'shit' but it still performs pretty well. His best years are gone, but he still produces decent stuff that sells.

This is my job!!!! I am a professional troll. Like Morrissey. The Kremlin pays me to do this as part of their effort to destroy democracy.

Decent stuff? His new album is a crock of shit. As for sales, let's wait and see. Currently he's selling exactly in line with what we'd expect from a C List Boomer Heritage act with a strong 'cult' following: a bunch of nutjobs who have bought 11 versions of LIHS. Once those sales are booked, we'll see if The Great British Public are still interested in this supposed Greatest British Icon.

This is my job!!!! I am a professional troll. Like Morrissey. The Kremlin pays me to do this as part of their effort to destroy democracy.

Decent stuff? His new album is a crock of shit. As for sales, let's wait and see. Currently he's selling exactly in line with what we'd expect from a C List Boomer Heritage act with a strong 'cult' following: a bunch of nutjobs who have bought 11 versions of LIHS. Once those sales are booked, we'll see if The Great British Public are still interested in this supposed Greatest British Icon.

How do I apply?? I wouldn't mind doing that for a Joy Division fan club ;)

But I think the fact he has a cult following says a lot. Enough to keep him in the album charts, even in the singles charts in the top 100. Not saying this stuff is amazing, but it is listenable, and a lot of people think so. But that is all opinion, largely subjective.

But the point is that his past work cements him as a legend, illustrated by how well his name sells.

How do I apply?? I wouldn't mind doing that for a Joy Division fan club ;)

But I think the fact he has a cult following says a lot. Enough to keep him in the album charts, even in the singles charts in the top 100. Not saying this stuff is amazing, but it is listenable, and a lot of people think so. But that is all opinion, largely subjective.

But the point is that his past work cements him as a legend, illustrated by how well his name sells.

I agree with you. His sales are entirely respectable for an ageing C List Boomer but I very much doubt he sees it that way. He appears to have delusions. He has spent years moaning about the failure of record companies to give him sufficient publicity. No amount of publicity will make him a global star with these songs. You like them. I think they're ridiculous. As you write, it's just opinions. The opinion of the British record buying public is largely 'No thanks!'.

If he stopped whining and got his act together with decent songwriters and curbed his potty mouth lyrics and interviews, there's no reason why he couldn't sell a lot more. He has a great voice. However, his lyrics are now so silly that the songs are largely unlistenable for me.

The main reason I troll Morrissey is over his bogus stance on animal liberation, but once you start you find so much to mock him for! Now, I must find some more hurtful press to post to annoy his cult! You might think it's easy being a professional troll but there's standards. And competition! Benny The British Butcher is on my heels! My status as Troll #1 here isn't guaranteed!

I agree with you. His sales are entirely respectable for an ageing C List Boomer but I very much doubt he sees it that way. He appears to have delusions. He has spent years moaning about the failure of record companies to give him sufficient publicity. No amount of publicity will make him a global star with these songs. You like them. I think they're ridiculous. As you write, it's just opinions. The opinion of the British record buying public is largely 'No thanks!'.

If he stopped whining and got his act together with decent songwriters and curbed his potty mouth lyrics and interviews, there's no reason why he couldn't sell a lot more. He has a great voice. However, his lyrics are now so silly that the songs are largely unlistenable for me.

The main reason I troll Morrissey is over his bogus stance on animal liberation, but once you start you find so much to mock him for! Now, I must find some more hurtful press to post to annoy his cult! You might think it's easy being a professional troll but there's standards. And competition! Benny The British Butcher is on my heels! My status as Troll #1 here isn't guaranteed!

I do agree he could sell more, if he wanted to. But the thing is, I'm not sure he does. He already has the money, and his name means anything will sell now anyway, so I guess he just wants to write stuff that showcases his opinions on everything. The circumstances now are so different from when he needed to write something good and when he was clearly less powerful than the record label...

Well I think it would be quite easy to troll a Joy Division group. Link a video of someone singing using more than one note and they'd all have a collective aneurysm.

It's funny how you object to being rated as a "troll", then, when you freely admit you are one.

It's funny how you object to being rated as a "troll", then, when you freely admit you are one.

I might not be telling the truth. Or it might be an ironic gesture. Or it might be to annoy you and 'Ugly Truth' as you furiously bash away designating my posts as 'troll'. It's a bit like Taylor Smith reclaiming the snake from Kanye and Kim.....

As I'm now a Professional Troll, each and every time you and UT hit that 'troll' button you are merely complimenting me.

Suck it up, bitch!

CourteousFastKoalabear-small.gif

Back
Top Bottom