Low in High School number 2 in 20th Nov. UK album charts

If anyone had said Liam Gallagher would sell £100k a few months ago nobody would have believed it possible. But it happened. Why? Because people think the songs are great. It won't happen with Morrissey because people think the songs are shit. You have no credibility whatsoever.

No credibility? Your lack of self awareness is utterly stupendous, and once again you make a total tit of yourself. I'll try to give you a simple lesson in pop.
Liam Gallagher is the voice of Oasis – a simple laddish rock group who sold millions and millions of records to the undiscerning masses (including a couple of singles to me). Oasis once sold over 400,000 copies of their album on the day of its release, and another sold 22 million worldwide.
If you really find it surprising that the singer from Oasis, on his first ever solo album with songs written by professional songwriters (including Adele’s) deliberately designed to sound like Oasis, could sell 100,000 in a week, you are an even bigger f***wit than any of us realised which, believe me, is saying something.

No credibility? Your lack of self awareness is utterly stupendous, and once again you make a total tit of yourself. I'll try to give you a simple lesson in pop.
Liam Gallagher is the voice of Oasis – a simple laddish rock group who sold millions and millions of records to the undiscerning masses (including a couple of singles to me). Oasis once sold over 400,000 copies of their album on the day of its release, and another sold 22 million worldwide.
If you really find it surprising that the singer from Oasis, on his first ever solo album with songs written by professional songwriters (including Adele’s) deliberately designed to sound like Oasis, could sell 100,000 in a week, you are an even bigger f***wit than any of us realised which, believe me, is saying something.

Interesting view, so why was Beady Eye such a disaster from a sales perspective?

'Undiscerning masses'? Do you mean the 'crass consumers' Morrissey ranted about in 'Kid's A Looker'? Are you suggesting that song's directed at the likes of Liam Gallagher? Let's hope not, given the 3rd verse.

There's nothing to stop Morrissey using 'professional songwriters (including Adele's)' if he wants to sell to the 'undiscerning masses'. If he doesn't care about selling to them, why did he have a Diva hissy fit when Harvest failed to flog WPINOYB? Your problem is you are a silly little snob who denigrates the tastes of the 'undiscerning masses' just as Morrissey is a silly little snob with his 'crass consumers' nonsense. You are the f***wit, with your absurd cheerleading for LIHS. Let's see if it manages to get to #1 ahead of Paloma in a week of nondescript sales.

You have made a total tit of yourself. You quote a load of historic sales figures to begin your argument then dismiss them as irrelevant as they were sales to the 'undiscerning masses'. If sales aren't important: WHY ARE YOU MONITORING THE SALES OF LIHS as if it was your blood pressure monitor?

Of course, what your silly little rant does is fully support my argument that Morrissey-Solo is and always has been a strictly C List Tribute Act to The Smiths. He has only managed to have a 3 decade career as a solo artiste by mimicking his role when he was 1/4 of The Smiths collective. His fury, and yours, is that the public simply will not buy his Dad Rock Smith's Karaoke in the numbers he feels he deserves. That's why he was delusional enough to write 'Kid's A Looker' then drop it when he realised everyone was openly mocking and ridiculing him for his jealousy. Your post is pure Morrissey Cult, that sad little world full of snobs who think their musical choices are more important than those of the 'undiscerning masses/crass consumers' but who simply cannot stop obsessively monitoring the charts with threads like this and cannot stop bitterly complaining about the failure of the Cult Leader to connect with a record buying public he clearly despises. Thanks for revealing yourself so amusingly as a total snob Morrissey Cult Casualty!

Funny how Morrissey abandoned 'The Kid's A Looker'! Funny how Ed Sheeran was able to dismiss him so succinctly!
Morrissey's first week sales for LIHS will be resolutely C List Boomer Has-Been. Let's see if he can resist another angry outburst against the British Public for being 'duped' by the music business into NOT buying his ridiculous new album.

best
BB

Ed Sheeran says Morrissey is talking ‘absolute bollocks’ after being insulted by singer

The former Smiths frontman had claimed the public are being 'force-fed' the pair

Ed Sheeran has responded to criticism from Morrissey, who recently delivered a damning indictment of the music industry, painting it as being entirely under the control of major labels “force feeding” the public artists such as Sheeran and Sam Smith.

The former Smiths frontman had dismissed the modern music climate as “stringently controlled, obvious and predictable”, with Sheeran taking to Twitter to brush off the comments as “absolute bollocks”.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/ed-sheeran-36-1217106#iH06ED7isB0kym1j.99

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ed-sheeran-36-1217106#iH06ED7isB0kym1j.99

Interesting view, so why was Beady Eye such a disaster from a sales perspective?

Exactly. Liam is motivated by matching his brother. He realised that Beady Eye, whilst 'OK' were never going to connect with the wider public as the writers in the band simply couldn't deliver the songs. So he ripped it up and started again with the result that he is now A List, not C List. Morrissey constantly complains about the fact he has C List sales, insists there's a 'music business conspiracy' to stop the 'crass consumers' hearing his music but no amount of publicity will polish the turd that is LIHS. He retains the option of 'doing a Liam' by finding some new song-writers who can deliver the goods. Let's see if he does that or reverts to form and cranks up his fraudulent 'conspiracy theories' again.

Exactly. Liam is motivated by matching his brother. He realised that Beady Eye, whilst 'OK' were never going to connect with the wider public as the writers in the band simply couldn't deliver the songs. So he ripped it up and started again with the result that he is now A List, not C List. Morrissey constantly complains about the fact he has C List sales, insists there's a 'music business conspiracy' to stop the 'crass consumers' hearing his music but no amount of publicity will polish the turd that is LIHS. He retains the option of 'doing a Liam' by finding some new song-writers who can deliver the goods. Let's see if he does that or reverts to form and cranks up his fraudulent 'conspiracy theories' again.
Your love and admiration for Morrissey really is quite touching.

'Undiscerning masses'? Do you mean the 'crass consumers' Morrissey ranted about in 'Kid's A Looker'? Are you suggesting that song's directed at the likes of Liam Gallagher? Let's hope not, given the 3rd verse.

There's nothing to stop Morrissey using 'professional songwriters (including Adele's)' if he wants to sell to the 'undiscerning masses'. If he doesn't care about selling to them, why did he have a Diva hissy fit when Harvest failed to flog WPINOYB? Your problem is you are a silly little snob who denigrates the tastes of the 'undiscerning masses' just as Morrissey is a silly little snob with his 'crass consumers' nonsense. You are the f***wit, with your absurd cheerleading for LIHS. Let's see if it manages to get to #1 ahead of Paloma in a week of nondescript sales.

You have made a total tit of yourself. You quote a load of historic sales figures to begin your argument then dismiss them as irrelevant as they were sales to the 'undiscerning masses'. If sales aren't important: WHY ARE YOU MONITORING THE SALES OF LIHS as if it was your blood pressure monitor?

Of course, what your silly little rant does is fully support my argument that Morrissey-Solo is and always has been a strictly C List Tribute Act to The Smiths. He has only managed to have a 3 decade career as a solo artiste by mimicking his role when he was 1/4 of The Smiths collective. His fury, and yours, is that the public simply will not buy his Dad Rock Smith's Karaoke in the numbers he feels he deserves. That's why he was delusional enough to write 'Kid's A Looker' then drop it when he realised everyone was openly mocking and ridiculing him for his jealousy. Your post is pure Morrissey Cult, that sad little world full of snobs who think their musical choices are more important than those of the 'undiscerning masses/crass consumers' but who simply cannot stop obsessively monitoring the charts with threads like this and cannot stop bitterly complaining about the failure of the Cult Leader to connect with a record buying public he clearly despises. Thanks for revealing yourself so amusingly as a total snob Morrissey Cult Casualty!

Funny how Morrissey abandoned 'The Kid's A Looker'! Funny how Ed Sheeran was able to dismiss him so succinctly!
Morrissey's first week sales for LIHS will be resolutely C List Boomer Has-Been. Let's see if he can resist another angry outburst against the British Public for being 'duped' by the music business into NOT buying his ridiculous new album.

best
BB

Ed Sheeran says Morrissey is talking ‘absolute bollocks’ after being insulted by singer

The former Smiths frontman had claimed the public are being 'force-fed' the pair

Ed Sheeran has responded to criticism from Morrissey, who recently delivered a damning indictment of the music industry, painting it as being entirely under the control of major labels “force feeding” the public artists such as Sheeran and Sam Smith.

The former Smiths frontman had dismissed the modern music climate as “stringently controlled, obvious and predictable”, with Sheeran taking to Twitter to brush off the comments as “absolute bollocks”.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/ed-sheeran-36-1217106#iH06ED7isB0kym1j.99

Jesus wept. Do you really have to respond to every comment. You've made your point a trillion times and it's so tedious trawling past your lengthy diatribes. There's no way you can be somewhat generous and just stop, is there?

Jesus wept. Do you really have to respond to every comment. You've made your point a trillion times and it's so tedious trawling past your lengthy diatribes. There's no way you can be somewhat generous and just stop, is there?

Of course not! Why would I stop when I'm having such fun? Why don't you just put me on ignore? They are not 'lengthy diatribes'. They are succinct, engaging posts which make a valuable contribution to the debate within The Morrissey Community.

Your name is new to me 'Imbrie'. I shall now briefly scan your comment history to see what insightful points you have made. I hope any future responses from you will not take the name of Our Lord in vain!

The album sold 20.407 copies so far, more than World Peace sold in its first week in 2014.

1 Paloma Faith - The Architect * [24,160]
2 Morrissey - Low In High School * [20,407]
3 Tokio Myers - Our Generation * [19,102]
4 Sam Smith - The Thrill Of It All [16,632]
5 Jeff Lynne's ELO - Wembley Or Bust * [13,596]

Tuesday Update

1 Paloma Faith - The Architect * [27,788]
2 Morrissey - Low In High School * [22,910]
3 Sam Smith - The Thrill Of It All [22,260]
4 Tokio Myers - Our Generation * [21,525]
5 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together Again [16,351]

Beady Eye were a disaster, sales wise, mainly because they were called Beady Eye. You had to be a music geek to have heard of them. At the time I said that Liam G should have just used his own name - they would have done massively better. Makes a world of difference.
The other factor is that Gallagher recruited a team of professional songwriters for his solo album, so the quality of the songs has improved. I'm not convinced, personally. Thought Wall of Glass was awful but I do quite like China Town. Odd to think he didn't write the China Town lyrics. Sounds just like the kind of thing he'd write.

best
BB

I can't be bothered to read all of your inevitably idiotic reply but well done for writing a mini dissertation. I'm just pretty pleased that I put your f***-witted incredulity at Gallagher selling 100,000 in a week into some kind of intelligent perspective i.e. that Oasis managed to sell 4 times that number in 1 day.
If anything, it's amazing that Gallagher sold so few considering the team of professional songwriters he recruited, and the anticipation for the first solo record from the singer of one of the most commercially successful groups of the last 40 years.
A quick scan and you've mentioned Paloma Faith. Of course, Low in High School won't beat Paloma's album. Her single is getting tons of airplay, and this will power it to well over 30,000 sales. I've tried to explain to you before the relationship between airplay and record sales but even that sadly proved too complex for you to grasp.
As for being a music snob, yep, perhaps that explains why I've spent most of the last week listening to the new Taylor Swift album (it's a big disappointment after 1989) and why Harry Styles' Sign of the Times is one of my favourite songs of the year.
I'm constantly debunking the foolishness of your idiotic ramblings. It's a little exhausting but strangely gratifying. Everyone now knows what a total twat you were for being surprised at Gallagher selling 100,000. Perhaps best if you stick to your two apparent subjects of expertise - cheese and vegan cardigans.

PicsArt_11-22-12.29.53.jpg
Prediction for 2020. Morrissey records a Pink Floyd cover album.

Is that an actual photo of Morrissey?

I don't know why I'm asking, since I guess you didn't draw it.

But it hasn't been treated or anything?

He looks like someone who failed an audition to be the fourth Doctor Who.
Here's the original.

Attachments

• IMG_20171121_235515.jpg
    IMG_20171121_235515.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom